Need help identifying if this is a defect!

Kdugan1

May 21, 2019
hi everyone!

See photos. I noticed something that looks like a defect on my neverfull that I should’ve seen when I first bought it (somehow I missed it—it’s quite evident.) Its on the back of the bag so maybe that’s why. Its been in its dust bag since I bought it and only when I pulled it out for my Vegas trip did I notice it. I took it to the store and it’s been taken in for analysis but I want to hear your opinions.

At first I thought it was ink, or gum maybe, but after relentless scrubbing, it looks like it’s sewed into the canvas. Hard to tell in the photos but I guess there’s really no way to tell unless I have an expert in the store look at it. Hopefully it doesn’t cost much to repair if they’re even able to. Hopefully it’ll get replaced if it’s actually a defect. I’m thinking of 1000 ways I could’ve ruined it..I honestly don’t know how this would’ve happened.

The girl at the store had the nerve to tell me it was a cigarette burn which was a little offensive. I take care of all my luxury items and besides this the bag is in pristine condition.

Attachments

• 4C4BBA1E-3BF1-4470-A9DC-B760C61A0E25.jpeg
    4C4BBA1E-3BF1-4470-A9DC-B760C61A0E25.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 54F0E44F-052D-46B3-AA53-5E9E1CDA9E15.jpeg
    54F0E44F-052D-46B3-AA53-5E9E1CDA9E15.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 322
  • E4052027-46FF-45C8-A744-8354144F2B28.jpeg
    E4052027-46FF-45C8-A744-8354144F2B28.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 311
How long have you had it?
To me, it looks like you rubbed up against something that scratched it/ rubbed off the color. If they deem wear & tear, sadly, they can not repair canvas, but since it is on just one side (and pretty small), it doesnt really ruin the bag at all.

Reactions: DAMER
How long have you had it?
To me, it looks like you rubbed up against something that scratched it/ rubbed off the color. If they deem wear & tear, sadly, they can not repair canvas, but since it is on just one side (and pretty small), it doesnt really ruin the bag at all.
I've had it for over a year! But the entire time I've had it it's been in it's dust bag, only used for special occasions. The only time I ever use it is for travelling really, and when my husband and I went to Vegas I noticed it as it hung on my suitcase :sad: That could be a possibility, but everyone I've asked that's seen it in person says it looks like its in the canvas. I'm leaning more towards its my fault though, something like this is definitely hard to miss quality wise. UGH!

= I noticed something that looks like a defect on my neverfull that I should’ve seen when I first bought it (somehow I missed it—it’s quite evident.) Its on the back of the bag so maybe that’s why. Its been in its dust bag since I bought it and.

Except you did use it several times.

This was sold new at LV, correct? Then there's no way it had that mark on it when it was sold to you. Not remotely plausible. This leaves only the reality that you somehow incurred the damage.

Do keep us posted.

This was sold new at LV, correct? Then there's no way it had that mark on it when it was sold to you. Not remotely plausible. This leaves only the reality of, incurred by your usage.

Please keep us posted.
UGH I believe you!! I bought this at an LV store near me. I am hoping that it can be repaired at this point if not a defect :/

UGH I believe you!! I bought this at an LV store near me. I am hoping that it can be repaired at this point if not a defect :/
LV wont repair canvas, but you may find some threads here on ways to "hide" the flaw, like leather paint or a colored sharpie? Personally, I would just leave it.

Last edited:
Definitely not a “defective”. That word is thrown around so easily on this forum without people knowing what it actually means...

This reminded me of the thread one user posted regarding her DA croisette, after her friends blew hot coals onto her bag and it left burn marks similar to this on the canvas.

I agree with other posters. This does not look like a defect. It looks like the bag has been damaged.
Canvas cannot be repaired so I am not sure what Louis Vuitton will tell you.
Keep us updated.

If the canvas can't be repaired, I'm thinking I'll probably just sell this one. It'll bother me too much that it's there. I'm sad! I love this bag! I wish I knew what caused this. Should probably not throw the word "defect" around loosely lol, but I genuinely thought that's what it was. In person it really did look like it was a part of the bag. Since it was in the back and I didn't inspect it as closely as I should have, I also was very excited when I first got it, I wouldn't have put it past myself to miss it when I first got it. But who knows at this point. Will just have to hear what they say.

If the canvas can't be repaired, I'm thinking I'll probably just sell this one. It'll bother me too much that it's there. I'm sad! I love this bag! I wish I knew what caused this. Should probably not throw the word "defect" around loosely lol, but I genuinely thought that's what it was. In person it really did look like it was a part of the bag. Since it was in the back and I didn't inspect it as closely as I should have, I also was very excited when I first got it, I wouldn't have put it past myself to miss it when I first got it. But who knows at this point. Will just have to hear what they say.
You mentioned “relentless scrubbing” I think that’s what’s made it look like this. You’ve taken the finish off.

I have a speedy 25b that was purchased in Rome. After 2 months of use, I noticed something similar, but my mark was smaller than yours. It looked like a bit of the color had rubbed off on mine, as it does appear on yours. I didn’t take it back to theLV store, as this particular bag had special meaning of where and when I purchased it. I use it and enjoy it. Bags are meant to be enjoyed. If they do not exchange it for you, just think of it as “character” for the bag. If you sell it and then repurchase it, something else may happen to your new one.

Reactions: karman