My Pretties: A Somewhat Curated Collection.

SakuraSakura

Aug 24, 2015
My love affair with fashion has surpassed years of big changes. When I first posted my other showcase in 2016, I couldn't even anticipate the journey I was about to embark on. I started university, met the love of my life, and moved. My tastes reflect these changes too since my lifestyle has shifted. Several gorgeous pieces have been sent to new homes, some regrettably sold ((I'm looking at you, Louis Vuitton Denim Mini Pleaty))

Sold but not forgotten: Damier Azur ZCP, Vernis ZCP, vintage monogram speedy, mini lin speedy, and several more...

Anyway, I'm trying to curate and select the purses I want to have in my life for a very long time. Without further ado, welcome to my closet...

Since I adore stories, each of these items will be written about in depth and explained. The first item I have is my Louis Vuitton Monogram Cles. This was purchased at a darker time in my life. I broke up with an abusive ex boyfriend. We were worlds apart in maturity and I knew this wasn't how I wanted my life to go. I remember driving to Holt Renfrew, praying this cutie was there as I needed something to go right. Luckily it was there, waiting. I've used this item basically daily since I purchased it in January 2016. It has been my ride-or-die. I do feel as if the newer monogram canvas is thinner and more prone to damage. The cles shows signs of wear,plating chipping and rubbing, but in a way it demonstrates how well loved it is. It will continue to have a place in my collection since it's versatile and lightweight.

Reactions: FashionForwardChick
Speaking of monogram, my then-boyfriend purchased this mini monogram pochette from a vintage store last September 2018. We became engaged in November! He said that he had a surprise for me. As I was entering my sociology class, he came running after me, pochette in hand. I tried to show him how grateful I was but I had to run to my next class. We received so many glares! This item was purchased well loved but I really didn't mind as it was an incredibly thoughtful, special gift. I use it on rainy days and when we go on walks around the neighborhood.

IMG_3516.JPG

I absolutely adore my Cerises Speedy 25. It is a purse I know that I'll be keeping with me no matter what happens. I purchased this back in December 2016, right before Christmas. I recall seeing a Kijij advertisement. My heart raced as I anxiously awaited a reply. The seller told me that there were three other people interested but I was the only one in the sane location as the seller. We met at Holt Renfrew and I was stunned to see a younger man, arms full of Louis Vuittion, sashaying around to various women. As soon as I laid my hands on this, I knew the $700 was well spent. He gave me the original receipt and a dust bag. The sale was done within seconds but my love for this collection is eternal. I'd love to own the cles as well. Someday...

Since silk screening is a delicate process, some of the cherries show signs of aging and chipping. I was bothered by it at first but it made me realize how things WILL HAPPEN to expensive bags. It taught me how to let go of perfection and embrace wear. They are not invincible.

Last edited:
This is probably one of my favorite stories. I purchased this two weeks ago! I am a serial thrifter. I love the hunt and how rewarding it can be to dig through trash to find something so magnificent and lovely to bring home. I've found Burberry, Dior, Gucci, Pucci... but my Louis was nowhere to be seen. I was at Value Village around 6:00 p.m doing the usual routine of looking through purses. None of them struck my fancy, so I asked my fiancé to check the showcase. As I came up to meet him, he exclaimed about a Louis Vuitton purse. I didn't believe it at first as the location is rather seedy, it was late, and all of the Louis Vuittons I had found in the past were fake. As soon as I picked this up, I knew precisely what I was holding was authentic.The employee kept saying that it was fake - perhaps he wanted it for himself? [emoji38] I silently prayed and flipped over the price tag - $29.99! I was flabbergasted. With my discounts, the end price was $13.14.

IMG_3536.JPG

Another one of my limited edition LV goodies! Introducing the Cherry Blossom Pochette from 2003. found this on Ebay in August 2018. It wasn't too badly priced but I paid a hefty amount in taxes once it arrived in Canada. Although this piece is stunning, I have started to fall out of love with it. I've wanted it since I was young but it is a challenging item to match and wear. I also think I may dislike the studs on it. It doesn't see the light of day nearly as much as it should so I think it'll be on its way out of my collection shortly. If anyone has any outfit ideas for this let me know!

• Love
Reactions: Hine and marie132