They Don't Call Me Psycho For No Reason!

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
I've had my eye on this floral nylon Prada tote at Jomashop for months now. I really loved the color, the pattern and how it's just so cheery looking. I could NOT get past those handles though. So cheezy! Since it came with a messenger strap, I finally caved and ordered it to see if I could deal with the straps. It arrived today and I HATE the strap handles. Yuck. Here's the stock shot so you can see what I mean.

I was also insistent that it be made in Italy and no where else. I sent back another crossbody because it was made in China. When I buy an Italian bag, I want it made in ITALY! This one is (YEAH!) made in Italy. So the issue of the handles was still there though. Well, not for long. I took care of them. :graucho:

Attachments

• JomashopPrada.jpg
    JomashopPrada.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 342
Reactions: papertiger
I took my seam ripper and slowly popped the seams that held the straps on to the bag. Since the bag is made of tessuto/nylon I knew I would be able to work the fabric back together to make the small stitching holes invisible. Say hello to my new and improved floral crossbody Prada bag.

I'm the only person I know who's nuts enough to take a seam ripper to a brand new designer bag. :panic:

IMG_20190515_161253.jpg IMG_20190515_154503.jpg IMG_20190515_154430.jpg

Last edited:
I took my seam ripper and slowly popped the seams that held the straps on to the bag. Since the bag is made of tessuto/nylon I knew I would be able to work the fabric back together to make the small stitching holes invisible. Say hello to my new and improved floral crossbody Prada bag.

I'm the only person I know who's nuts enough to take a seam ripper to a brand new designer bag. :panic:

View attachment 4433669 View attachment 4433670 View attachment 4433671
Oh my! You removed them!

Reactions: Prada Psycho
Thanks guys. I'm not so much brave as the fact that I not only know my limitations, I'm confident in my strengths. I wasn't concerned at all about my little project. Just took my time and voila! Plus, I HATED those strap handles and that was the only thing that was pushing me to return it. Well, she's all mine now. :biggrin:

Reactions: ladysarah
Looks better without the strap handles. You're not psycho, you should be called Prada-AWESOME!
Love your avatar. I commissioned a friend to do a painting for me last year using a similar photo for inspiration.

Attachments

• 2018_0613ChristinaGreenParis20008.JPG
    2018_0613ChristinaGreenParis20008.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 2018_0613ChristinaGreenParis20014.JPG
    2018_0613ChristinaGreenParis20014.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 2018_0613ChristinaGreenParis20002.JPG
    2018_0613ChristinaGreenParis20002.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 265
No you're not...did the same thing with a tessuto (aaaahhhhh was there EVER such a forgiving material as tessuto???) medium sized tote years ago. Have totally thrashed that bag with everyday use, travel, used it as a shower bag and beach bag. I also kept VERY QUIET about it in case I got abused by purists. Coward me!!! But it worked out that I had the best, most functional, UNIQUE, bag of all.

But, I do love YOUR work too PP.

No you're not...did the same thing with a tessuto (aaaahhhhh was there EVER such a forgiving material as tessuto???) medium sized tote years ago. Have totally thrashed that bag with everyday use, travel, used it as a shower bag and beach bag. I also kept VERY QUIET about it in case I got abused by purists. Coward me!!! But it worked out that I had the best, most functional, UNIQUE, bag of all.

But, I do love YOUR work too PP.

The hell with purists! I bought it, I paid for it and I am the person who will be using any of my bags. Anyone that doesn't approve of my modifications? :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: