Kan I Bag - your thoughts?

Hello Everyone! I got the Kan I Small recently and I love it! Pictures attached here (with a quarter leaning against the side as a size reference)

IMG_5189.jpg

Biggest CON: the chain is HEAVY and often gets kind of kinked and needs to be smoothed out to make all of the chain links go straight again. Also, as a user commented earlier in the thread, it is a little tight to go cross-body if you're wearing a large coat. It's not impossible, but it does hug a little tighter than other cross-body purses I own.

Biggest PRO: the depth. It has a double gusset construction, which allows a lot more stuff to go in. This is a great differentiator from the new baguettes, which have half as much depth.

Could you do a what could fit inside this bag?
Do you think these items would fit?

IMG_5190.jpeg

I have posted a pic of the contents of my Kan I small: a ray-ban sunglass case, iPhone x in an LV leather case, LV card case, tissue pack, car keys, lip gloss. More could go in on top of or below the sunglass case, if need be. The larger version of the Kan I would definitely fit more..

I know I posted this sizing info in the baguette thread, but I will repost here for anyone considering the Kan I sizes in relation to the new baguettes. Again, note that the Kan I is at least twice as deep as the baguettes.

Kan I Small
(19cm x 13.3cm x 9cm)
7.4in x 5.2in x 3.5in

Kan I Large
(25cm x 18.5cm x 11cm)
9.8in x 7.3in x 4.3in

Baguette Mini
(19cm x 11.5cm x 4cm)
7.5in x 4.5in x 1.6in

Baguette Medium
(26cm x 14cm x 4cm)
10.3 in x 5.5in 1.6in

Baguette Large
(33cm x 18cm x 5.5cm)
13in x 7in x 2.2in

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! I just ordered, count ‘em - THREE different Kan I bags!!! I found one on Farfetch, one pre-loved but new, and one from a major department store and it was the last one in the country! Of course, I had to get a few extra straps for fun. I can’t wait to do my reveals!!

I saw a Youtuber do a reveal the other day and I knew I had to have this style and the color she had. I ordered from Saks but then found it much cheaper on Farfetch, so I’ll have to return the one from Saks when it arrives. Then I happened upon 2 more great deals in different colors. I don’t think I’ve ever been so gaga for a bag, and I never even knew about this style before this. I went from 0 to Fendi monster in 3 days! I had ordered a Fendi many years ago but returned it immediately, as it was not to the description on the website. So technically this is my first time as a Fendi owner. I have a bajillion Chanel, Louis Vuitton etc. I’m loving your photos, fellow bag fiends. (yes I meant to type fiends, not friends)

View attachment 4237596

View attachment 4237597

Totally love the bag...chic and understated...I am very happy with it!

Reactions: Bereal
I just got to know of the Kan I and I love it! It looks like the Gucci Dionysus, just wondering which came first. But the Dionysus is very heavy. I like the logo embossed black and black and brown Kan Is, although I'm not sure if the logos make the bags look loud. The ones without the logo embossed looks very feminine.

I see a small resemblance, but I also see a bit of Chanel flap. I still think it has it’s own style, and is far softer and more functional than the Dionysus. I usually do not gravitate to logos, but I think this Kan I is done tastefully and playfully. I love the non logo ones as well, but since I have several Chanel flaps and many other solid leather bags, I decided to go for the FF logo bags! I’m going to have fun with them and dress them up with all kinds of handles and charms. Until now I think I’ve been bag boring!!

I just got to know of the Kan I and I love it! It looks like the Gucci Dionysus, just wondering which came first. But the Dionysus is very heavy. I like the logo embossed black and black and brown Kan Is, although I'm not sure if the logos make the bags look loud. The ones without the logo embossed looks very feminine.

Hello all fendi lovers, need your advise as this will be my first Fendi purchase.

I am planning to buy either Fendi Kan I F brown leather or Kan I black leather bag - pictures enclosed. But there are few questions coming in my mind for which I need your advise:
1. Will this be a classic Fendi? will it go out of style after few years?
2. The Kan I F bag flap is calfskin leather and very soft to touch, does fendi calfskin bags require extra care? I am worried if I buy I might scratch or ruin the flap
3. I am also concerned that inside of Kan I black bag is of light brown colour It might get dirty quickly anyone experienced this before?
3. If you were at my place which one would you buy.

Attachments

• B72640A4-AC66-456B-A70F-6B3050E93F18.jpeg
    B72640A4-AC66-456B-A70F-6B3050E93F18.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 250
  • CCC686AD-B15D-41DF-A2DB-C400D9E4335C.jpeg
    CCC686AD-B15D-41DF-A2DB-C400D9E4335C.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 255
  • F29EBAEC-59E3-44A3-B115-043321A97CF6.jpeg
    F29EBAEC-59E3-44A3-B115-043321A97CF6.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 243
I have both of those, but the one I own like first one is blue. They are both great bags, but the second one in FF leather zucca is a little roomier. I’m pretty sure these are subtle enough to stay stylish for many years. I don’t think you can easily damage the leather, but the FF bag will probably be a tiny bit more durable. As far is the suede interior, just keep your pens and your make up in a separate case and I think you will be OK. I would not avoid a beautiful bag just because I was afraid of damaging it especially on the inside where it’s not really going to be seen. But it does seem fairly easy to clean.

Hello all fendi lovers, need your advise as this will be my first Fendi purchase.

I am planning to buy either Fendi Kan I F brown leather or Kan I black leather bag - pictures enclosed. But there are few questions coming in my mind for which I need your advise:
2. The Kan I F bag flap is calfskin leather and very soft to touch, does fendi calfskin bags require extra care? I am worried if I buy I might scratch or ruin the flap
3. I am also concerned that inside of Kan I black bag is of light brown colour It might get dirty quickly anyone experienced this before?

Reactions: Jks17
The leather is soooo soft!! I bought separately and added a small leather FF strap to the blue one, but the FF side isn’t visible in the pic. It also looks really good with a long velvet FF strap I bought.
E2C44A4E-3D59-4813-83F3-6FB3285DBD5E.jpeg 4B140AB2-DAC7-4B90-A5A8-AC5AB61471DA.jpeg

So I finally bought this one as a birthday gift

Attachments

• 0AF0D6E1-A402-4C3C-BCDE-CC38295D1B4C.jpeg
    0AF0D6E1-A402-4C3C-BCDE-CC38295D1B4C.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 191
I have this one in the larger size but would also LOVE to have this smaller size!! It holds SO much despite its appearance!!
I own one in a different colorway in this size. I removed the chain strap and added a wide leather Fendi strap. I also have a couple of short straps I can add for handheld.

Most genius bag of all time and it also looks classy, sophisticated, chic, and stylish, but not too trendy. Great choice!!

The strap is not long enough for a crossbody for both bags. But the Kan I black leather one in small size is crossbody (pic enclosed)

Reactions: Jks17