Deauville Club

The MC Speedy is quite heavy TBH for me. I just love it and will be a forever piece. I definitely need to abuse this bag (just a little bit. [emoji23]) I don’t like how it’s too structured on the curves of the bag. It makes the bag bulky compared to the used ones.

Do you still use your Deauville often even though it’s a discontinued style?
Yeah the MC speedy is heavy, but like you I will never sell it.

I have a love/hate relationship with the corners of this bag. I love that it's boxy but don't love that it caves in if you don't fully pack the bag and when you open the bag, it adds stress to the corners and mine has small cracks on the leather. I decided I'm not gonna care, it's just the way the bag is made.

I didn't even realize this bag was discontinued! I try to use it as much as possible but I don't carry much everyday so not as much as I would like.

Reactions: iqaganda
I’m in the club again! I sold mine about six or seven years ago and someone on the forum here (sorry, I can’t remember who- I’d have to do a search lol) was inquiring about the bag and then....the searching and stalking began. Mine is on its way from England, date code 2003!

I’m in the club again! I sold mine about six or seven years ago and someone on the forum here (sorry, I can’t remember who- I’d have to do a search lol) was inquiring about the bag and then....the searching and stalking began. Mine is on its way from England, date code 2003!

Can’t wait to see it! Don’t forget to take photos once you receive it! [emoji173]️

I just received it! I was a bit disappointed that it was sent in a plastic bag and not a box - just inside a dust bag and in thin plastic! Also , is it normal for the sides to be caving in?
I’m thinking it might be from the way the previous owner carried it (unzipped?) or stored it. Overall, the canvas and leather are in good condition. Very clean with no stains or odors. You can see how the sides turn inwards and the top sticks up - the canvas is very pliable almost- not stiff like my old vintage one was. This one also came with lock, key, dustbag and receipt. IMG_3930.JPGIMG_3924.JPGIMG_3929.JPGIMG_3932.JPG

Deauville ladies! I just used mine for the first time and I don’t like it that she’s so boxy because the sides are not yet flat.. does it hurt to make it flatten a little bit so that the sides cave in? [emoji16]

To each their own I guess. I like mine boxy but with use, I think they all eventually cave in on the side. Of course you can try to force it, it’s your bag. If I remember correctly, yours was almost brand new condition so it’ll change as you use it.

To each their own I guess. I like mine boxy but with use, I think they all eventually cave in on the side. Of course you can try to force it, it’s your bag. If I remember correctly, yours was almost brand new condition so it’ll change as you use it.

Yes, I guess I’ll keep using it more in my rotation so that it will cave just a little bit.

Just put mine up for sale. I just don’t reach for it when I travel. Beautiful to look at but it needs to go to someone who will use her. She’s older but in great condition so she will make someone very happy for many more years to come.

Work hard & keep calm. Best of luck!
I am way late on this post, but, if you still have your noe, try to pull your side strap back as far as you can to see if the date code is hiding just under the stitching. I have a petit noe and it is almost impossible to see the datecode, but it's there
From 92-94 not so clear the date code. So, she's about 20 yo.

#piece #saveGaza #savePalestine ✌️
The datecode is on the side stitch, but you have to really pull the hardware back to see it.

Saw one at yogis closet ,gently used for 495.00'plus 50 dollar coupon! Try fashionpile several there too
I am late to this conversation, but I am waiting on a Deauville from a pre-loved market. I am wondering about the time frame between it's initial retirement and a reintroduction? The one i'm waiting on was dated for 2008.

Hi ladies! I’ve been eyeing this bag for years and finally got her this week from the pre-loved market. She’s made in 2000, I believe. Canvas is thick and substantial the way I like this design of bag. I put on a strap from my vintage Keepall for now.

Attachments

• 3AA47899-1760-4557-8C47-6FEB2ED8A421.jpeg
    3AA47899-1760-4557-8C47-6FEB2ED8A421.jpeg
    279.1 KB · Views: 102
Probably, as it is a vanity bag, but it can get really heavy as it is mainly handheld.

You could put on an additional strap, but I personally think that the placement of the handle rings on which you would have to attach the strap are not optimal.

Last edited:
Ah, thank you so much!! That was really helpful! I wonder if the Batignolles (horizontal) would work better since it has sufficient shoulder straps? The leather piping just does not seem to hold up as well on shoulder totes, as they do on some of the other styles (like deauville/speedy etc).

Probably, as it is a vanity bag, but it can get really heavy as it is mainly handheld.

You could put on an additional strap, but I personally think that the placement of the handle rings on whih you would have to attach the strap are not optimal.