Keep or Sell? Flat Chanel Slingbacks

Juzzy

Aug 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get your two-cents on whether I should keep my flat chanel slingbacks in the classic colour combo beige and black. I originally wanted the block heel version but the store I went to was out of stock, and I didn't get to try one in my size as well. I purchased the flat slingbacks because I thought I would get more wear out of them than the pair of heels as I heard they can be quite uncomfortable. However, as silly as it sounds, now I feel like the block heel version might be a better purchase simple because it's the more iconic of the two. I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to sell my flat slingbacks, or should I keep them and also purchase one in the same colour combo with the heel?

I would greatly appreciate your opinion on this! Thank you. :smile:

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get your two-cents on whether I should keep my flat chanel slingbacks in the classic colour combo beige and black. I originally wanted the block heel version but the store I went to was out of stock, and I didn't get to try one in my size as well. I purchased the flat slingbacks because I thought I would get more wear out of them than the pair of heels as I heard they can be quite uncomfortable. However, as silly as it sounds, now I feel like the block heel version might be a better purchase simple because it's the more iconic of the two. I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to sell my flat slingbacks, or should I keep them and also purchase one in the same colour combo with the heel?

I would greatly appreciate your opinion on this! Thank you. :smile:

I would try on the block heel version before you sell the flats. I have owned so many of these, they’re so beautiful but I can’t find a size in the block heel where the strap does not slip off my heel when walking more than 50 meters or so, but the flats don’t give me that problem. Others have reported the opposite experience, so just make sure the block heel fits well for walking first!

I have 6 pairs of the heel slingbacks and they are my favourite shoe from Chanel. I find them very comfortable and I don't notice slipping of the strap. I was told to size down half a size by my SA in the leather version so that the strap fits well and because the leather stretches after a few wears. Initially the first wear or two is uncomfortable but then once they soften they are the most comfortable shoe in my opinion. I don't normally wear heels everyday and I was able to do 20000-25000 steps a day on holiday in these heels. I have tried the flat version and I really don't like the way they look on my feet as they are not as flattering. I would definitely try the heel version on and see what you think first if you are unsure about the flats. The height is so versatile for day and night and the shape is very iconic.

Thanks nicole0612 and kn85!

Just as an update - I did try the block heels in store, and absolutely fell in love. I ended up buying them! The block heel straps work better for me than the flats' straps for some reason.

Now I'm just thinking of whether I should sell the flats or keep them. >_<

I would try on the block heel version before you sell the flats. I have owned so many of these, they’re so beautiful but I can’t find a size in the block heel where the strap does not slip off my heel when walking more than 50 meters or so, but the flats don’t give me that problem. Others have reported the opposite experience, so just make sure the block heel fits well for walking first!

There are these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003BE6U74?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

I was so disappointed at the straps and did some research and got these. They work really well! I’d highly recommend them [emoji4]

Thanks nicole0612 and kn85!

Just as an update - I did try the block heels in store, and absolutely fell in love. I ended up buying them! The block heel straps work better for me than the flats' straps for some reason.

Now I'm just thinking of whether I should sell the flats or keep them. >_<

What size are you? I have been looking for the flat beige slingbacks for over a year!

Hello!
I’m size 40.5 in all my Chanel boot / flats !
My Nordstrom SA found me the classic black/beige in 40.5 too

Should I look for size 40 instead ?
Thanks
I have 6 pairs of the heel slingbacks and they are my favourite shoe from Chanel. I find them very comfortable and I don't notice slipping of the strap. I was told to size down half a size by my SA in the leather version so that the strap fits well and because the leather stretches after a few wears. Initially the first wear or two is uncomfortable but then once they soften they are the most comfortable shoe in my opinion. I don't normally wear heels everyday and I was able to do 20000-25000 steps a day on holiday in these heels. I have tried the flat version and I really don't like the way they look on my feet as they are not as flattering. I would definitely try the heel version on and see what you think first if you are unsure about the flats. The height is so versatile for day and night and the shape is very iconic.

Hello!
I’m size 40.5 in all my Chanel boot / flats !
My Nordstrom SA found me the classic black/beige in 40.5 too

Should I look for size 40 instead ?
Thanks
Hi

I wear size 41 in pretty much all Chanel
Shoes (boots, espadrilles, sandals, ballerinas) and all my slingbacks are 40.5. I find the 41 too big and it doesn’t stay on my foot. I do have one pair in the grosgrain fabric that I bought in 41 as this doesn’t stretch but I find the leather ones stretch with time and mould to your foot. My feet are quite narrow and I’m a true size 41 normally. So I would personally recommend sizing down - it may be uncomfortable for the first 1-2 times and then it’s super comfortable

• Love
Reactions: am2022
Thanks -ordered the size 40 ! My first slings !
Pls post your pairs would love to see !❤️
Hi

I wear size 41 in pretty much all Chanel
Shoes (boots, espadrilles, sandals, ballerinas) and all my slingbacks are 40.5. I find the 41 too big and it doesn’t stay on my foot. I do have one pair in the grosgrain fabric that I bought in 41 as this doesn’t stretch but I find the leather ones stretch with time and mould to your foot. My feet are quite narrow and I’m a true size 41 normally. So I would personally recommend sizing down - it may be uncomfortable for the first 1-2 times and then it’s super comfortable