Official Bottega Veneta Resort 2020 Thread - post pics & discuss here.

Thank you, V0N!
does not look like Resort at all
I like the new take on the Veneta, it looks very soft, very individual with all those wrinkles and pleats, i think it will be sagging down nicely when loaded and make a great hobo :smile:

Reactions: papertiger
Thank you, V0N!
does not look like Resort at all
I like the new take on the Veneta, it looks very soft, very individual with all those wrinkles and pleats, i think it will be sagging down nicely when loaded and make a great hobo :smile:

It reminds me of a croissant.
Thank you VON and jburgh :flowers:

Thank you, VON and jburgh. It is interesting how some of the silhouettes from the past are being reused. I hope the size of some of he bigger bags gets reduced as some are just too big for even me. I’m not sure suede is resort. I would also probably spray suede protector on the woven suede bag (horrors!).

My thought is that he’s trying to be different to get away from TM but will hopefully settle a little closer to heritage for retail.

Reactions: Juda
Here is what Women's Wear Daily has to say about the collection:

Bottega Veneta Resort 2020
Luisa Zargani

While craftsmanship was key for creative director Daniel Lee, functionality was also a must for this feminine collection evolving some of the designer's previous fabrications and techniques.

Daniel Lee said he’s “cementing the new codes of what Bottega Veneta is becoming” as he guided a visitor through of the brand’s resort collection in Milan. To be sure, Lee evolved some of the previous fabrications and techniques, giving the lineup more ease and softness. The designer said he wanted to convey “a sense of simplicity and cleanliness which felt very relevant.”

There was some fluid tailoring, as in a beautiful brown pantsuit. But not too fluid, as fabrics always had a level of structure to help the designs hold their shape. The suit was shown with a light and soft turtleneck in leather — a material that continues to be key for Bottega Veneta. It got a waterproof treatment for a practical poncho. Functionality, in addition to craftsmanship, was a priority for Lee. “The clothes are very substantial. I don’t want the designs to be superfluous or decorative for the sake of it, everything has a reason,” he explained.

Leather was also printed over a gabardine trenchcoat for a cool graphic effect. Another leather trench came with a sophisticated ribbing on the back.

Bottega Veneta’s intrecciato weave, a starting point for the designer, was reworked as a drape on a knitted dress, on a quilted skirt and as a padded shirtfront. With an element of sparkle, the motif was reproduced in a pretty evening dress. “I feel like this is the most feminine collection I’ve done so far,” said Lee, who has three efforts under his belt.

The color palette was more somber and sophisticated, with accents of pistachio, sage green, light yellow or mauve.

Leather spirals appeared as bracelets and as elements on sandals, which also cinched the hem of the pants. “I wanted to keep the clothes sober and wearable and have fun with the accessories,” Lee said. And fun he did have, supersizing soft intrecciato bags — also padded — or reworking a Nineties special weave technique. There were some intriguing structured leather bags reproducing a marble print seen at Bottega Veneta’s Montebello headquarters, and bags with handles that can be worn as bracelets.

Article courtesy: wwd.com

Oh my gosh you nailed it! In the spirit of trying to be positive I really like this bag.
View attachment 4463772
I think this bag is what they were referring to here - wondering if that bag is worn on the wrist.
And fun he did have, supersizing soft intrecciato bags — also padded — or reworking a Nineties special weave technique. There were some intriguing structured leather bags reproducing a marble print seen at Bottega Veneta’s Montebello headquarters, and bags with handles that can be worn as bracelets.

I wonder if that very large intrecciato bag with the knot in the front is somehow padded?

Also, this bag, to me looks like "The Pouch" with a handle attached. I'm curious to see how it opens.
BV Resort 2020 Details03.jpg

Reactions: OneMoreDay
"....evening dress. “I feel like this is the most feminine collection I’ve done so far,” said Lee, who has three efforts under his belt..."
tumblr_mn7t32OrNb1s49x9io1_250.gif