keep it or return neverfull

Ravena

O.G.
Sep 14, 2011
I ordered preloved nf and after received it I inspected the bottom and found this patch, seller assures me it was bought as that and that it is the way LV coats piping, have you ever seen anything like that? Should I return?

Attachments

• 5614A69C-AA35-4F9B-9C24-2D475C8728D2.jpeg
    5614A69C-AA35-4F9B-9C24-2D475C8728D2.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 798
  • 42B87774-CB87-465C-80D7-32BA8A75FB4A.jpeg
    42B87774-CB87-465C-80D7-32BA8A75FB4A.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 797
  • DE0AF66B-F81C-4C7B-A9BA-923A2FA2D320.jpeg
    DE0AF66B-F81C-4C7B-A9BA-923A2FA2D320.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 802
That is so, so small and so minor. Actually, I’d dare say it’s nothing. I never looked on at piping of my bags with a magnifying glass this way but since the material had finite ends I would not be surprised at this. I would not even find something like this on a bag let alone consider returning. It’s on the bottom. No one will ever notice. But as I said in another thread if you have to ask then return it if you can. It would never bother me as it’s nothing to me.

I can’t even tell what the issue is here even after stretching the photo.

I look my bags over when purchasing for obvious defects and have asked to see a second once so that I could choose between the two, but I don’t put them under a magnifying glass either. I do not conduct light tests or search for a single stitch that is fractionally different. I’m looking for good craftsmanship, not absolute perfection. That doesn’t exist.

Thank you all, it looked like it has been repaired to me since it is parch over the piping, it is not ending of the material but material stiched to the canvas so I asked for help here

If a detail this small bother you, how will you react to your first scuff or stain on the bag!? Save a bit more and buy new if you’re questioning such a tiny detail and possible repair. Perhaps it’s not a repair. Maybe in the workshop their piping was 2mm too short so they covered it with the patch. You never know the circumstances.

Reactions: ILoveTooManyPurses
To me, it looks as if it's been repaired... It does indeed seem to be a patch rather than an overlapping.
Ah, just read that you're keeping the bag. Wear it in good health.
thank you, after reading all the comments i thought i was overreacting but it is not ending of the material it is patch,
i wanted to check if it is normal for GMs since i own only MM size

first LV store is 7 hours drive away so it is not possible at the moment, it is patch but material looks identically as LV canvas, it is sam color and texture, I just never saw LV does something like that to cover the piping, thats why I asked for your help dear ladies :smile: