Never owned a Gucci Purse-Is something wrong with the chain?

This does not seem normal! I just got a Marmont as well and it came ready to wear and the strap had no issues. Maybe attach a picture so I can see, but to me it seems like you should contact customer service!

I got it from Saks
Saks has a great policy, not as great as Gucci, but you should be made whole. They have your purchase on record, even if you don't have the receipt. Bring it back and have them get you a better one... and a little something for your troubles... you did purchase from them and not somewhere else... they should honor you in kind for your patronage. Let us know what happens.
"J!m"

Well, I've googled around and it seems like the chain is detachable. I find it very hard to attach though. I chatted with Gucci direct, and they did say its normal for the chain to be only attached to one side when its shipped.
Oh, good to know, sad that you couldn't get any freebies for being inconvenienced. Hope you can get the chain on to complete the look and rock the bag. Be careful.
"J!m"

Saks has a great policy, not as great as Gucci, but you should be made whole. They have your purchase on record, even if you don't have the receipt. Bring it back and have them get you a better one... and a little something for your troubles... you did purchase from them and not somewhere else... they should honor you in kind for your patronage. Let us know what happens.
"J!m"

Hello! I saw your response while I was searching the forum for any advice on Gucci returns on irregular/defective items. How is Gucci normally with refunds/exchanges in the event of flaws or manufacture defects?

I purchased the Soho Disco as a Christmas gift and ended up giving it to the recipient for their birthday this week. Unfortunately found several minor (but devastating) defects. I just sent the bag back for it to be “looked at” (according to CS) to see what can be done. Is this normal or are they usually very good with these kinds of issues? Feeling a little stressed after sending off a $1200 bag with very little assurances of a refund or exchange (would prefer the latter as it’s a gift) :sad:

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hello! I saw your response while I was searching the forum for any advice on Gucci returns on irregular/defective items. How is Gucci normally with refunds/exchanges in the event of flaws or manufacture defects?

I purchased the Soho Disco as a Christmas gift and ended up giving it to the recipient for their birthday this week. Unfortunately found several minor (but devastating) defects. I just sent the bag back for it to be “looked at” (according to CS) to see what can be done. Is this normal or are they usually very good with these kinds of issues? Feeling a little stressed after sending off a $1200 bag with very little assurances of a refund or exchange (would prefer the latter as it’s a gift) :sad:

Thanks in advance for the help!

We appreciate you are very concerned about your bag, but please confine your questions to the thread you started about this specific issue. This thread was started to address the concerns of the OP and the chain of her/his Marmont some while back. If you would like to enlist the help of certain people, you can notify them using @ and their name directly after (no space).