Wondering if someone could back me up on this. Counterfeit Hermès from Vestiaire Collective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillonk

May 27, 2016
I purchased this from Vestiaire Collective without doing much research, obviously. I received and had my doubts and went into the true Hermès store in New York only to realize that these cardholders have a vertical stitch which the item I received doesn’t. I sent it back in along with a printout of the photo of the item on the actual Hermès website highlighting the missing line of stitching and they still deem it to be authentic. The accent on top of the second E blends in with the E and the inside date stamp is missing a letter ex: A P 00X
Whatever^ else is there... After the P there is a truly faint M or N. But I know Hermès definitely makes their stamps prominent.

Attachments

• F64464B2-E61C-410F-B175-CA0AA8B9903A.png
    F64464B2-E61C-410F-B175-CA0AA8B9903A.png
    486.4 KB · Views: 733
  • 883A6DC2-A779-4B90-A592-AA2678B699DF.jpeg
    883A6DC2-A779-4B90-A592-AA2678B699DF.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 737
Reactions: allywchu1
Why don't you get a professional authentication? That way you'll know for sure. Comparing with items in a store isn't a good way to authenticate.

Hm, that makes a lot of sense! So you’re telling me that I definitely shouldn’t trust the photo of an item on the original designer’s website and that’s it’s not proof against the item I received which I feel is counterfeit? Even though it’s not only a functional component that’s missing but also cosmetic?

Why don't you get a professional authentication? That way you'll know for sure. Comparing with items in a store isn't a good way to authenticate.

Anywho, is there a possibility that you could point me toward a credible/ professional authenticator that I could use who would be able to write up evidence for a dispute? Thanks.

Hm, that makes a lot of sense! So you’re telling me that I definitely shouldn’t trust the photo of an item on the original designer’s website and that’s it’s not proof against the item I received which I feel is counterfeit? Even though it’s not only a functional component that’s missing but also cosmetic?
Sometimes website photos are taken during the design stage before production begins and they change some details once they start production.
https://bababebi.com/

Sometimes website photos are taken during the design stage before production begins and they change some details once they start production.
https://bababebi.com/

This is absolutely true. We were just discussing in a different thread how another Hermès SLG looks very different on the website photo compared to how it turned out in real life.
OP, best to have it authenticated for your peace of mind.

Reactions: BBC and Dillonk
Status
Not open for further replies.