Large or OS Muse

SBellefromSC

May 23, 2007
HI yall while I realize this question has been asked a gazillion times ( yes I did a search) and I know it a matter of personal preference.. I am trying to decide between the L or OS Muse.. I am 5'3'' but wear 4 to 5 inch heels every day and I love big bags.. I have the original deer skin YSL downtown and I love it.

But I have been stalking the websites and returns to try to get an OS on sale and no luck. I have found a Large on sale ( not the great price NM and BG have them at but still less then retail)

I just cant decide.. anyone got any advice or experince or should I just wait and save up and buy one of the new fall ones full price in the OS.

I love my Oversize Muse, and it really sounds like that's the size for you, too. :yes: Personally, I prefer the longer, more vertical look of the Oversize, rather than the shorter, wider Large size.

That said, the Oversize is a large tote bag, not a handbag, and some tPFers have found its too big for their personal taste. Fyi, I'm about 5' 4" and wear 3" heels most days, and I've had my Muse about a year.

I think you should try to hold on and get what your really want. Good luck!

oh and looking at the measurements is it really only one inch taller and one inch deeper and thats it...

Beware, those Muse measurements on the dept. store websites are notoriously incorrect!

Here's a pic from Goldensx5, showing her two Large Muses next to her Oversize Muse.

The Large and Oversize are basically the same width at the base. But the Oversize is a good 3-4" taller than the Large. Trust me, I've seen them many times in person.

attachment.php

***Check out the "YSL Photo Resource" thread at the top of this subforum to see pics of other members' Muses, including modeling pics. Perhaps that will help you decide.

Attachments

• Goldensx5 Muses--two Large, one Oversize.jpg
    Goldensx5 Muses--two Large, one Oversize.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 193
I am about your height, and I am still looking for a good deal of this bag...but I guess large should be good enough for daily wear. I wonder if OS is way to big for you to carry and walk with 4" heels? :yes:

nope pretty sure the OS will be for me..I have always liked the big bags.. in fact I also want a Large Downtown.. that black patent is gorgeous.. I think this settles it.. OS Muse for me and a Large Downtown.. start saving now. LOL

Is anyone is interested in the number for the Large Muse pm me but it was $899.