Online Shopping or In Store which do you prefer

Definitely In-Store. Each time I’ve ordered online I chose the option to pick up at my home store if only to visit and chat and see if anything else catches my eye. As @HKsai mentioned, now that some of the online inventory is accessible to order by an SA, I find all reasons to shop at the store. The H website is wonderful resource though.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoggieBags
Actually, if the selection on the website was better, I'd prefer purchasing all my bags online and go to the store for the rest. Unfortunately, this is not the case for the European shop as compared to e.g. the US website.

My SA only works on Tuesdays and Thursdays and due to my work schedule, I usually only make it to the city centre on Saturdays. Hence, going to the boutique during the week requires some planning and shifting of meetings and I've often had to delay my visit to the store as urgent meetings come up on the last minute.
To me, visiting H is stressful, as the commute to the main shopping street is stressful (our office moved basically from being around the corner from H to a couple of kilometers away) and since our city is always extremely crowded with tourists and people from the nearby rural communities. Of course I still prefer touching things and getting inspired, which is why I still try to make it to the store at least once or twice a month, but my office has a post office and I can get everything delivered there.
In addition, since my SA is hardly ever in the store, she either misses out on deliveries or the store only receives negligible stock or stock of products I am not interested in. For that reason, I purchase bags online when I see them popping up, as I know chances are close to zero that I will ever get to touch or see them live at my local H.

For shoes, jewelry, SLGs etc. I am much more patient and the store will transfer products in if needed which is something they won't do for bags (I am not speaking of B/K/C).

Most of my shopping for other things is done online, including groceries. I live hundreds of miles from a store so all of my H purchases have been made from the website and I haven’t had any problems with colours being different from expected.

I doubt I’ll ever be in the market for a b/k/c (although I am very attracted to the Birkin style) but it would be lovely if my online purchases “counted” in some way towards my eligibility to get one!

In store if possible but I do not like fighting heavy traffic to get to the brick and mortar so I mainly order online. For clothing items it is necessary to shop the store because I have to try everything on.

In theory in store is ideal because you can look at things, try it on, get the opinion of a SA.... but in reality my local boutique (15 mins from my house) has inconsistent service. There’s one or two very nice sales associates but most seem to get agitated d if you take longer than a few minutes to consider a purchase. I think they are accustomed to a very high volume of sales and don’t want to indulge the thoughtful, more cautious shoppers who don’t make a purchase every time or need more than a few minutes to look at an item.

Because of this, I prefer online. I actually quite enjoy waiting for the delivery truck and opening my box in private, trying the bag in the mirror without impatient eyes on me, and deciding in the comfort of my own space if the purchase is right for me. I’ve bought 2 Evelynes this way and while it doesn’t help to create a profile with a SA, I’m also not too likely to ever purchase a Birkin or a Kelly so it doesn’t entirely matter.

For shoes, jewelry, SLGs etc. I am much more patient and the store will transfer products in if needed which is something they won't do for bags (I am not speaking of B/K/C).[/QUOTE]
I find most of the time after my SA does a search for an item(s) for me, she tells me a few days later that the store that had the item refused to release it. I’ve had almost no luck getting scarves and SLGs transferred in and i’ve never tried getting bags, shoes, jewelry, etc. transferred in. Having said that, I haven’t made very many requests for transfers because my local H does have a very good range of things that do interest me so my in store visits are always fun and interesting.

For shoes, jewelry, SLGs etc. I am much more patient and the store will transfer products in if needed which is something they won't do for bags (I am not speaking of B/K/C).
I find most of the time after my SA does a search for an item(s) for me, she tells me a few days later that the store that had the item refused to release it. I’ve had almost no luck getting scarves and SLGs transferred in and i’ve never tried getting bags, shoes, jewelry, etc. transferred in. Having said that, I haven’t made very many requests for transfers because my local H does have a very good range of things that do interest me so my in store visits are always fun and interesting.[/QUOTE]

I understood the OP to mean transfers from the online store. I often ask my SA to do that for me if she doesn't have what I saw online -- she gets credit, I don't have to wait to sign for the package, and I get to try it before I pay.

In store. Especially now that they can get items from the online inventory as well. Unless it is very special items that could be hard to find in store (specific rodeos). I also love chatting with my SA and building a relationship for quota bag is a nice bonus.
May I ask what categories a SA can request to transfer from online?