LV - painted monogram. How does it hold up?

Amy_Seattle

Nov 20, 2013
Hi,
I really want to get a painted monogram on a Sarah wallet. My concern is will the paint hold up with daily use? Will the paint flake off with heavy use? Appreciate your feedback! I've had no issues with the heat stamp monogram.
Thanks,
Amy - Seattle, WA

Hi,
I really want to get a painted monogram on a Sarah wallet. My concern is will the paint hold up with daily use? Will the paint flake off with heavy use? Appreciate your feedback! I've had no issues with the heat stamp monogram.
Thanks,
Amy - Seattle, WA

Are you referring to the mon monogram collection or getting a wallet painted by a third party artist? I have two mon monogram items (mini Pochette and Speedy B) and they’ve held up well without any chipping.

Hi,
Thanks,
Amy - Seattle, WA
If you are referring to the Mon Monogram collection, it’s not painted on the canvas. It’s just a printing process and it wears just like the normal monogram print.

Reactions: jaschultze
If you are referring to the Mon Monogram collection, it’s not painted on the canvas. It’s just a printing process and it wears just like the normal monogram print.
Really? That’s great! I just got one and expected it be slightly less durable. I watched lots of wear and tear videos and was reassured that the striping seems to hold up well.

The LV Mon Mono video shows someone hand painting the stripes on; my bag is shinier than my other Mono pieces and I had assumed the stripes were done and then a clear coat of glazing was added.

Are the holiday animation and MWT more prone to chipping because of screen printing?