Incredibly disappointed in Cartier

Stacy31

O.G.
Sep 27, 2008
I cannot express enough how upset I am! I just received my just un clou bracelet today, directly from Cartier, obviously worn and with no pouch or cleaning cloth! This was my first online experience and I can fairly confidently say my last. Of course customer service is closed now. Back to Tiffany and Co. for me. Never a bad experience there.So, so disappointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Namwan-
I had a similar experience, though my item did not appear to be worn. If you call Cartier customer service, they should be able to send you those items complimentary.

I think it’s kind of strange that they don’t automatically include those items since these are expensive pieces.

I also had an awful experience with Cartier.com. My husband purchased a 4 diamond LOVE to celebrate our wedding and I had been planning on getting a few other pieces for other milestones. I'm still in limbo on what to buy, because of how angry I was with Cartier's customer service. I still haven't received my cloth (4 years later) and they sent my bracelet in a watch box with the screwdriver loosely flopping around inside. And that was just the tip of the iceberg with the mangled online purchase! It is really unfortunate, because I had planned on a JuC when I had my older son and to get a rainbow love for my upcoming 5th anniversary. Instead, I've been checking out bracelets from Jemma Wynne and Hermes.

Reactions: thay
I also had an awful experience with Cartier.com. My husband purchased a 4 diamond LOVE to celebrate our wedding and I had been planning on getting a few other pieces for other milestones. I'm still in limbo on what to buy, because of how angry I was with Cartier's customer service. I still haven't received my cloth (4 years later) and they sent my bracelet in a watch box with the screwdriver loosely flopping around inside. And that was just the tip of the iceberg with the mangled online purchase! It is really unfortunate, because I had planned on a JuC when I had my older son and to get a rainbow love for my upcoming 5th anniversary. Instead, I've been checking out bracelets from Jemma Wynne and Hermes.

Hermes CDC and Kelly are absolutely stunning and Hermes Pink Gold is prettier than Cartier. They don't fade into Yellow Gold.:tup:
But I do admit Cartier's packaging is better than Hermes fine jewellery...
I didn't get the pouch and cleaning kit when I made my first cartier purchase. I was too excited by the purchase and forgot to ask. I called customer service three hours later, they left message for my store to call me back, and my store arranged the pouch and cleaning kit to be picked up the next day I was nearby.
When I made my subsequent purchases, I (remembered to) asked for these two things specifically, and SA gave them to me each time. They explained to me that the reason the first SA forgot was because they don't suppose to give out the pouches, these were for the jewellery items returned after service.
I always think it's way easier to make these type of purchases in person (hermes, lv, chanel, cartier, vca etc) and I never buy them online. I can ask the SA directly and I usually get what I asked for.
If you can't get to a Cartier store in person, try to order through phone and speak to the store directly. I don't know about other countries, but in mine, there is no separate warehouse for Cartier's website, the Cartier website and the customer service line transfer your online order or phone request to a physical boutique in the country, and that boutique would pick your item, package and post it to you. So if you can talk to a SA in that store, tell him/her what you want (ie cleaning kit and pouches), they will try to accommodate your request. If it's posted to you, Cartier can't really control how the delivery company handles the package... some delivery company just have the worst service..
On the other hand, Hermes website do not go through their stores, the website have a separate warehouse for online orders, and the website would have different stocks to their physical boutiques.

I just purchased a gold LOVE on-line. It made my skin itch slightly, so I took it off within an hour and never put it back on. ( I have reactions to certain combinations of alloys on occasion, and was surprised actually this happened with Cartier) I returned it to Cartier the next business day. It was obviously in pristine condition. I took extreme care when undoing the screws.
Well, surprise, surprise, FEDEX appeared at my door this morning...and low and behold, Cartier sent back the bracelet saying there was a tiny scratch near the screw head, and I was now legally bound to keep the bracelet.
To add insult to injury, they didn't include the pouch that was in the original box.
I have no idea what my remedy is. Sorry if I hijacked the thread. I'm so upset!

I just purchased a gold LOVE on-line. It made my skin itch slightly, so I took it off within an hour and never put it back on. ( I have reactions to certain combinations of alloys on occasion, and was surprised actually this happened with Cartier) I returned it to Cartier the next business day. It was obviously in pristine condition. I took extreme care when undoing the screws.
Well, surprise, surprise, FEDEX appeared at my door this morning...and low and behold, Cartier sent back the bracelet saying there was a tiny scratch near the screw head, and I was now legally bound to keep the bracelet.
To add insult to injury, they didn't include the pouch that was in the original box.
I have no idea what my remedy is. Sorry if I hijacked the thread. I'm so upset!
To be fair though, if you bought a bracelet and it came with a scratch near the screw head I'm sure you'd be outraged that you got someone's used bracelet...

They sold me a tester love bangle the screws would come loose every 4 days. I would text my SA and even had it repaired and still every 3-4 days screws still loose. After that she finally exchanged it for another and this one has not budged a single bit. Finally whew.

I also had a really disappointing experience at Cartier when I bought my Love SM bracelet last week. Cartier have no boutiques in my country, so I actually booked a trip abroad to get my first piece. I called the boutique about 2 months in advance to book an appointment and also make sure they would have put aside the sizes I was considering as it would be such a bummer to make the trip without getting my dream bracelet. They were so polite and understanding at the phone so I really was excited for the entire experience and not just to get my first ever Cartier piece! :smile:

So when the day finally had come, I came in to the boutique and I told the SA that approached me that I was a bit early as I had an appointment in 15 minutes. She then asked me who I had an appointment with, to which I answered I had got no SA’s name, but told her my name and that I had come for the Love SM bracelet. She then just went to the counter without saying anything, and after a few minutes «my» SA came over to me and just told me to wait for a bit longer while she got the bracelets out. She also quickly pointed at the empty table where she told me we were going to sit while trying the bracelets. I had no problem waiting as I knew I was early, but I didn’t know if I was supposed to sit down at the table while waiting as she didn’t tell me so, so I just stood there feeling like an idiot until she came back with the bracelets and took me to the table where I was going to try them. She then asked me if i wanted still or sparkly water (which was a bit nice at least), and got me a glass of still as I wanted that. She then quickly tried both of the bracelets on me, and said her opinion on the sizing with a short sentence for each of them, and then waited awkwardly quiet for me to make my choice. She did not even offer me to try the first size one more time, she seriously used less than 5 minutes letting me try them both just once, so I had not even been able to take a sip of my water yet! I sat there looking at the last bracelet which I still had on, and luckily I was sure of which size I wanted, so I told her I wanted the 17. She then let me pay and asked me if I wanted her to wrap it in white paper with sealing (I thought they were supposed to do that always?), to which I said «yes that would be nice». She then served me 3 really nice chocolate truffles to enjoy while waiting for her, which then made me a bit more positive about the up until this point rather disappointing experience.. When she came back, she showed me everything I got with the bracelet and I asked if I could get the cleansing kit as well as she had not included that and did not even mention it for me. She then told me they were out of it, which I’ve heard that they often are so I just said it was fine.. She didn’t mention the traveling pouch either, but I forgot to ask for it as my mind was so busy figuring out whether my expectations had been unrealisticly high, or if my experience had actually been as disappointing as I felt it was :confused1:

When I got back to my hotel room and had my boyfriend put the bracelet on me, I then noticed she had written the wrong serialnumber in my authenticity card:wtf: I called the shop immediately and told them the issue, and they just told me to come back with everything so they could give me a new authenticity card with the correct serialnumber. They did not even apologize for the mistake, and when I got back about an hour later I once again just stood there like an idiot waiting for about 15-20 minutes before «my» SA finally approached me (I saw her being be busy treating some other customer really nice, which made me feel even worse about my whole experience at this point:frown:).. I gave her the bag with everything in it and she confirmed that she had done a mistake (but still no apology). She then got me a new authenticity card and showed me that it was correct this time (which I thought was nice), so I thanked her for showing me. I then asked if I could get a traveling pouch as I had forgot about it earlier, and she then actually got annoyed and told me that both the travelling pouch AND cleansing kit was a special service they only handed out as a «nice surprise» to customers after they’ve had their jewelry being polished in the boutiques, so these were not things I could expect to get while buying jewelry! At this point I was SO done with this SA, so I just took my bag and told her to have a nice day before I left.. :tdown:

I have been thinking about this entire experience several times for the past week since I was there, debating with myself if I was being overdramatic in my opinion or if it really had been as bad as I felt it was.. I’m not a person who expects to be treated as royalty just because I’m buying luxury goods every now and then, but I do expect to be met with decent customer service and the same polite and resepectful attitude as I give employees whenever and wherever I’m buying things.. I have never been met with such a careless attitude in any other luxury boutiques, so my conclusion is unfortunately that this WAS a really bad first experience at Cartier. Everything from the first SA that seemed annoyed about me not knowing who I had an appointment with, to «my» SA who seemed to mostly rush through the entire appointment, not even taking her time to make sure she wrote the correct serialnumber on the authenticitycard or apologize for her mistake, and even ended up being quite rude to me for asking about the cleansing kit and traveling pouch.. I know for sure that I won’t be buying anything in that boutique again, but I may try other boutiques at some point later as I believe I for some reason just was really unlucky with this one :-s

I also had a really disappointing experience at Cartier when I bought my Love SM bracelet last week. Cartier have no boutiques in my country, so I actually booked a trip abroad to get my first piece. I called the boutique about 2 months in advance to book an appointment and also make sure they would have put aside the sizes I was considering as it would be such a bummer to make the trip without getting my dream bracelet. They were so polite and understanding at the phone so I really was excited for the entire experience and not just to get my first ever Cartier piece! :smile:

So when the day finally had come, I came in to the boutique and I told the SA that approached me that I was a bit early as I had an appointment in 15 minutes. She then asked me who I had an appointment with, to which I answered I had got no SA’s name, but told her my name and that I had come for the Love SM bracelet. She then just went to the counter without saying anything, and after a few minutes «my» SA came over to me and just told me to wait for a bit longer while she got the bracelets out. She also quickly pointed at the empty table where she told me we were going to sit while trying the bracelets. I had no problem waiting as I knew I was early, but I didn’t know if I was supposed to sit down at the table while waiting as she didn’t tell me so, so I just stood there feeling like an idiot until she came back with the bracelets and took me to the table where I was going to try them. She then asked me if i wanted still or sparkly water (which was a bit nice at least), and got me a glass of still as I wanted that. She then quickly tried both of the bracelets on me, and said her opinion on the sizing with a short sentence for each of them, and then waited awkwardly quiet for me to make my choice. She did not even offer me to try the first size one more time, she seriously used less than 5 minutes letting me try them both just once, so I had not even been able to take a sip of my water yet! I sat there looking at the last bracelet which I still had on, and luckily I was sure of which size I wanted, so I told her I wanted the 17. She then let me pay and asked me if I wanted her to wrap it in white paper with sealing (I thought they were supposed to do that always?), to which I said «yes that would be nice». She then served me 3 really nice chocolate truffles to enjoy while waiting for her, which then made me a bit more positive about the up until this point rather disappointing experience.. When she came back, she showed me everything I got with the bracelet and I asked if I could get the cleansing kit as well as she had not included that and did not even mention it for me. She then told me they were out of it, which I’ve heard that they often are so I just said it was fine.. She didn’t mention the traveling pouch either, but I forgot to ask for it as my mind was so busy figuring out whether my expectations had been unrealisticly high, or if my experience had actually been as disappointing as I felt it was :confused1:

When I got back to my hotel room and had my boyfriend put the bracelet on me, I then noticed she had written the wrong serialnumber in my authenticity card:wtf: I called the shop immediately and told them the issue, and they just told me to come back with everything so they could give me a new authenticity card with the correct serialnumber. They did not even apologize for the mistake, and when I got back about an hour later I once again just stood there like an idiot waiting for about 15-20 minutes before «my» SA finally approached me (I saw her being be busy treating some other customer really nice, which made me feel even worse about my whole experience at this point:frown:).. I gave her the bag with everything in it and she confirmed that she had done a mistake (but still no apology). She then got me a new authenticity card and showed me that it was correct this time (which I thought was nice), so I thanked her for showing me. I then asked if I could get a traveling pouch as I had forgot about it earlier, and she then actually got annoyed and told me that both the travelling pouch AND cleansing kit was a special service they only handed out as a «nice surprise» to customers after they’ve had their jewelry being polished in the boutiques, so these were not things I could expect to get while buying jewelry! At this point I was SO done with this SA, so I just took my bag and told her to have a nice day before I left.. :tdown:

I have been thinking about this entire experience several times for the past week since I was there, debating with myself if I was being overdramatic in my opinion or if it really had been as bad as I felt it was.. I’m not a person who expects to be treated as royalty just because I’m buying luxury goods every now and then, but I do expect to be met with decent customer service and the same polite and resepectful attitude as I give employees whenever and wherever I’m buying things.. I have never been met with such a careless attitude in any other luxury boutiques, so my conclusion is unfortunately that this WAS a really bad first experience at Cartier. Everything from the first SA that seemed annoyed about me not knowing who I had an appointment with, to «my» SA who seemed to mostly rush through the entire appointment, not even taking her time to make sure she wrote the correct serialnumber on the authenticitycard or apologize for her mistake, and even ended up being quite rude to me for asking about the cleansing kit and traveling pouch.. I know for sure that I won’t be buying anything in that boutique again, but I may try other boutiques at some point later as I believe I for some reason just was really unlucky with this one :-s
Im so sorry about your experience with them, :tdown:she is wrong you can get cleaning kit and pouch.i would call 1 800 cartier customers service after service and explain the awful experience you received .they will do something about it special since you made plans two months inadavance :mad:which makes it worse .im very sorry please share photo of your new love and congrats :yahoo:

Sorry to hear about your experience with Cartier :sad: Personally I've found their SAs VERY hit & miss and ironically, the best service I've ever had from Cartier was from someone not actually employed by them but was working at the boutique at the time.

Tiffany SAs on the other hand, have always been super friendly regardless of whether I'm just browsing or making a small purchase. Recently I was deliberating between the Cartier Etincelle band and Tiffany Metro, and went with the Metro partly because of Tiffany's superior customer service.

I've previously had good results by emailing Cartier customer service and they sent me a cleaning kit, travel pouch plus red cover for the Love certificate (this was after they stopped issuing them for Love bracelets). Might be worth a shot since there's no harm in asking.

Im so sorry about your experience with them, :tdown:she is wrong you can get cleaning kit and pouch.i would call 1 800 cartier customers service after service and explain the awful experience you received .they will do something about it special since you made plans two months inadavance :mad:which makes it worse .im very sorry please share photo of your new love and congrats :yahoo:

Sorry to hear about your experience with Cartier :sad: Personally I've found their SAs VERY hit & miss and ironically, the best service I've ever had from Cartier was from someone not actually employed by them but was working at the boutique at the time.

Tiffany SAs on the other hand, have always been super friendly regardless of whether I'm just browsing or making a small purchase. Recently I was deliberating between the Cartier Etincelle band and Tiffany Metro, and went with the Metro partly because of Tiffany's superior customer service.

I've previously had good results by emailing Cartier customer service and they sent me a cleaning kit, travel pouch plus red cover for the Love certificate (this was after they stopped issuing them for Love bracelets). Might be worth a shot since there's no harm in asking.

Thank you both, I’ve now sent a message to the Cartier facebook account as it was a limit of maximum 2000 characters if I was e-mailing them, and I wanted them to get my entire story. So now I’m keeping my fingers crossed to finally get a positive surprise when recieving their answer! If I don’t, then I’ll call them on monday. Here’s a pic of the beauty as well since it was asked for (don’t mind my chipped nails :P), luckily I’ve had no regrets with the bracelet at least! :loveeyes: C4A6576A-D694-47A5-9448-BBD22135E5DA.jpeg

Thank you both, I’ve now sent a message to the Cartier facebook account as it was a limit of maximum 2000 characters if I was e-mailing them, and I wanted them to get my entire story. So now I’m keeping my fingers crossed to finally get a positive surprise when recieving their answer! If I don’t, then I’ll call them on monday. Here’s a pic of the beauty as well since it was asked for (don’t mind my chipped nails :P), luckily I’ve had no regrets with the bracelet at least! :loveeyes: View attachment 4468351

Congrats to your new bracelet, enjoy it in good health.
I had been shopping for decades in luxury stores that I don’t care about the SA anymore. The product/outcome is the most important.
To be honest, I would never buy another brand just because of some SA’s unfriendliness.. Walk out and come back in 20minutes, go to someone else and see whether you like the treatment. My money goes to the brand name, the style and quality of the product.
My Cartier boxes were not wrapped with tissue paper and wax sealed. Just a paper bag, jewellery box, the item, invoice, and authenticity card.
For my local boutique, they did told me exactly what your SA said. These two things are not included by DEFAULT.
Cleaning kit: you should get one if you ask, but if the store ran out, then a SA can’t do much right? In theory they can ask another store to post one to you, but I never heard they post internationally.
Travel pouch: I asked and my SA gave me one for the bracelet and one for the ring, but she explained to me that they usually do not give it out, rather it’s for products return from service. I guess everyone asked for them because unboxing videos on YouTube..
Sure, if your SA is trying to be nice, she should get you one.

Congrats to your new bracelet, enjoy it in good health.
I had been shopping for decades in luxury stores that I don’t care about the SA anymore. The product/outcome is the most important.
To be honest, I would never buy another brand just because of some SA’s unfriendliness.. Walk out and come back in 20minutes, go to someone else and see whether you like the treatment. My money goes to the brand name, the style and quality of the product.
My Cartier boxes were not wrapped with tissue paper and wax sealed. Just a paper bag, jewellery box, the item, invoice, and authenticity card.
For my local boutique, they did told me exactly what your SA said. These two things are not included by DEFAULT.
Cleaning kit: you should get one if you ask, but if the store ran out, then a SA can’t do much right? In theory they can ask another store to post one to you, but I never heard they post internationally.
Travel pouch: I asked and my SA gave me one for the bracelet and one for the ring, but she explained to me that they usually do not give it out, rather it’s for products return from service. I guess everyone asked for them because unboxing videos on YouTube..
Sure, if your SA is trying to be nice, she should get you one.
Well, each to their own I guess! As I said I do expect to be treated with a decent customer service (which is not meant to be anything like a full-on VIP treatment) and to be met with the same polite and respectful attitude as I’m giving the employees. And this I will always expect, as these are people who are actually being paid to provide service and people should treat eachother nicely no matter what their «roles» are anyway. And for the cleaning kit, the SA definitely could have suggested to send one by mail later when they got more in stock, as I actually live in a country with no Cartier boutiques and because of this would have no opportunity to deliver my bracelet for cleaning when needed. This I also told Cartier when contacting them yesterday.

Cartier responded to me quickly and they were so sorry to hear my story, and also thanked me for giving them such a detailed explaination of my experience, as the customers feedback is the only way for them to improve their service. This tells me that they ARE focusing on customer service, and that this SA did not do her job properly according to their standards. They also assured that they would make the boutique call me and that they would send me both the travel pouch and cleaning kit. So I’m very pleased with the after sales service so far, and I’m really happy that they seem to take this really seriously. :tup:

Last edited: