Scarves Show us your "Exceptional" scarves !

These exceptional pieces are so luxurious, I wonder how many usually are made? I asked this question once at a small Hermès store in France but never got an answer, does anyone have any intel? I can understand that the number can vary a bit but in general are we talking about 100, 200, 400?

@xincinsin , this post was so helpful and it finally made me pull the trigger.
This scarf is heavy, not practical and will not get worn much. But soo beautiful, I am still glad I got it. I think I may have regretted not having gotten it. It even makes me grin when I see the closed box :cool:

I can totally relate to this!
By the way, your scarf magnet comment just shook my world a little bit. I have to do some research!

Reactions: CMilly and Julide
I can totally relate to this!
By the way, your scarf magnet comment just shook my world a little bit. I have to do some research!

I used two disks:
https://www.supermagnete.de/scheibe...8mm-hoehe-2mm-neodym-n45-vernickelt_S-08-02-N

But I have also seen somewhere the combination of a ball and a ring
https://www.supermagnete.de/magnetkugeln-neodym
https://www.supermagnete.de/ringmagnete-neodym

have fun experimenting (as long as you do not need a pacemaker, but the modern ones should not be a problem...)

Your wish is my command, I finally had time to take, crop and resize some pictures (if interested in full size images you can PM me, but they are huge), get ready to be flooded with pictures.
First of all: the box is huge (mine did not come with any additional packing substances other than the paper), for comparison I took a picture with a regular 90ies box:
View attachment 4403304
And also some other details:
View attachment 4403305 View attachment 4403306 View attachment 4403307View attachment 4403308

Twins !! Horrah !!

These exceptional pieces are so luxurious, I wonder how many usually are made? I asked this question once at a small Hermès store in France but never got an answer, does anyone have any intel? I can understand that the number can vary a bit but in general are we talking about 100, 200, 400?

I doubt it's even 100 globally of each but I think there quite a few different designs, colours and formats going around at any one time. I also think it varies with each.

I was about to buy the ClF 140 CSGM from NBS London. They had had 3, only one more store had the same design in the UK and the one I was going to buy was the last. So different stores buy different Exps so there are exclusives nationally (or close). Anyway I'm making an educated guess based on evidence of what I've seen/heard at H plus some knowledge of fashion marketing strategy generally, I can't say for sure and H remains economical with their economic truth.

I doubt it's even 100 globally of each but I think there quite a few different designs, colours and formats going around at any one time. I also think it varies with each.

I was about to buy the ClF 140 CSGM from NBS London. They had had 3, only one more store had the same design in the UK and the one I was going to buy was the last. So different stores buy different Exps so there are exclusives nationally (or close). Anyway I'm making an educated guess based on evidence of what I've seen/heard at H plus some knowledge of fashion marketing strategy generally, I can't say for sure and H remains economical with their economic truth.

Thank you dear papertiger, I appreciate your input in my question. I still regret not buying the Jardin de Leila I was shown in Nantes, but before paying 7000€ I wanted to know more about the shawl, including the number made, but I didn’t get any answers.

IMG_0102.JPG

Perhaps I’m reunited with one of these one day...Love peacocks and admirethe work of Leila Menchari.

Thank you dear papertiger, I appreciate your input in my question. I still regret not buying the Jardin de Leila I was shown in Nantes, but before paying 7000€ I wanted to know more about the shawl, including the number made, but I didn’t get any answers.

View attachment 4405561

Perhaps I’m reunited with one of these one day...Love peacocks and admirethe work of Leila Menchari.

I hope you do, it's truly and thrillingly beautiful (and quite a price)

Reactions: Serva1 and xiaoxiao

View attachment 4405561

I have to say for that price, I would also know a lot more details. I am surprised they don’t number them as 2/50 or somesuch, the way prints are labeled. It’s unbelievably beautiful though.