Niche perfumes - any obsessions lately?

I checked out Ambra Aurea last February or January. It was too sweet for me, especially given that Profumum Roma fragrances are rather linear. I've heard people say it's like Ambre Sultan without the spices, and I've never been too taken by Ambre Sultan, either. I like the Profumum Roma line, though some of theirs are kind of odd.

Musc Ravageur is awesome. I didn't like I the first time I tried it, but several months later it clicked for me and I had to buy it. L'Eau d'Hiver is very nice, too. It lasts surprisingly long for how soft a scent that it is. It's one that's in the running with Noir Epices for purchase later this summer.
Thank you! Ambre Sultan was the very first perfume I tried from Serge Lutens and it had too much bay leaf in it for me.
I like the florals from Serge Lutens and own quite a few of them.

Thank you! Ambre Sultan was the very first perfume I tried from Serge Lutens and it had too much bay leaf in it for me.
I like the florals from Serge Lutens and own quite a few of them.
Yeah, I don't remember what it was with Ambre Sultan--it's been a long time since I tried it--but the spices weren't quite right for me. I've never tried any of the Serge Lutens florals. I'm not sure where I'd start other than La Fille de Berlin. I would also like to try Santal Majuscule.

Yeah, I don't remember what it was with Ambre Sultan--it's been a long time since I tried it--but the spices weren't quite right for me. I've never tried any of the Serge Lutens florals. I'm not sure where I'd start other than La Fille de Berlin. I would also like to try Santal Majuscule.
Santal Majuscule is on my 'to sample' list as well. I have Fleurs de Citronnier which is a lime blossom fragrance I wear only on extremely hot days mostly because of the musk in the base, which reminds me of freshly laundered linen. I know that may not sound great and some people complain about it, but I actually like it a lot in the summer.
La Fille de Berlin has a huge fan following and it's like a bunch of dark red roses, slightly jammy and deep, but I also like Sa Majeste la Rose which is an authentic rose perfume; reminds me of dewy pink roses with green leaves. It does get a bit cloying if oversprayed because of the honey note in it but applied with a light hand, it is a simply perfect rose.

A la Nuit is authentic jasmine but it gave me a headache from the sample. But lots of people love it. Fleurs d'Oranger is a very well made orange blossom perfume. It is definitely not light and airy and has cumin in it which elicits mixed feelings. I like it a lot but I have to be in the mood for it to wear it. Nevertheless, I would not part with this one.

Bas de Soie is a hyacinth and iris perfume, well-made but it is quite light compared to the other fragrances and did not last long on me. It is compared a lot of Chanel No. 19 but to me they are not that similar.
Un Lys, which I am wearing today is a lovely lily. It is actually quite a simple perfume but absolutely blooms on the skin and smells great. Unfortunately, it is available only in a bell jar. I am going to finish my sample but I have a feeling I will be adding it to my collection at some point. :lol:

My apologies for such a long post! I tend to get a bit carried away when talking about fragrances. :biggrin:

Note di Profumum Meraviglia

meraviglia.jpg

I was shown the Note di Profumum line at one of the Profumum Roma boutiques in Rome. I liked some of them, but I wasn't taking them too seriously because they are only sold in 100ml bottles, and that size is very large for me given the size of my collection. However, after smelling Meraviglia on paper, I was curious about it because it seemed similar to Portrait of a Lady. I decided to try it on, and I was sold after a few hours because it is awesome. It is, indeed, very similar to Portrait of a Lady, except on my skin, the drydown is much better. Longevity and sillage are stellar, as well, just like with Portrait of a Lady. And it has a much better price point.

Given that the Note di Profumum perfumes are very, very hard to find outside of Rome, and they are priced lower in Rome than at the handful of boutiques where they can be found outside of Rome (none of which are in the US), I decided I had to get it--along with two other perfumes from the Profumum Roma store.

A few days ago I finally caved and bought a 100mL bottle of Le Labo's AnOther 13 after many months of wanting it. I honestly think this is the best fragrance I've ever encounted. I've even been tempted to sell off my other fragrances and just use this one. But time will tell...

My latest are Sandal Noire Dior and Lady Carthusia
I think my next is going to be Rock Crystal by Olivier Durbano

Top notes: orange flower, pepper, coriander, cardamom, cumin
Middle notes: frankincense, olibanum, benzoin, myrrh, cistus
Base notes: sandalwood, cedar and vetiver, everlasting flower, oakmoss, musk

Attachments

• B3AB4B72-725A-4A76-9CAB-E4AA95217512.png
    B3AB4B72-725A-4A76-9CAB-E4AA95217512.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 71
I recently read a long article in Wall Street Journal's Fall Fashion magazine, in which Hedi Slimane talks to Chandler Burr about the new Haute Parfumerie fragrances that are going to be launched by Celine. There will be 11 perfumes, with nine to be released in the fall, and two coming in 2020.

They don't talk about the notes in these fragrances, but discuss the vision/concept behind most of these perfumes. If I can find the article online, I will post a link.

Reactions: Sheikha Latifa