First Chanel! Help me choose!

Which one for first (and maybe only) Chanel?

• Vintage Caviar Mini ($2900)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Classic Flap Medium ($3500)

Votes: 25 86.2%

• Total voters

graci3

Apr 4, 2019
Help me choose my first (and possibly only) Chanel bag! I'm shopping pre-loved. My ideal bag would be a NEW black caviar square/rectangular mini with gold hardware... but I believe they only make them in lambskin currently. So I started to look for something pre-loved in black caviar with gold hardware but mainly wanted a good deal. These are my top contenders.

2005 to 2006 year (shorter flap) black caviar mini with gold hardware. The little turn knob on the gold lock looks a little bit faded. Otherwise described as very good condition. $2900
image2 (1).jpeg

2008 to 2009 year black caviar medium classic flap with silver hardware. It has a black interior flap rather than the burgundy flap in current versions. Gently used condition. $3500
image1 (1).jpeg

The mini is closer to what I originally wanted but I prefer the longer flap on the new minis, and it doesn't seem like an awesome deal. The medium classic flap seems like a better deal and more valuable - not sure if the black interior flap is of concern. Thank you!

Help me choose my first (and possibly only) Chanel bag! I'm shopping pre-loved. My ideal bag would be a NEW black caviar square/rectangular mini with gold hardware... but I believe they only make them in lambskin currently. So I started to look for something pre-loved in black caviar with gold hardware but mainly wanted a good deal. These are my top contenders.

2005 to 2006 year (shorter flap) black caviar mini with gold hardware. The little turn knob on the gold lock looks a little bit faded. Otherwise described as very good condition. $2900
View attachment 4394954

2008 to 2009 year black caviar medium classic flap with silver hardware. It has a black interior flap rather than the burgundy flap in current versions. Gently used condition. $3500
View attachment 4394955

The mini is closer to what I originally wanted but I prefer the longer flap on the new minis, and it doesn't seem like an awesome deal. The medium classic flap seems like a better deal and more valuable - not sure if the black interior flap is of concern. Thank you!
Structure looks better on the medium to me. I’d vote medium!

I agree with the other post, the 2nd bag looks to be in better condition so that one gets my vote if you it’s btwn these 2. But maybe consider waiting to find something that you really want.

View attachment 4394954

View attachment 4394955

I like the 2nd bag- m/l classic flap looks new and you would get more wear out of it . I do love the gold hardware but the silver is versatile. Have you Tried other consignment shops like fashionphile or couture USA as another option to seek the bag you desire. Enjoy whatever you choose

I like the 2nd bag- m/l classic flap looks new and you would get more wear out of it . I do love the gold hardware but the silver is versatile. Have you Tried other consignment shops like fashionphile or couture USA as another option to seek the bag you desire. Enjoy whatever you choose

Thanks! I’m looking at Fashionphile but seeing close to full price on items that I like. I’ll try couture USA. I haven’t heard of it before. It’s reliable?

Thanks! I’m looking at Fashionphile but seeing close to full price on items that I like. I’ll try couture USA. I haven’t heard of it before. It’s reliable?
Yes cotureusa is reliable. The only other ones I rely on is yoogi’s and fashionphile. By the way fashionphile can be pricey sometimes even when the item is discounted ☹️ I hope you get the bag you truly love. enjoy your Sunday

I see. Do you have suggestions for where to find better condition ones? These are Fashionphile and Yoogi’s
These are from a seller in Europe. They are both lamb. Pretty sure she ships to the US. I have no affiliation with her but will often check out the site. You will need to get whatever bag you decide on authenticated. These to me are in better shape but may not interest you as they are the wrong leather. As I said I would keep looking but that's just me personally. Good luck with your search.
Screenshot_20190407-210108_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190407-210140_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Yes cotureusa is reliable. The only other ones I rely on is yoogi’s and fashionphile. By the way fashionphile can be pricey sometimes even when the item is discounted ☹️ I hope you get the bag you truly love. enjoy your Sunday
Yeah I noticed that! Might as well buy a new one but I guess not always in stock. Thank you for your time!

These are from a seller in Europe. They are both lamb. Pretty sure she ships to the US. I have no affiliation with her but will often check out the site. You will need to get whatever bag you decide on authenticated. These to me are in better shape but may not interest you as they are the wrong leather. As I said I would keep looking but that's just me personally. Good luck with your search.
View attachment 4397222 View attachment 4397223
Thank you for taking the time to check for me! Have you purchased from her before? What makes you like this site?