Gucci chat thread! (Round 2!!!)

I’m so sad, the mini Dionysus I ordered from an Italian boutique got held at customs and has to be returned to shipper because they didn’t include the proper documentation :sad: It turns out that bc it’s a genuine snakeskin bag, it requires a CITES document to get into the US. I know snakeskin is illegal in California bc all the dept stores mention in bold that it can’t be shipped to CA, but there is no issue with NY, so this was all very surprising and confusing to me. I’m sharing for anyone that might get into this position in the future ordering from an overseas vendor to the US: make sure they include the proper docs before sending to you. This was such a waste of time and energy to ultimately get me nowhere and for even worse news, the customs rep told me it could take a really long time for them to get the item back to the vendor - from a few days to a few months to release it!! That’s CRAZY. Thanks for letting me share..

Aw sorry. I bought a python bag and it had a cites doc. Whenever I’ve looked at snake bags in store it had the doc in the bag. It’s just a piece of paper with origin of skin etc. I hope you get your bag.

Aw sorry. I bought a python bag and it had a cites doc. Whenever I’ve looked at snake bags in store it had the doc in the bag. It’s just a piece of paper with origin of skin etc. I hope you get your bag.
Ugh I wish I could have told the dhl people to look in the bag! They told me I had to give them written permission to return to the shipper or US customs would seize it :sad: I contacted the vendor and asked them to please send the docs and they emailed two pages in Italian that were included in the paperwork sent to dhl, so that didn’t amount to much. I’m just bummed, it was such a beautiful bag. Thank you @snibor for the supportive reply :flowers:

Help me decide!! I have brixton loafers in black, would like to get some princetowns for summer town between pink or the brown leather (beige looking)? Also do these fit similar to the brixtons or narrower? Thanks!

Hi all,
Today I bought my first Gucci bag (a Dionysus WOC) from the Old Street Store in London. When I got home and unwrapped the bag I noticed one of the rhinestones had fallen out, and another was chipped.

I'm obviously devastated as I'd only had the bag for a matter of hours and would not expect this issue to occur from an item at this price point! Has anyone else had quality issues with this bag and has anyone had any experience exchanging/refunding a faulty item from gucci?

Hi all,
Today I bought my first Gucci bag (a Dionysus WOC) from the Old Street Store in London. When I got home and unwrapped the bag I noticed one of the rhinestones had fallen out, and another was chipped.

I'm obviously devastated as I'd only had the bag for a matter of hours and would not expect this issue to occur from an item at this price point! Has anyone else had quality issues with this bag and has anyone had any experience exchanging/refunding a faulty item from gucci?

There's an Old Street store? Do you mean Bond St store? Just take it back they're repair it or give you a new one if they have the same variation.

♫♪♫ I'm Back In Love Again...♫♪♫ (remember that song from the eighties?) On eBay now going for $2980. PT, do we have an approx. year on this beautiful vintage? Seems it belongs in a Gucci museum to me. If I owned it, it would be behind glass and never, ever used.
VINTAGE.jpg VINTAGE 2.jpg VINTAGE 3.jpg

Reactions: jimmie staton
Help me decide!! I have brixton loafers in black, would like to get some princetowns for summer town between pink or the brown leather (beige looking)? Also do these fit similar to the brixtons or narrower? Thanks!

It depends on the width of your foot. I have very narrow feet and the fit is perfect in Brixton. Can't wear Princetown at all
as I kick right out of them. Normal to wde foot I would say go for your usual size for Princetown model.

♫♪♫ I'm Back In Love Again...♫♪♫ (remember that song from the eighties?) On eBay now going for $2980. PT, do we have an approx. year on this beautiful vintage? Seems it belongs in a Gucci museum to me. If I owned it, it would be behind glass and never, ever used.
View attachment 4448784 View attachment 4448785 View attachment 4448786
simply stunning bag... and I think the song you are referring to is by the group 'LTD' featuring the voice of Jeffrey Osborne
"J!m"

I bought several Gucci items while in Milan and had an account. While I was in the Gucci store in Chicago they couldn’t find my account.

Is there a way to track down my accounts and get them merged?

It could be that because Milan is in Europe and Chicago is in the US they don't 'talk yo each other'. I think different territories have different data banks. Gucci US is actually a different company although both owned by Gucci.

Would anyone know if I could order a strap for the Lady Web bag- I scored one at a great price second hand. It misses the fabric strap- hence the price. As I didn’t get it from the boutique would they decline to do this? I used to buy bags and shoes from them years ago but not recently so got no regular S.A. etc.. Thanks!

Reactions: AtlDesigner