LV Empreinte Leather

AlaiaLoves

Apr 26, 2019
Hi All! I'm thinking of buying the Speedy Bandouliere 25 in the empreinte leather. I was wondering the durability of the empreinte leather? I am not the most careful with my bags. I have a Gucci guccissima bag and it is soft leather and seems to be holding up pretty well. If you have both do you think one is better then the other or around the same? Thanksss :smile:

Hi All! I'm thinking of buying the Speedy Bandouliere 25 in the empreinte leather. I was wondering the durability of the empreinte leather? I am not the most careful with my bags. I have a Gucci guccissima bag and it is soft leather and seems to be holding up pretty well. If you have both do you think one is better then the other or around the same? Thanksss :smile:
I have 2 empreinte bags and love them!

Hi,
I hope you don't mind me chime in. I'm also interested in that since I would like to purchase a PM in Empreinte this year and have been researching a while.
I am curious about the fading of the Print... does that only happen with extensive wear ?
If it happened to you how long did you have the bag and was it used daily or just for special occasions?
Maybe someone can provide pics?!:angel:
Thanks a lot!:heart:

Hi,
I hope you don't mind me chime in. I'm also interested in that since I would like to purchase a PM in Empreinte this year and have been researching a while.
I am curious about the fading of the Print... does that only happen with extensive wear ?
If it happened to you how long did you have the bag and was it used daily or just for special occasions?
Maybe someone can provide pics?!:angel:
Thanks a lot![emoji813]
I have a PM and Twice/twinset in empreinte noir. The embossing on both is still fine. [emoji4] I just pulled out my PM to use, have been using it all week. It's a great daily bag. My Twice/twinset I've used a lot and have had it for a year or two, can't remember but it still looks great as well. 20190422_132936.jpg20190413_082039.jpg

I have a PM and Twice/twinset in empreinte noir. The embossing on both is still fine. [emoji4] I just pulled out my PM to use, have been using it all week. It's a great daily bag. My Twice/twinset I've used a lot and have had it for a year or two, can't remember but it still looks great as well. View attachment 4415030View attachment 4415031
You have beautiful bags! :girlsigh: I am also debating to get the black PM...:heart:Seems they are holding up well. That is good news to me- Thank you!
Maybe this fading doesn't happen to everyone...

Reactions: TangerineKandy
I have the PM , Zoe wallet and the key pouch in noir empreinte and all my pieces have held up very well. My key pouch is three years old and the embossing is still good save for maybe the flap but that part was always flatter than the sides. The Zoe is only a year old and is mostly closed in my bag, but same, no smoothing to speak of. I have only had the PM for about 6 months of fairly heavy rotation and the embossing is still deep throughout. I also don’t baby this bag at all.

I have a few empreinte pieces (PM, Speedy B 25, Twice/Twinset, card holder) and they all seem to hold up very well. I’m not careful with my Twice and it’s held up very well! Also, I bought my Speedy B preloved in Rose Poudre and for being a 2 year old light-colored back, it is in great condition! I wouldn’t hesitate to buy an empreinte bag at all.

I got a tip from a YouTube video that I filed away for my first purchase of this leather... hoping Pochette Métis in noir some day. Basically, it said look for a bag where the embossed designs appear flat inside the design, like on the part that is indented. This indicates a good solid embossing. If the embossed designs still show some bumpiness or texture it means that the embossing wasn’t done as crisply. Not sure if it’s true but it does makes sense. Of course, the luxury of comparing two of the same of anything at LV is so rare.

I got a tip from a YouTube video that I filed away for my first purchase of this leather... hoping Pochette Métis in noir some day. Basically, it said look for a bag where the embossed designs appear flat inside the design, like on the part that is indented. This indicates a good solid embossing. If the embossed designs still show some bumpiness or texture it means that the embossing wasn’t done as crisply. Not sure if it’s true but it does makes sense. Of course, the luxury of comparing two of the same of anything at LV is so rare.

Good advice...
Sounds very interesting! Could you post the link for us?
Thank you! :heart:

Reactions: katgoldatx
I have the Empreinte Artsy, which is totally different in terms of size and how much contact it has with the body while being carried. The imprints have definitely softened, and just this past week I saw two of them being carried by other women and both had softened imprints as well. I think the portion that Tangerine marked in the care booklet is LV's way of saying that the embossing may not stay "crisp". My bag is constantly rubbing against my body, which you may not get as much with a Speedy or Pochette Metis. My Empreinte wallets, one that I've had for 4 years at least, have remained deeply imprinted. Empreinte is absolutely beautiful leather!

OCMomof3, you are definitely right, I had an artsy too and the embossing definitely softened over the years (had her 5 years). The bottom was relatively crisp as the sides were very softened... my Empreinte Montaigne however stayed more embossed, I have her for over 3 years and the material looks nearly new.

Reactions: OCMomof3