Chanel Urban Spirit Backpack

Following!

I’ve been looking at the wear on urban spirits via fashionphile. It looks like creasing on calfskin is more prominent/noticeable on calfskin. I haven’t seen it in person yet so I’m just judging through photos so I could be wrong.

I’m still debating between small in either lambskin vs calfskin!

I have the Urban Spirit backpack, calfskin, purchased about three years ago. It has been my work horse bag, carry it about four days a week. I have taken this bag on many trips etc... The flap creases where the chain is attached at the top and the body of the bag gets a few creases toward the bottom. This is a slouchy bag so the creases do not bother me, there is absolutely no way this bag would not crease, just how it is constructed. I really do love the bag and I plan to purchase another in the couple years. This bag has held up magnificently. The leather really looks great, no scratches or corner wear. The only signs of wear is on the chain, the silver HW has changed, not in a terrible way, but not the same as when I purchased it.

I have the small in calfskin and I have not had any creasing at all so far. I use a Samorga organiser to help keep the structure so that may be why I haven't experienced creasing. I bought mine Fall/Winter 2018 and the calf is really thick, structured and durable. I don't baby it at all but the calf does attract a few marks when I take it out but they wipe away with leather cleaner and the bag still looks brand new.

Reactions: nattyt145
I have a lambskin USB in mini size. There are creases at the pressure points (near the clasp and at the bottom) but it’s not enough to bother me. I love the feel of lamb skin but would prob have opted for calfskin if both were available (mine is 19P which only came in lamb)

I have a lambskin USB in mini size. There are creases at the pressure points (near the clasp and at the bottom) but it’s not enough to bother me. I love the feel of lamb skin but would prob have opted for calfskin if both were available (mine is 19P which only came in lamb)
Thanks! You just got it recently and are seeing some creases already? Do you have an organizer in it?

The interior has a black fabric lining so I don’t have to worry about scratching the interior with my keys. It also fits quite a lot! It’s perfect for an iPad mini. I also have a business affinity backpack and will try to compare the two later

View attachment 4187206
View attachment 4187207
View attachment 4187208
View attachment 4187209
View attachment 4187210

Hi!

I’m thinking of buying the urban spirit or affinity backpack...would you be able to show a side by side pic of the two? You mentioned above you have both of these...and which one do u prefer?? Thx in advance!

hello Ladies,
I am lately eyeing Chanel Urban Spirit size small or large, I am consider the purchase but Need your help as experts. What are some pros and cons about this bag, ex: leather wear, use, open and close, comfort on the shoulders with thin straps and if you run with it, does it flop? Thank you for your precious time.

My Urban Spirit backpack has been my most used bag since I purchased it about 3 or perhaps 4 years ago. I have the large size and it allows me to take all my daily essentials easily. The leather looks perfect with the exception of the top flap as it kind of folds as you carry it, no way around this happening, it is the construction of the bag. That fold doesn’t really bother me as this is a slouchy bag. I would not really run with it as it would bounce around but it is quite comfortable on your back running (walking lol!) errands etc. My only complaint is the hardware does start to show wear, it almost looks rainbow like in the light....it doesn’t really deter me from wanting to buy another one but I would have liked it to stay completely silver like when the bag was purchased. I do want to buy another in the next couple years, I want a camera bag first.

Reactions: Shoppingalways
I have this bag in the small size in black calfskin. Its so practical for everyday and mine still looks new. The calf hasn't creased at all and the Bottom of the bag hasn't sagged but I do use a base shaper from Samorga to prevent this. It fits a really good amount - I was really surprised how much the small fits as I was thinking of getting the large. I would factor in your body shape as I am tall so I thought the large would be better but I'm on the slim side so the small worked better with my proportions. I also tried the mini and it looked far to small on me!

My Urban Spirit backpack has been my most used bag since I purchased it about 3 or perhaps 4 years ago. I have the large size and it allows me to take all my daily essentials easily. The leather looks perfect with the exception of the top flap as it kind of folds as you carry it, no way around this happening, it is the construction of the bag. That fold doesn’t really bother me as this is a slouchy bag. I would not really run with it as it would bounce around but it is quite comfortable on your back running (walking lol!) errands etc. My only complaint is the hardware does start to show wear, it almost looks rainbow like in the light....it doesn’t really deter me from wanting to buy another one but I would have liked it to stay completely silver like when the bag was purchased. I do want to buy another in the next couple years, I want a camera bag first.
Thank you so much for the feedback, I appreciate the time you took to write it. And was also considering camera bag.

I have this bag in the small size in black calfskin. Its so practical for everyday and mine still looks new. The calf hasn't creased at all and the Bottom of the bag hasn't sagged but I do use a base shaper from Samorga to prevent this. It fits a really good amount - I was really surprised how much the small fits as I was thinking of getting the large. I would factor in your body shape as I am tall so I thought the large would be better but I'm on the slim side so the small worked better with my proportions. I also tried the mini and it looked far to small on me!
I also am contemplating on the calfskin leather, thank you for the feedback!

View attachment 3883824 I have been wanting this bag forever but I originally wanted the quilted but it was a hard one to get I ordered this one and I have it and I’m not sure about it ( this picture is from the sales person) what’s your thought on the combination ?? And mine have the same flaws this one in this picture have so the leather is pretty soft and gets a little wear to it
Beautiful combination, I also wanted this but sell really fast, quality wise they all will wear fast, calf or lamb. I have calf large. Even metal where the buckle is already changed color.