ENGAGEMENT RINGS! What does yours look like?

For our first anniversary my husband upgraded the stone on my ring. I’m in school for jewelry so I picked an E color VVS1 clarity 2.3 ct radiant cut moissanite. I chose it because it has a refractive index high than diamonds, which means it has more brilliance than a diamond and it’s a fraction of the cost. It’s also hard to tell the difference with an untrained eye. It’s also hard to tell the difference with an untrained eye.

Attachments

• BB0840A8-F8B1-4C0F-B6E4-DA920DDBD77D.jpeg
    BB0840A8-F8B1-4C0F-B6E4-DA920DDBD77D.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 1,620
For our first anniversary my husband upgraded the stone on my ring. I’m in school for jewelry so I picked an E color VVS1 clarity 2.3 ct radiant cut moissanite. I chose it because it has a refractive index high than diamonds, which means it has more brilliance than a diamond and it’s a fraction of the cost. It’s also hard to tell the difference with an untrained eye. It’s also hard to tell the difference with an untrained eye.
Lovely ring! I'm actually quite curious about moissanites because the pictures always look nice on Instagram with the indoor lighting etc. so I have always wondered if they look as close to diamonds under natural light [emoji848]

Lovely ring! I'm actually quite curious about moissanites because the pictures always look nice on Instagram with the indoor lighting etc. so I have always wondered if they look as close to diamonds under natural light [emoji848]
Thank you!! They look pretty close, I can tell the difference because I’ve spent the last year studying diamonds. Moissanites have more of those rainbow flashes, and diamonds have more white flashes when they sparkle. They are a lot more sparkly which is noticeable but most people just assume that it’s a very well cut diamond, not that it’s not a diamond.

Thank you!! They look pretty close, I can tell the difference because I’ve spent the last year studying diamonds. Moissanites have more of those rainbow flashes, and diamonds have more white flashes when they sparkle. They are a lot more sparkly which is noticeable but most people just assume that it’s a very well cut diamond, not that it’s not a diamond.
Thanks for sharing! Some pictures I've seen of moissanites look a tad whitish in sunlight, similar to what I've noticed for diamond simulants and very few shops where I am sell moissanites so I've not seen one in person [emoji28]

Thanks for sharing! Some pictures I've seen of moissanites look a tad whitish in sunlight, similar to what I've noticed for diamond simulants and very few shops where I am sell moissanites so I've not seen one in person [emoji28]
I purchased mine online sight unseen and I was very happy when I received it. I’d highly recommend the Etsy shop I purchased mine from. They’re prices are great and the stone is a great quality stone. They’re called hirogemsjewels. Then my jeweler who made the ring swapped out the stones.

I purchased mine online sight unseen and I was very happy when I received it. I’d highly recommend the Etsy shop I purchased mine from. They’re prices are great and the stone is a great quality stone. They’re called hirogemsjewels. Then my jeweler who made the ring swapped out the stones.
Thanks, their prices are indeed reasonable! I've been looking at the rings offered by true gem company and their prices are much higher so I've been hesitant as I want a ring which I can travel with while my engagement ring stays in safe lol...

Thanks for letting me share, everyone! Recently started falling in love with my ring again-- I've been preoccupied. Center stone: 2.01 carat, E color, GIA certified cushion cut. And the last one is a pic with my ring alongside family heirlooms! Every woman on my mom's side of the family has a ring that was passed down to them for a few generations. They then pass it down to their children. But since three of my aunts never had any children, they are all passing their rings down to me :smile: I love that each one is so unique! Just like my aunts.
upload_2019-5-21_17-41-2.pngupload_2019-5-21_17-41-20.pngupload_2019-5-21_17-43-37.png

Thanks for letting me share, everyone! Recently started falling in love with my ring again-- I've been preoccupied. Center stone: 2.01 carat, E color, GIA certified cushion cut. And the last one is a pic with my ring alongside family heirlooms! Every woman on my mom's side of the family has a ring that was passed down to them for a few generations. They then pass it down to their children. But since three of my aunts never had any children, they are all passing their rings down to me :smile: I love that each one is so unique! Just like my aunts.
View attachment 4439957View attachment 4439958View attachment 4439960
Congratulations! Beautiful collection! And most probably very nice family altogether and lots of love. As to the rings, I believe that "less is more" and each ring deserves to be worn individually. Only my opinion. And YOUR OWN RING is TO DIE FOR:smile:)))) Amazing!

View attachment 4439957View attachment 4439958View attachment 4439960
Your collection is stunning! I love antique rings, especially those from the Edwardian and Art Deco eras. I love how rings are a piece of tangible history.

All the rings are beautiful and attractive. You are lucky one that all the rings are passed down to you and these are really great feeling to have family legacy rings in your hand.

Yes, thank you! I feel very fortunate. I love that they are all pretty uniquely designed. My uncle has two daughters and they each also got a few of our grandmother's rings.

Congratulations! Beautiful collection! And most probably very nice family altogether and lots of love. As to the rings, I believe that "less is more" and each ring deserves to be worn individually. Only my opinion. And YOUR OWN RING is TO DIE FOR:smile:)))) Amazing!

Yes, agreed! I think they are stunning as statement pieces by themselves. And thank you!

Your collection is stunning! I love antique rings, especially those from the Edwardian and Art Deco eras. I love how rings are a piece of tangible history.

Thank you! :smile: I agree. You can actually tell these are very old rings, which is so fascinating to me. Another cool little backstory: They once had to be smuggled out of Nazi occupied France. I cant remember which rings exactly, but a few were sewn onto the children's clothes as they left the country to live with relatives abroad.

Beautiful! I love Moissanite, for the reasons you cite. I am waiting on a nice new very whit Moissy from a great Etsy seller (but I'm sure you get much better pricers!), Plus I have a large (10+ ct ) dark grey RB Moissy with a cushion halo, done in diamonds, and platinum. So much fun!

I bought one way back when they first came out, they only came in RB cut and the color was not that great, some had a greenish tinge. Mine looked ok, but now they can make them in all colors and cuts, and the whites are much whiter. So I gave my aunt my old one and am waiting for my new one. I'll have to visit your mentioned etsy shop - I used another one, I should see how their prices compare.