How long did first wish list item take?

On that note (didn’t find it in the relationship thread) - whilst I’m waiting for the first wish list item, what’s the sensible break between purchases? I got close to a B/K worth of spend in 2 stores ( I wanted/needed the items not trying to get B/K) and currently don’t need anything (have a wish list but keen to enjoy what I got). Wouldn’t though want the spend to “reset” if I’m not there for eg 6 months. Any thoughts guys? I’ve been told to be patient and of course I am but keen to understand your experience

I do not think so. Start one! I think have done enough buying for a bit. I have gotten a fair amount by my standards this year. It’s probably not much by H standards (a bag, some SLGs, a few ties, a scarf, a CGSM) but I will just wait it out.
Knowing spendings at other stores may not necessarily help. Some stores sell to tourists and the wait for a noir Kelly 25/28 can be none-existent (but don't expect to cut a deal on other spending). Other stores have so many locals competing for a neutral color the wait can be months if not longer. Try your best to know what people have done in YOUR boutique for a similar offer (hopefully in the near past). This will give you a really good idea of what you need to do. But - always - do what you are comfortable with.

Ugh, I have a unicorn story. ( My SA is no longer with H, its been very upsetting.) My friend introduced me to her SA, I made a purchase and I causally mentioned I am looking for a Malachite B35. My friend called me that night to tell me her SA called her to let her know they have the bag and I can come pick it up the next day!! :love:

Long time ago, when I was new to H, I bought some bags that I liked (not B or K or C). One day, the naive me, got really curious and asked my S.A. the question: "if I wanted to buy a Birkin, what do I need to do?" She smiled and said: "You can just tell me what you like and we will order it (so) for you. It is for X amount. You will pay today the full amount and you will collect it within six to twelve months. We will call you when it's ready." I was not ready at that time. So I told myself that it was a pretty easy and straight-forward process. I thanked her and walked out the door. Ay-yay-yay! Years later, when I was ready, I had hell of a hard time getting one. I didn't maintain the relationship with that SA (didn't know before that having a good SA made a big difference!), and she also thru the years found a lot of other clients. Anyway, had to start all over again. Found a new SA, cultivated that relationship..and got a highly-coveted B less than four months later (of course after some purchases of the other things I like too and some polite follow-up). To those that are starting their H journey and waiting for their first highly-coveted item, good luck. Patience is a virtue. Purchases and politeness get you somewhere. And indeed, orange is a happy color :smile:

Reactions: fdc and hokatie
i am new to the world of H and just put in my wish list item (a K28 in a neutral colour textured leather but open to different leathers). I am curious how long the wait will be. I am expecting about two years but wondering what your experience has been in terms of length.
My very first wish list item took about 2-3 months. It was a B35 Etoupe in Togo Leather with PHW. May have taken long had it been a different spec or style.

Reactions: hokatie and CMilly
On that note (didn’t find it in the relationship thread) - whilst I’m waiting for the first wish list item, what’s the sensible break between purchases? I got close to a B/K worth of spend in 2 stores ( I wanted/needed the items not trying to get B/K) and currently don’t need anything (have a wish list but keen to enjoy what I got). Wouldn’t though want the spend to “reset” if I’m not there for eg 6 months. Any thoughts guys? I’ve been told to be patient and of course I am but keen to understand your experience
Ask the stores directly if they "reset" your history - mine certainly doesn't. I like to make small purchases here and there though.

Took me 8 months to get a noir Kelly 28 retourne. Also a TON of purchases. I decided to leave this SA (even though she was very nice) because I just felt like that store had crazy high pre-spends before getting a bag. I have since found a SA whom I absolutely adore and have such a wonderful relationship with. Since then, have been offered 2 bags per season (DH has an account too)... and with about 1/3 or the “spending” depending on how coveted the bag is (i.e. anything 25 requires some more spending..but not unreasonable).. I also find that if you just leave it and “hope” your Sa thinks of you, it may not happen. Stop by frequently to chat and say hi. I really do believe “out of sight out of mind” .. at least until you have established a great relationship

Reactions: fdc and DR2014
Took me about 2 months to get my first K after establishing the purchase history. it was not the color on my wish list but I still took it anyways. I guess getting a good and straightforward SA is really important... Cuz I don't have to just wait but also get recommended to options I haven't thought of.

Reactions: fdc
Ask the stores directly if they "reset" your history - mine certainly doesn't. I like to make small purchases here and there though.
As a newbie, I have no clarity whether I can buy other things from him (eg scarfs or enamel bracelets). On the recent occasion he didn’t feel particularly excited for me buying a bracelet ( unlike a wallet lol). So I probably could buy these items more often. Handbags - not really, I have 20+ designer bags and new colour of Evie won’t make me happy, just bought etoupe one and need to give myself time to enjoy

Reactions: CMilly
As a newbie, I have no clarity whether I can buy other things from him (eg scarfs or enamel bracelets). On the recent occasion he didn’t feel particularly excited for me buying a bracelet ( unlike a wallet lol). So I probably could buy these items more often. Handbags - not really, I have 20+ designer bags and new colour of Evie won’t make me happy, just bought etoupe one and need to give myself time to enjoy
You should always buy only what you love! But if you are looking to speed up your K or B.. buying in RTW, Homegoods, Shoes, and Fine Jewelry will likely do it. There is no commission on leather goods or any jewelry that is not fine jewelry.

Again, you should only always buy what you actually love! If you are not in a hurry just keep doing what you are doing and become friendly with you SA. That way he/she will think of you when your wishlist item come in.

You should always buy only what you love! But if you are looking to speed up your K or B.. buying in RTW, Homegoods, Shoes, and Fine Jewelry will likely do it. There is no commission on leather goods or any jewelry that is not fine jewelry.

Again, you should only always buy what you actually love! If you are not in a hurry just keep doing what you are doing and become friendly with you SA. That way he/she will think of you when your wishlist item come in.

Absolutely! I don’t think I’m in position to buy RTW or shoes (shoe size 12US, clothes 14US so until I get back to my old size, no point in dropping such money). I’m pretty relaxed, especially after chatting to one of the experienced TPF members however just wouldn’t want to reset what I spent - hope it makes sense. Have a wish list of bits and pieces outside K/B but if I buy them all quickly it won’t be fun and nothing to look for lol.

I’m confused, so if I’m hoping to get my birkin/kelly I shouldn’t be buying as much leather bracelets and clic clacs? I have bought a jige, garden party, and oran sandals as well. However, lately I have been just buying bracelets. I definitely do not want to buy more if it won’t help me in securing a bag.

Last edited: