Garden Party color dilemma.

GP36 color

• Total voters

HKsai

Jul 24, 2016
Hi ladies and gents. I recently got a new job and I’m thinking about getting a garden party 36 all leather tote for work. I’m a 5’7” guy that wears a lot of navy blue, beige, gray type of clothing. My outfit is usually linen pants, cardigan and sweater or T-shirt. I just can’t decide what color I would want for this tote. I’m thinking about gold, etoupe or Bleu Indigo. Not huge on black but I’m open to that as well. I’m open to other suggestions. TIA.

Gold vs Etoupe is really a warm-tone (gold) vs cool-tone (etoupe) choice. They’re both good, classic colors, it just depends which tone you prefer. Both have contrast stitching, which can read more casual. Not sure if that matters in your particular business environment. I think Blue Nuit is fabulous, more interesting than black, can go with either tone, so that would be my vote. Don’t do black if you don’t love it!

Gold vs Etoupe is really a warm-tone (gold) vs cool-tone (etoupe) choice. They’re both good, classic colors, it just depends which tone you prefer. Both have contrast stitching, which can read more casual. Not sure if that matters in your particular business environment. I think Blue Nuit is fabulous, more interesting than black, can go with either tone, so that would be my vote. Don’t do black if you don’t love it!

Sorry, meant to say Blue Indigo, not Blue Nuit — but my comments are the same for either dark blue!

Since you wear light fabrics like linen I would say Gold as it’s the most versatile with summer-weight fabrics yet can be worn in any season. Étoupe can look muddy in a big bag. Indigo would be my second choice.

Blue Indigo! This would be a great versatile color for you!

Thanks for your vote :flowers:

I’m a therapist in a private practice setting. I’m younger and don’t conform to the typical male dress shirt type so I pretty much get to wear whatever I want as long as I don’t dress like I’m going to the gym. :P

I don't think gold would go with your beige and gray clothing. Etoupe would go better with those. I think bleu indigo would be best.

I’m leaning toward indigo!

Since you wear light fabrics like linen I would say Gold as it’s the most versatile with summer-weight fabrics yet can be worn in any season. Étoupe can look muddy in a big bag. Indigo would be my second choice.

This is exactly how I feel. I feel like gold might go better with my fabric but indigo might be better more versatile with just the general color I wear.

Not sure if GP comes in Bordeaux but that color would go with navy blue, beige and gray

Would red be too feminine? I’ve seen Bordeaux once online but it might be a gp30

Hi ladies and gents. I recently got a new job and I’m thinking about getting a garden party 36 all leather tote for work. I’m a 5’7” guy that wears a lot of navy blue, beige, gray type of clothing. My outfit is usually linen pants, cardigan and sweater or T-shirt. I just can’t decide what color I would want for this tote. I’m thinking about gold, etoupe or Bleu Indigo. Not huge on black but I’m open to that as well. I’m open to other suggestions. TIA.
What color was the bag you were carrying before?

Before that I was carrying a speedy b30 mon monogram. I sometimes rotate through some other bags, such as a fendi monster tote, vert cypress b35, beton Evelyne, b30 bleu electrique, LV navy bleu epi neonoe and a classic monogram Gucci messenger.
Given these bags, sounds like the GP options above are great alternatives:
Etoupe = Gucci?
Noir = Fendi?
Gold = Monogram?
Navy = B30 Bleu Electrique?

If you were wearing the Monogram the most, maybe Gold? Do they have a neutral, cool brown?
Have you seen the Caleche Express Collection? This bag would look really chic with your wardrobe and it goes with everything like an LV Monogram. Not sure if they still make them though. They’re are trimmed in Barenia. I use mine for traveling. 35.5 x 33 x 21.5 cm according to another 1stDibs listing
https://www.google.com/search?q=cal...oECAwQAQ&biw=375&bih=551#imgrc=a37sgfIzSNg8FM

Given these bags, sounds like the GP options above are great alternatives:
Etoupe = Gucci?
Noir = Fendi?
Gold = Monogram?
Navy = B30 Bleu Electrique?

If you were wearing the Monogram the most, maybe Gold? Do they have a neutral, cool brown?
Have you seen the Caleche Express Collection? This bag would look really chic with your wardrobe and it goes with everything like an LV Monogram. Not sure if they still make them though. They’re are trimmed in Barenia. I use mine for traveling. 35.5 x 33 x 21.5 cm according to another 1stDibs listing
https://www.google.com/search?q=cal...oECAwQAQ&biw=375&bih=551#imgrc=a37sgfIzSNg8FM
Wow what a gorgeous bag! I have not seen it in store. I shall inquire.

Thanks. I got it 2 years ago from the men’s department.
How about the Dior Book tote you can customize?
I’m trying to trim down my collection and only focus on H bags... I can’t get myself getting other brands. :-s The book tote especially the leather version has been on my wishlist since forever ago.

Bleu Indigo would get my vote. Discreetly stylish.
A darker colour would recede and nit draw the eye as much as a pale shade.
I agree avoid the gold/yellow spectrum.