Tiffany New Atlas Watch - yay or nay ?

TheMrsKwok

Jul 31, 2010
Saw some new Atlas watch releases from Tiffany. Many diamonds on the dial and around the watch. The even have a diamond on the crown. Price is around $8000-9000 Aud which is $6000usd I think.

What do you think ? yay or nay ?

i am quite drawn to it but hubby is kinda nay ... IMG_1847.JPG
IMG_1848.JPGIMG_1849.JPGIMG_1631.JPG

I’m with hubby on this one nay.
having said that it’s not about me or hubby it really does look nice and elegant on your wrist but if I’d had that amount of money I wouldn’t buy it. Cartier or Rolex. Or something else. I feel Tiffany’s goods are really overpriced.
If you love it then nothing else matters? If you are in any doubt then it’s not the watch for you.

I’m with hubby on this one nay.
having said that it’s not about me or hubby it really does look nice and elegant on your wrist but if I’d had that amount of money I wouldn’t buy it. Cartier or Rolex. Or something else. I feel Tiffany’s goods are really overpriced.
If you love it then nothing else matters? If you are in any doubt then it’s not the watch for you.

Hello JAN thanks for you reply.

i was pretty set on this one. However when i told hubby he was like, maybe should check out Cartier or Rolex. That makes me hesitated a bit because he is not 100% on with this purchase.

Reactions: J.A.N.
How long do you have it for? I find the diamond so sparkly it is very hard not to resist it ... you wear it well !

Thank you so much! [emoji259] I’ve had it for 3-4 years, I believe. I have 2 other Tiffany watches, and I’ve been very happy with them. Never a big deal to get batteries changed at the boutique, unlike my Breitling, which needs to be sent away! Cartier watches are gorgeous too! Good luck with your decision!

Hello JAN thanks for you reply.

i was pretty set on this one. However when i told hubby he was like, maybe should check out Cartier or Rolex. That makes me hesitated a bit because he is not 100% on with this purchase.

I like Cartier Better than Rolex. Regret letting my Pasha watch go it was vintage and way behind the Rolex I know have: Rolex services are the problem for me. It’s annoying ha OMG to send it off and then wait ages. [emoji38]
Buy Cartier in a similar style [emoji28]
Unless this is your permanent watch for ever as it is a lot money then def buy this.
Good luck in your decision. [emoji848]
Def checkout our Rolex and Cartier before you decide.

Also from a resale point of view if you chop and change like me Cartier/ Rolex will fly out and u can get something else but a Tiffany I’m not so sure.

Love that Tiffany with “Tiffany blue” face!:drool: If you want a Tiffany watch, get a Tiffany watch. Visually, it’s so much more ‘feminine’ and classic than Rolex in my opinion. It should be your choice and not your husbands our TPFers:yes:
Enjoy choosing!

Thank you so much! [emoji259] I’ve had it for 3-4 years, I believe. I have 2 other Tiffany watches, and I’ve been very happy with them. Never a big deal to get batteries changed at the boutique, unlike my Breitling, which needs to be sent away! Cartier watches are gorgeous too! Good luck with your decision!

my local tiffany store is the most amazing store i have ever been. one of the reason why i like the watch is also because it is always such a breeze dealing with them. i know anything happen it would be easy to deal with.

i think cartier panther is pretty too. but i am not sure how easy it is to deal with them if there is a problem... if i buy it would be from a premium watch shop. i have been to their cartier store once and i would hate to go in again. The SA literally slam drawers and refuse to look at me because i didn’t buy the first two items that i asked to try on.

I like Cartier Better than Rolex. Regret letting my Pasha watch go it was vintage and way behind the Rolex I know have: Rolex services are the problem for me. It’s annoying ha OMG to send it off and then wait ages. [emoji38]
Buy Cartier in a similar style [emoji28]
Unless this is your permanent watch for ever as it is a lot money then def buy this.
Good luck in your decision. [emoji848]
Def checkout our Rolex and Cartier before you decide.

Also from a resale point of view if you chop and change like me Cartier/ Rolex will fly out and u can get something else but a Tiffany I’m not so sure.

I am pulling myself away from Rolex. i agree with you that it is annoying.

if i buy this tiffany watch it will be in my permanent collection. in more premium watch collection i have a gold and stainless steel tag heuer. that’s all. hence i think it is unlikely that i will think of reselling it ...

Reactions: J.A.N.
Love that Tiffany with “Tiffany blue” face!:drool: If you want a Tiffany watch, get a Tiffany watch. Visually, it’s so much more ‘feminine’ and classic than Rolex in my opinion. It should be your choice and not your husbands our TPFers:yes:
Enjoy choosing!

yes if i get i will get the blue one not the white one. i agree it is very feminine .... i think the diamonds are extremely sparkly making me so hard to resist

my local tiffany store is the most amazing store i have ever been. one of the reason why i like the watch is also because it is always such a breeze dealing with them. i know anything happen it would be easy to deal with.

i think cartier panther is pretty too. but i am not sure how easy it is to deal with them if there is a problem... if i buy it would be from a premium watch shop. i have been to their cartier store once and i would hate to go in again. The SA literally slam drawers and refuse to look at me because i didn’t buy the first two items that i asked to try on.

I agree with you about Tiffany customer service. I have never had anything other than a pleasant interaction at our local boutique with numerous SAs and purchasing many different pieces! I was just there today to pick up a ring which they reset for me. Wasn’t free, but it looks brand new! I have 3 of their watches, and I love that I can just go in and have the battery changed. Awhile back, I also left another watch besides the Atlas with them and had the stainless band repolished along with battery change. Again, looked brand new! I’d bet that Rolex or Cartier probably have better resale value, however. Cartier watches are absolutely gorgeous, but there is nowhere where I live to go see or purchase them. ☹️ The only Cartier boutique I’ve been in is in a Florida mall, half a world away. They were pleasant enough, but I’m leery to purchase at a place far away in case service is needed. That is awful that they were rude to you! I just don’t get that! They should be wanting to make you a happy customer who may come back to purchase other things! Good luck with your decision - get something YOU really love!! [emoji173]️ Post pictures too!

I agree with you about Tiffany customer service. I have never had anything other than a pleasant interaction at our local boutique with numerous SAs and purchasing many different pieces! I was just there today to pick up a ring which they reset for me. Wasn’t free, but it looks brand new! I have 3 of their watches, and I love that I can just go in and have the battery changed. Awhile back, I also left another watch besides the Atlas with them and had the stainless band repolished along with battery change. Again, looked brand new! I’d bet that Rolex or Cartier probably have better resale value, however. Cartier watches are absolutely gorgeous, but there is nowhere where I live to go see or purchase them. ☹️ The only Cartier boutique I’ve been in is in a Florida mall, half a world away. They were pleasant enough, but I’m leery to purchase at a place far away in case service is needed. That is awful that they were rude to you! I just don’t get that! They should be wanting to make you a happy customer who may come back to purchase other things! Good luck with your decision - get something YOU really love!! [emoji173]️ Post pictures too!

i am the same as you. Having Tiffany close to me is really convenient for the service in case i need it.

As for Cartier, perhaps i didn’t dress nicely enough for them. I was wearing gym attire. i am indeed not rich enough to buy a cartier watch or the love bangle just like that. I will need to save my money, try it on a few times, definitely loving it and get it on my birthday/ christmas. i guess i wasn’t the targeted consumer crowd they wanted.

lucky enough we have a local watch shop that stock rolex and cartier (omega too). They are nice people so i still have that option.

Reactions: PamK