HH Nico XX too casual for work??

Dec 3, 2006
I work in a pretty conservative environment (engineer at a major corporation) and now I'm wondering whether my brand spanking new HH Nico in Ink is too casual for my job? I am leaning toward yes, but then I think...I work with a bunch of engineers that have zero fashion sense, they don't know the first thing about purses! I really wanted this bag to work during the day (great size to haul my necessities plus lunch and water bottle) as well as into the weekend. I am not one to change out bags with every outfit. What to do??

You answered your own question. :smile: They have "zero fashion sense" and you obviously have what they are lacking. Wow 'em! And seriously - do you care what they think other than "man, she's got a beautiful bag!"

I work in a federal courthouse this summer and when I wear my tan suits, I bring my HH Nomade hobo. I think the Nico is more conservative than the Nomade, so as far as I'm concerned, rock it!

i hear you... i work with alot of people for whom appearance is not on the radar at all (different colored socks, muumuus, tapered & cuffed pants on men...i wish i was kidding ;) ) and sometimes i cringe at the attention i think i am getting with what i wear, but you gotta do what makes you happy, and i know a Nico in Ink would make me very, very happy on my walk to work :smile: it's definitely not too 'out there' i don't think - the shape is very simple and there aren't a ton of studs/tassels...

i say go for it!

I think you can pretty much use any bag for work. Unless you're meeting with clients and/or in the public eye with your bag, then I don't see how any bag can be too casual for work. You end up putting your bag down - either in your desk drawer, the floor underneath your desk, locked up in a locker, etc (all depending on where you work), so I don't see how a bag you carry to and from work can be too casual.

Unless you carry your purse around the office/workplace all day long, then you can carry anything you want!

Just wear it!
I was an engineer before moving to US and become a fulltime supermom (tougher then being an engineer that's for sure) and yeah..most of my colleagues do have a zero fashion sense...but then I was the only female in my dept so...:smile:I just wear whatever I feel like it..after all we are in the development stage thus no need to impress any clients except my boss and other dept we support..
I was one of the few who uses a handbag to work and not wear snickers, jeans and t-shirt EVERY SINGLE DAY!:P

Okay so an incident today at the office just totally confirmed what you all said...Friday is "casual" day, so I was wearing a black french cuff dress shirt, black fitted bermudas, a patent red leather belt, and killer black patent heels...and this guy has the nerve to say to me, "shorts at the office?" This from a guy wearing tapered leg jeans and a golf shirt! Ick! So the Nico will making the trip on Monday and the heck with them.

PS - anitalila, I ssssoooo believe you that supermom is way harder than engineering...I can barely take care of my pug puppy. :P