Louis Vuitton handbag is showing signs of cracking

Nanarules

Apr 25, 2019
C32CDA2B-68F6-4111-9050-063F07702486.jpeg C32CDA2B-68F6-4111-9050-063F07702486.jpeg FA8ED8B4-10E9-485C-A44A-93B1759CAEB7.jpeg C6C93D7E-065B-444F-B6EA-0C0719C6B438.jpeg I have an Louis Vuitton Estrella Noir handbag that is in excellent condition except for the fact that I am noticing signs of cracking beside the leather and where the canvas meets up along by the zipper. The bag is 4 years old but I can’t believe that this would be acceptable. Has anyone else experienced cracking with their handbag? If so, what have you done to remedy this situation? I included the overall photo of the handbag to show that it is well cared for and a photo of one of the cracks. (Much worse in the photo). Thanks to anyone in advance for their advice.

Some Estrelas are on the list of recalls (not all, mine apparently isn’t as I inquired about it). Take it to LV. They will most likely give you credit for it EVEN if it’s not on their internal list.

Reactions: Nanarules
I have the Retiro - it’s from the same line but the style is similar to the Speedy. I hope there are no issues with the Retiro. I’m going to inspect mine when I get home! Here is a stock photo as an example of the Retiro that I own:
View attachment 4416059
My retiro NM was on the recall list. My handles and crossbody strap glazing melted and peeled off. I was given a credit for it. I hope your retiro is okay.

Some Estrelas are on the list of recalls (not all, mine apparently isn’t as I inquired about it). Take it to LV. They will most likely give you credit for it EVEN if it’s not on their internal list.
Thank you for your advice. It took three weeks of investigating but they did give me a store credit. I am very grateful and pleased with the service that I received!