Preloved on Poshmark Experience - Posh Authenticate

Angel1879

Mar 3, 2013
Hello, I’m really loving some Preloved LV bags on Poshmark . Have any of you bought Preloved from Poshmark? How was your experience with Posh Authenticate? I have only purchased brand new bags so I’m trying to do all my due diligence before I pull the trigger on a Preloved bag.

Hello, I’m really loving some Preloved LV bags on Poshmark . Have any of you bought Preloved from Poshmark? How was your experience with Posh Authenticate? I have only purchased brand new bags so I’m trying to do all my due diligence before I pull the trigger on a Preloved bag.
I recommend that you post the link and follow the instructions on the first page of this thread. Good luck.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...read-1st-post-before-posting.926508/page-1782

As a Posh seller and buyer, I feel like there is so much fake crap on Posh that makes it through. There is also little info about what Posh authenticate is... who does it? are they trained? Posh will ask me to "keep Posh in tiptop shape" and will show me items and ask if they are fake, authentic, or unsure. Is this all that Posh authenticate is? Posh seems too sketchy for me for luxury goods. I've only bought one item and it was luxury jewelry I authenticated myself, the seller's story checked out, and it isn't something that was copied. I would save up a bit more and buy from a reputable company that doesn't have individual sellers like Posh does. Can't put a price on peace of mind. Also, Posh leaves it up to the seller to describe. Their return policy favors the buyer, but it is possible to fight a return as a seller and win.

As a Posh seller and buyer, I feel like there is so much fake crap on Posh that makes it through. There is also little info about what Posh authenticate is... who does it? are they trained? Posh will ask me to "keep Posh in tiptop shape" and will show me items and ask if they are fake, authentic, or unsure. Is this all that Posh authenticate is? Posh seems too sketchy for me for luxury goods. I've only bought one item and it was luxury jewelry I authenticated myself, the seller's story checked out, and it isn't something that was copied. I would save up a bit more and buy from a reputable company that doesn't have individual sellers like Posh does. Can't put a price on peace of mind. Also, Posh leaves it up to the seller to describe. Their return policy favors the buyer, but it is possible to fight a return as a seller and win.

Thank you for your reply. I have no idea what the posh authenticate is, from what I thought, is that Luxury items were sent to California for authentication. I am also willing to have a third party authenticate the item for my own piece of mind. I wouldn't usually consider buying preloved, but this item is no longer in production and hasn't been in quite sometime. I sell clothing, nothing designer and most of what I sell on Posh is NWT. I really do appreciate your help, and your honesty. Have a great day!! :smile:

Reactions: tannfran
I have never bought or sold anything on Posh but I have read about it being sketchy. If you still are interested in the item, I would ask the seller for the required photos to do a TPF authentication, if the seller wants to sell the item and they are honest they should have no issue doing this for you. If you then go ahead with the sale, make sure to pay with Paypal Goods/Services (not Friends/Family to save fees), that is always going to be the easiest recourse if the item did turn out to be replica.

I have never bought or sold anything on Posh but I have read about it being sketchy. If you still are interested in the item, I would ask the seller for the required photos to do a TPF authentication, if the seller wants to sell the item and they are honest they should have no issue doing this for you. If you then go ahead with the sale, make sure to pay with Paypal Goods/Services (not Friends/Family to save fees), that is always going to be the easiest recourse if the item did turn out to be replica.
Thank you for your reply. I have asked two sellers for some extra pictures so I could get some help from this forum to authenticate but they were unable to help me, due to the quality of the photos. I am currently waiting on a third party paid authentication to get back to me also, before I decide. Thanks again for your help!!:smile:

Reactions: DreamingBeauty
Thank you for your reply. I have asked two sellers for some extra pictures so I could get some help from this forum to authenticate but they were unable to help me, due to the quality of the photos. I am currently waiting on a third party paid authentication to get back to me also, before I decide. Thanks again for your help!!:smile:
I will, thank you.

Reactions: DreamingBeauty
My niece ordered a Gucci belt online from Poshmark. I took the serial #s from the belt and went to the Gucci store here in Chicago. They said they will not authenticate but ran the #s. They were for a different style Gucci belt than the one she ordered so she is sending it back. Hopefully she can get her $ back. There is precious little I trust anywhere online other than the legit boutiques from the respective brands.

Reactions: Angel1879
My niece ordered a Gucci belt online from Poshmark. I took the serial #s from the belt and went to the Gucci store here in Chicago. They said they will not authenticate but ran the #s. They were for a different style Gucci belt than the one she ordered so she is sending it back. Hopefully she can get her $ back. There is precious little I trust anywhere online other than the legit boutiques from the respective brands.
I hope your niece gets her money back, that’s an awful experience. I would love to purchase this item brand new in the boutique but it’s been quite a few years since they have produced this item. I ended up paying a third party authentication service to authenticate before I purchase. It’s really a small price to pay to have an item authenticated prior to purchasing. Thank you for your feedback.

Update, I ended up buying a Preloved LV on Poshmark. I am unsure of how Poshmark authenticates items sent to them but the seller was very helpful when I would ask for more pictures. I was able to get some good pictures and I paid a third party to authenticate the item, and also posted the link and more pictures and the lovely LV authenticator gave me the green light. My experience overall was great because I was lucky enough to purchase from a great seller who doesn't sell fake items. This was my first purchase on Poshmark, and I was super hesitant since it was a preloved luxury item but I am glad that it worked out for me. Thank you to those who replied to this thread and gave me some feed back!! Have a great day!!