Hermes Kelly, Need help

Feb 25, 2009
hi All

Does anyone know if this is normal for a brand new kelly from boutique?

The turn lock is a bit slanted

Attachments

• ECC838F4-998B-4D1E-85E8-3C1DD606E106.jpeg
    ECC838F4-998B-4D1E-85E8-3C1DD606E106.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 620
  • 1654E788-87EC-4EB2-B6A0-9D8C05A83A3B.jpeg
    1654E788-87EC-4EB2-B6A0-9D8C05A83A3B.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 616
Sorry :amazed: Its unusual if the “flaw” can be seen with naked eyes.

I think it’s fairly easy to realign the “plate”? The question is whether they will send it to Beverly Hill / SF or Pairs for the repair and most likely free of charge.

hi All

Does anyone know if this is normal for a brand new kelly from boutique?

The turn lock is a bit slanted

Reactions: papertiger
Will that show a dent if they realign?
I am not too sure if the plate after realignment will cover up the “dent” if there are any deep dents, the plate was just little bit slanted off the center. Are you near BH / SF boutiques? I suggest you visit the one of the boutique and ask to show it to the craftsman in person for faster answers. Best to call first for an appointment. I think you still need to bring it back to your home store to complete the repair process. Good luck dear :hugs:

I am not too sure if the plate after realignment will cover up the “dent” if there are any deep dents, the plate was just little bit slanted off the center. Are you near BH / SF boutiques? I suggest you visit the one of the boutique and ask to show it to the craftsman in person for faster answers. Best to call first for an appointment. I think you still need to bring it back to your home store to complete the repair process. Good luck dear :hugs:

Taking it to my SA that sold it to me and the store I bought it. Just nerve racked on what they might say. My bag should be pristine really for the amount I paid for it. Thanks for the advice!

Taking it to my SA that sold it to me and the store I bought it. Just nerve racked on what they might say. My bag should be pristine really for the amount I paid for it. Thanks for the advice!
I had a similar thing before too with my black bolide (the center patch got misaligned) and they did give me a new one after checking. So it definitely worth checking with them again. Good luck!

Reactions: Hermes Zen
Had the same problem with my GM B35. Brought it back to the store and got a new one 3 weeks later.

Here is a pic:

Attachments

• C24D0CC1-48DC-439B-B145-72858818A33E.jpeg
    C24D0CC1-48DC-439B-B145-72858818A33E.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 355
QC used to be very much higher. This and many other examples of bags I have seen or been offered is now why I do spend some time checking before purchase, when before I wouldn't. I would mention especially the recent Special Orders, the Kelly handles and also eg the pore distribution for Ostrich bags. Some might think I am nit-picking but one has to realise that alas standards have indeed dropped. I don't mean checking every stitch alignment but I would expect hardware to all match. :confused1: That kind of thing. :sad: