We might need a mini cabat thread - The Mini Cabat thread

I just got two photos of the mini cabat. This one is Plaster with Wood (suede) interior. Price: $5400. I don’t have the measurements yet. My SA is off today and sent these from home.....I wanted to share these and figured others would have photos to share, too....

Thanks Diane. I think these will sell well. I like the two color scheme also, although it sort of takes away from the originality of the Cabat which was the uninterrupted inside and outside weaving pattern, doesn't it?

Thanks for sharing the info and photos, diane!

Southernbelle, I have a similar thought about the contrasting interior. On one hand, I like the color contrast, but on the other hand, I miss the continuous weave. The two different colors and materials makes me curious if they changed the construction method (maybe not?).

The fact that the interior is suede is a real negative for me. I use my Cabats as commuter bags, and I toss all sorts of stuff in there, including a water bottle and a small thermos with my breakfast yogurt in it. I haven’t had a spill (touch wood), but I’d be more nervous about the suede, anyway. I don’t think a suede interior would hold up as well looks-wise over the years as my other leather interiors have. I don’t mind the suede interiors of my other BVs, because I don’t use them as totes!

Thanks for sharing the info and photos, diane!

Southernbelle, I have a similar thought about the contrasting interior. On one hand, I like the color contrast, but on the other hand, I miss the continuous weave. The two different colors and materials makes me curious if they changed the construction method (maybe not?).

The fact that the interior is suede is a real negative for me. I use my Cabats as commuter bags, and I toss all sorts of stuff in there, including a water bottle and a small thermos with my breakfast yogurt in it. I haven’t had a spill (touch wood), but I’d be more nervous about the suede, anyway. I don’t think a suede interior would hold up as well looks-wise over the years as my other leather interiors have. I don’t mind the suede interiors of my other BVs, because I don’t use them as totes!
I totally agree. Don’t you hate it when something that is already perfect is changed, sigh.

It’s not a suede interior. It’s another color in Napa. In this mini, the exterior color is Plaster and the interior color is a new brown called Wood. If you recall the medium in Plaster and Lava, that’s a Nappa interior. But I do have a note into Carmel asking for confirmation.

From Carmel BV:
“The small Cabat will be the same workmanship as the previous Cabats, double sided fettucce, the only difference is that each side has a different color.”

I think the price point is in proportion to the medium Cabat. It’s still expensive, don’t get me wrong. But if a regular Cabat is now $7500, the price tag for the small seems in alignment.

I’m waiting to see the medium Cabat in a new shade called Petrol Blue with the Wood interior.

Last edited: