Would you buy an LV that has been on display?

I just checked my date codes on the display I took home today it was made the 20th week of 2019 so I don't think it was there too long since it came from France. I think popular bags don't spend too much time being touched in store.

My biggest concern about display items is how many hours it has spent sitting under/over a display light...I've handled a few display bags that felt a bit too warm for my liking, I'd be slightly concerned about the canvas integrity.

With that said, if upon inspection nothing is wrong with it, and it's a hard to find item that I wouldn't be able to get my hands on otherwise, I wouldn't mind purchasing a display item.
Canvas integrity? No.

Reactions: DB8
I have a feeling that they rotate items in and out of display kinda like Hermès. I wouldn’t mind because there’s a chance that the item in the back had been on display before.

Canvas integrity? No.
Heat can degrade certain materials over time. I haven’t tested the canvas or know enough to be sure; I’m just pointing out something that is not completely impossible as a scientist. You can disagree, that’s fine. I’m not a particularly picky person when it comes to my bags. I have brought home bags with less than perfect zippers, display items, and things that many people here would call “defects”. :smile:

Heat can degrade certain materials over time. I haven’t tested the canvas or know enough to be sure; I’m just pointing out something that is not completely impossible as a scientist. You can disagree, that’s fine. I’m not a particularly picky person when it comes to my bags. I have brought home bags with less than perfect zippers, display items, and things that many people here would call “defects”. :smile:
I am the king of leaving my LV out in the extreme heat, boy can the canvas can flex 90 degrees when hot! But I haven't dared to flex them though. :P

When I bought my very first LV handbag nearly 30 years ago at London Sloane street boutique, the SA gave the display one from the shelf and I only thoroughly checked it when back to my hotel which was an hour journey by tube. To my horror, part of the strap was showing obvious wear and tear which meant this bag had been on the shelf for long time with many customers trying it on frequently. I had to take it back for refund the next morning cos I got a flight to catch that same night and that put me off buying luxury handbags for many years.

• Sad
Reactions: Penelopepursula