Givenchy Mystic

TraceySH

Always hunting for the next bag
Feb 28, 2016
First time on this forum! I saw the Mystic bag, and fell hard for it! I received my first one today, in the natural color, in the small size. The quality is stunning, feels like twice the cost of the bag for the quality. The leather is soft, pliable but thick, the bag is the right combination of structured and flexible. The small size is comparable to my birkin 30's, but I am enjoying the closure that is easier than my kelly 28. The short strap is long enough to go over the shoulder, and longer strap is adjustable to crossbody. Inside is leather and suede. Back pocket easily fits an iphone plus. Bag can easily be worn hanging open, but the little round clasp fits up into the logo hardware and closes with a magnet. Pretty cool.

Best bag surprise I've had in a long time! Enjoy the pics...

Attachments

• sDQnDZa0TSqTe2u53vfTxA.jpg
    sDQnDZa0TSqTe2u53vfTxA.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 625
  • oDHtWEeiRIKZFpP9T4jIdA.jpg
    oDHtWEeiRIKZFpP9T4jIdA.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 617
  • cYF+ZnYAQxewFxKeOZXVOg.jpg
    cYF+ZnYAQxewFxKeOZXVOg.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 587
  • hFHrzwrFSqGz9Ssf8Qlwfw.jpg
    hFHrzwrFSqGz9Ssf8Qlwfw.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 599
  • 4j+XC7vjRiipuhCzrLFjTQ.jpg
    4j+XC7vjRiipuhCzrLFjTQ.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_7005.JPG
    IMG_7005.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_7004.JPG
    IMG_7004.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 600
  • 57957639729__6F9EB389-46BF-4CCA-A746-926AFD384AE3.JPG
    57957639729__6F9EB389-46BF-4CCA-A746-926AFD384AE3.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 602
  • 57957617219__43AB3726-E521-4300-BCC2-57810DA2CB2B.JPG
    57957617219__43AB3726-E521-4300-BCC2-57810DA2CB2B.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_2008.jpeg
    IMG_2008.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 579
What a great color you picked. I'm smitten. It's a beautiful bag. The gold tone hinges are a lovely accent. Glad to hear the quality is there as well.

Reactions: TraceySH
First time on this forum! I saw the Mystic bag, and fell hard for it! I received my first one today, in the natural color, in the small size. The quality is stunning, feels like twice the cost of the bag for the quality. The leather is soft, pliable but thick, the bag is the right combination of structured and flexible. The small size is comparable to my birkin 30's, but I am enjoying the closure that is easier than my kelly 28. The short strap is long enough to go over the shoulder, and longer strap is adjustable to crossbody. Inside is leather and suede. Back pocket easily fits an iphone plus. Bag can easily be worn hanging open, but the little round clasp fits up into the logo hardware and closes with a magnet. Pretty cool.

Best bag surprise I've had in a long time! Enjoy the pics...
Glad you're liking it! What are your thoughts on the handle when carrying it by the strap?

I was excited about this bag and invited to the boutique release, but was found the fact the handle doesn't fully relax a bit awkward....so ultimately passed.

Glad you're liking it! What are your thoughts on the handle when carrying it by the strap?

I was excited about this bag and invited to the boutique release, but was found the fact the handle doesn't fully relax a bit awkward....so ultimately passed.
I get what you are talking about with the handle, but I so rarely carry with the long strap that it doesn't bother me too much to have the front protruding for the few instances where I do need it. Since the bag, to me, is about 110% off the charts awesome, I can get by that. My Lady Diors are all like that too, the strap placement with the handles can be a bit awkward as well.

I get what you are talking about with the handle, but I so rarely carry with the long strap that it doesn't bother me too much to have the front protruding for the few instances where I do need it. Since the bag, to me, is about 110% off the charts awesome, I can get by that. My Lady Diors are all like that too, the strap placement with the handles can be a bit awkward as well.
Thanks for the insight.....I may reconsider them as I otherwise love the aubergine one. They have another style being released this month, so we shall see!

Thanks for the insight.....I may reconsider them as I otherwise love the aubergine one. They have another style being released this month, so we shall see!
What else is being released? I ordered the aubergine and storm from the boutique, should be here in a few days. I've become so desensitized to quality issues b/c of Chanel, that I am truly appreciating the craftsmanship here esp for the price. I've ventured into Delvaux, Hermes of course, and back to some LV which is churning out some great options these days. I've never "left" Dior, but I see issues with quality there too. Mass production just has an effect, sloppiness, cheaper materials and linings, missed or uneven stitching, etc. So when I say I am grateful to be "wowed" by quality, I truly am. If I could only shake that Chanel pixie dust that's all over me, I would run for the hills!!

Reactions: PinkTulip
What else is being released?

.....I believe the new release is called the L bag or something like that. I probably have the name wrong as I couldn't find anything online. However, the SA showed me some lookbook pics, and IIRC it's another handle and long strap type bag. In any event, he mentioned it's being released this month, so perhaps your SA can give you a heads up.:idea: