Scarves Show us your "Exceptional" scarves !

C'est la Fete CSGM 140

I'm happy to read that other members wear their exceptionals. I was told that this design is more wearble since it is exclusively embroidered. I would like to wear this and not necessarily for special occasions. Is this a crazy thought?

Absolutely not!
I‘m wearing mine everyday. Sometimes simply combined with a pullover and a pair of jeans.
They are too beautiful to be locked up somewhere.

I bought this Cache Cache fleuri recently.
Unfortunately the colors are not stated on the invoice.
Does maybe anyone has the same and could help me with the colors?
Thanks a lot in advance!View attachment 4397601View attachment 4397602View attachment 4397603View attachment 4397604

That is beautiful, have a good time wearing it!

View attachment 4399824View attachment 4399825 View attachment 4399826View attachment 4399827 View attachment 4399821 I fell in love with this scarf when I saw it but after experimenting with different ways of wearing it I can’t come up with a way of wearing it that really shows off the embroidery. So I’m thinking of framing it.

Yes, I can imagine the weight of all these beads, but keep playing until you find a way, it is stunning!

Could
Not
Refuse :heart:

This is deep in grail land: clf, Arbre and exceptional, please post pictures of it worn :flowers:

Thank you! I think that's exactly how I'll try to incorporate it!

I totally agree! I was searching my wardrobe for a rich burgundy to try it with, but sadly don't have anything quite right. More shopping...? :angel:

Haha, you're too kind :biggrin:
I've attached a flat photo of the entire scarf. What do you think? Thanks for all your helpful comments!! :flowers:
View attachment 4402590

Thank you for posting the full scarf. I think it looks even better when worn, this makes it truly come to life.

Yes please, lots of pictures!!

I can’t wait to see how you wear this beautiful scarf!:flowers:

Your wish is my command, I finally had time to take, crop and resize some pictures (if interested in full size images you can PM me, but they are huge), get ready to be flooded with pictures.
First of all: the box is huge (mine did not come with any additional packing substances other than the paper), for comparison I took a picture with a regular 90ies box:
jq  unboxing 1.jpg
And also some other details:
jq  unboxing 2.jpg jq  unboxing 3.jpg jq  unboxing 4.jpgjq  unboxing 5.jpg

Last edited:
Now comes the tricky part: wearing it :nuts:
That thing is HEAVY!! and slippery. It is as if I have to learn how to tie a scarf again from scratch.
I tried multiple ways, always wanting to show of the feathers since these are my favourite part.
But cowboy style just does not seem to work, neither do I like having a triangle at my back...
rectangular with magnets looks better, need to go tho the opera like that...

Attachments

• jq  worn triangle 1.jpg
    jq worn triangle 1.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 298
  • jq  worn triangle 2.jpg
    jq worn triangle 2.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 299
  • jq  worn triangle 3.jpg
    jq worn triangle 3.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 297
  • jq  worn triangle 4.jpg
    jq worn triangle 4.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 304
  • jq  worn triangle 6.jpg
    jq worn triangle 6.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 301
  • jq  worn triangle 5.jpg
    jq worn triangle 5.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 295
  • jq  worn rect 1.jpg
    jq worn rect 1.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 295
Hi, @HoneyLocks. I have an exceptionelle and must confess that despite its swoonworthy beauty, it doesn't get much usage due to the following reasons:
1. White: fearful of soiling it
2. Large: 140 is actually too much silk for me and too warm for tropical weather
3. Heavy: not sure if it's only the beads but even the silk feels thicker (and thicker feels goooood...)
4. Lifestyle: not many occasions that require an ornate shawl
But no regrets at the moment because it is very beautiful and I bought it knowing reasons 1 to 4. If I ever start to regret it, I'll rehome it and it will be a very pleasant memory.
@xincinsin , this post was so helpful and it finally made me pull the trigger.
This scarf is heavy, not practical and will not get worn much. But soo beautiful, I am still glad I got it. I think I may have regretted not having gotten it. It even makes me grin when I see the closed box :cool:

what seems to work better (facilitated again with magnets) seems to be in a bias...
Thank you thank you for sharing these amazing pictures! Even the backside of this is exquisite! I think you will wear this more than you realize as it seems so versatile. It can look formal or casual, an amazing exceptional. Again much congratulations to you on this beautiful piece of art.:flowers:

This scarf is heavy, not practical and will not get worn much. But soo beautiful, I am still glad I got it. I think I may have regretted not having gotten it. It even makes me grin when I see the closed box :cool:
Thank you for posting all the different ways you tried wearing your truly exceptional scarf. I tried some of the ways you modeled and wasn’t thrilled with how my scarf looked but your pics gave me some other ideas to try. So true about these types of scarves being heavy and slippery. And I just fear leaving a trail of beads as I walk :panic:But I agree with both @xincinsin and you. As impractical as my Pegasus scarf is, I just love it and have no regrets buying it even though I haven’t managed to find an occasion to wear it to yet. I wish you much enjoyment with your wonderful scarf for many years to come :smile:

Glad to have been of assistance :amuse:
Your JQ is exquisite and you wear it so well!
I feel most inspired and shall try to bring my MP out for a spin at the next wedding I attend!
(And yes, I get chummy with orange boxes too - zounds! They probably have a name for this fetish!)

Reactions: DoggieBags
Now comes the tricky part: wearing it :nuts:
That thing is HEAVY!! and slippery. It is as if I have to learn how to tie a scarf again from scratch.
I tried multiple ways, always wanting to show of the feathers since these are my favourite part.
But cowboy style just does not seem to work, neither do I like having a triangle at my back...
rectangular with magnets looks better, need to go tho the opera like that...
Gorgeous! I love this design! Congratulations!