Saint Laurent Lou Lou Lovers

Hello! Been a while since I posted but I've wanted this bag for forever and finally pulled the trigger a few weeks ago. So happy with it! I loved the classic look but was concerned about the wear and "potential flattening" (i.e. vintage Chanel quilted bags I see that yes, are super soft but also super flat). Randomly, I came across the Loulou backpack in medium a while ago that was about 40% off and I since I didn't have/needed a backpack bag, I went ahead and bought it. I do event production and after using it backstage while working/taking photos (...and on dog walks/dog outings with friends to restaurants/dog parks/dog rescue events) I was really impressed. I DO take care of my bags but I'm not insanely militant - I wipe them down with a barely damp cloth (I don't have any suede bags so pebbled/treated leather only) then re-stuff them with paper/bubble wrap and its detachable strap if it has one before putting it back in the dust bag after I'm done/switching out. The basics, right? ;) The Loulou series leather is very durable - my backpack looked new after weeks of constant use - still looks new now. It's what made me decide to get this Loulou bag. I will say that because of the more horizontal shape of this bag, I noticed the soft leather at the front corners lightly crease (I do NOT over stuff my bags and I'm very organized; everything has a catchall and nothing wierd shaped); I found laying my bag flat on it's back (make sure chain straps are not underneath) before bed made the corners/any creases disappear in the morning. Just letting the bag rest/iron itself out, I guess. :smile: I have heard some say the leather is similar to the Chanel flaps but I disagree - the Loulou matelassé leather is much more durable. I'd say it's more squishy than soft; definitely more water, scratch and crease resistant than Chanel lambskin.

This bag and my small Givenchy Nightingale (my first love, finally bought after 5 years in 2017!) are the only two bags I lusted after for years and paid full price for from the boutiques and DID NOT REGRET IT. Glad to finally join the club! :heart:

20190512_131340.jpg

Any problems with chain tarnishing esp silver hardware?

My Loulou medium backpack is silver hardware which is why I got this in gold; I've had no problems at all with either. I don't think these are coated... I've never had any tarnishimg issues with any hardware on my SL items (I have a whiskey/brown Easy bag with ghw from way back when). The only thing I heard/read/saw a picture of somewhere was the black coating chipping off the Loulous with "oxidized nickel" (description on the SL site) aka "black hardware". Hope that helps!

Reactions: Antigone
My Loulou medium backpack is silver hardware which is why I got this in gold; I've had no problems at all with either. I don't think these are coated... I've never had any tarnishimg issues with any hardware on my SL items (I have a whiskey/brown Easy bag with ghw from way back when). The only thing I heard/read/saw a picture of somewhere was the black coating chipping off the Loulous with "oxidized nickel" (description on the SL site) aka "black hardware". Hope that helps!

Thanks! Heard the silver tarnishes. But maybe it's an isolated incident.

Does SL join the big sales events? For example Black Friday etc? Thinking if it's worth it to wait. I'm not in a hurry.

I read somewhere that they have a sale around/after Memorial Day , June-ish? I’ve been checking periodically and I signed up for the emails hoping I’ll get some sort of notice of they do indeed have a summer sale. I have seen them sometimes included in sales when NM and Saks does the occasional $200 off, $300 off sales.

I read somewhere that they have a sale around/after Memorial Day , June-ish? I’ve been checking periodically and I signed up for the emails hoping I’ll get some sort of notice of they do indeed have a summer sale. I have seen them sometimes included in sales when NM and Saks does the occasional $200 off, $300 off sales.

Saint Laurent website? I’m from australia so it’s more convenient for me to order directly, or I guess order from those with free international shipping. Maybe I’ll start stalking the website!

Saint Laurent website? I’m from australia so it’s more convenient for me to order directly, or I guess order from those with free international shipping. Maybe I’ll start stalking the website!

Yes the SL website. I may have read it on TPF somewhere but I’d read that they have a big sale mid-year ish. I have seen Saks and NM include them occasionally in some of their sales. I’m stalking a Lou camera bag in khaki so I’ve been watching. I have the chevron camera bag but I’d like one with the embossed YSL so I’ve been stalking lol.

Does SL join the big sales events? For example Black Friday etc? Thinking if it's worth it to wait. I'm not in a hurry.
They also do sales around Nov. I got my large College in Black tulip last Nov. I paid $1,813 +tax for that one (retails US $2,590 +tax)

Neimans, Saks, etc. do the semi-annual sales and some SL bags are included. Usually the selections are better in store than online for those stores. I got Sac de jour for Baby for about $1,500 at Neiman's summer 2017 (it was on it's 2nd markdown). SL has the same sale items in boutiques as they do online, for the most part.

Last edited:
Yes the SL website. I may have read it on TPF somewhere but I’d read that they have a big sale mid-year ish. I have seen Saks and NM include them occasionally in some of their sales. I’m stalking a Lou camera bag in khaki so I’ve been watching. I have the chevron camera bag but I’d like one with the embossed YSL so I’ve been stalking lol.

Yes- YSL sales occur in November and late May but start with "private sale" for the boutiques and online - you just need the link so register early on the website. Also, someone usually shares it on here :smile:

Reactions: Ms.Dixie
Register on their website by creating an account so that hopefully you will be included when they send out the private sale link :smile:

Hello! Been a while since I posted but I've wanted this bag for forever and finally pulled the trigger a few weeks ago. So happy with it! I loved the classic look but was concerned about the wear and "potential flattening" (i.e. vintage Chanel quilted bags I see that yes, are super soft but also super flat). Randomly, I came across the Loulou backpack in medium a while ago that was about 40% off and I since I didn't have/needed a backpack bag, I went ahead and bought it. I do event production and after using it backstage while working/taking photos (...and on dog walks/dog outings with friends to restaurants/dog parks/dog rescue events) I was really impressed. I DO take care of my bags but I'm not insanely militant - I wipe them down with a barely damp cloth (I don't have any suede bags so pebbled/treated leather only) then re-stuff them with paper/bubble wrap and its detachable strap if it has one before putting it back in the dust bag after I'm done/switching out. The basics, right? ;) The Loulou series leather is very durable - my backpack looked new after weeks of constant use - still looks new now. It's what made me decide to get this Loulou bag. I will say that because of the more horizontal shape of this bag, I noticed the soft leather at the front corners lightly crease (I do NOT over stuff my bags and I'm very organized; everything has a catchall and nothing wierd shaped); I found laying my bag flat on it's back (make sure chain straps are not underneath) before bed made the corners/any creases disappear in the morning. Just letting the bag rest/iron itself out, I guess. :smile: I have heard some say the leather is similar to the Chanel flaps but I disagree - the Loulou matelassé leather is much more durable. I'd say it's more squishy than soft; definitely more water, scratch and crease resistant than Chanel lambskin.

This bag and my small Givenchy Nightingale (my first love, finally bought after 5 years in 2017!) are the only two bags I lusted after for years and paid full price for from the boutiques and DID NOT REGRET IT. Glad to finally join the club! :heart:

View attachment 4430798
It’s a really beautiful bag. I love the gold hardware as it’s not super shiny. The leather is smooth but really durable.

Reactions: imunlisted
Barney's has black Lou's both sizes 30% off in presale through the store. Online is suppose to start 5/20 if anyone gets any other updates on that let me know! :smile:
AND they have a 15% off coupon on all non-sale items in store and online now through Sunday (except Goyard) when you do free sign up/register as a new influencer/loyalist. (Code automatically displays on top of screen after you submit).