Saint Laurent YSL Niki Bag

So for those of you who own or have owned this bag, is there a "pull" on the flap where it snaps to the pocket when you're carrying it? I like this bag but noticed the "pull" when I saw a woman carrying this bag at the airport.

So for those of you who own or have owned this bag, is there a "pull" on the flap where it snaps to the pocket when you're carrying it? I like this bag but noticed the "pull" when I saw a woman carrying this bag at the airport.

There is if the bag isn't well balanced with something heavy (like water bottle) or just has something heavy in general. I have the large size and use it to carry my laptop sometimes and it definitely pulls then. It doesn't when I have just my daily essentials.

Having said that, it's a great bag. I always get compliments on it, even recently at my local Hermes where my sa admired it and said that the style is "so very you!". Lol not sure what that means.

There is if the bag isn't well balanced with something heavy (like water bottle) or just has something heavy in general. I have the large size and use it to carry my laptop sometimes and it definitely pulls then. It doesn't when I have just my daily essentials.

Having said that, it's a great bag. I always get compliments on it, even recently at my local Hermes where my sa admired it and said that the style is "so very you!". Lol not sure what that means.
Thanks so much for your reply - very helpful. I love the look of the bag and think it could be very "me" too ;)

Reactions: grnbri
It does pull, but it doesn't bother me and I don't think it takes away from the look of the bag, since it's slouchy and casual. If it were more structured and did that I think it would look funny.

If I over load my bag I do notice it. If you carry what fits comfortably in it, I doesn’t pull. Either way I really love the bag!

View attachment 4435963

I got my black/black Niki bag earlier this week and love it. Such a fun blend- like a Chanel flap (which was always too formal for me) and an edgy Bal. I find it to be so light and spacious!
Congratulations! I have this exact one too! It looks great on you. I agree, it is less formal and lighter than my Chanel Jumbo. Totally reminds me of my Bals -the older leather-which is probably why I got it:smile:

I ordered the medium black on black but have since tried on the large and like it. Now I can't decide which size. The only color for me is black on black, the sales associate at SL boutique said large doesn't come with black hardware but My Theresa shows one. Can anyone confirm it's available outside the US? TIA!