Gold hardware wear

Inspir!t

Mar 23, 2019
I really want a red rectangular mini with gold hardware, but it's almost impossible to find. I found a red rectangular mini with silver hardware, which even though not as pretty as red w/ gold, is still pretty. Does the gold hardware get scratched easily and change color to silver? I'm pretty clumsy so the hardware might get scratched easily. If that's the case perhaps it doesn't matter much whether I get silver or gold hardware. Thank you!

I really want a red rectangular mini with gold hardware, but it's almost impossible to find. I found a red rectangular mini with silver hardware, which even though not as pretty as red w/ gold, is still pretty. Does the gold hardware get scratched easily and change color to silver? I'm pretty clumsy so the hardware might get scratched easily. If that's the case perhaps it doesn't matter much whether I get silver or gold hardware. Thank you!
Actually no. Chanel cc hardware is excellent quality it doesn't change colour. I have vintage over 20 years old gold plate is almost perfect. The new ones too. However the reissue gold hardware seems to fade not sure why...

Reactions: Inspir!t

I've seen some GHW turned silver in some spots (mostly the nose) but then again, I don't know how the owner took care of it. I tend to baby my bags so my GHW is on the pristine side. I also have some 3 series vintage pieces and the GHW is still a gleaming deep yellow.

Reactions: Inspir!t
Hey there. Just purchased my FIRST flap bag, preloaded! It's a 24 series. The GHW has turned silver in some spots..mostly on the nose. Not noticeable when wearing, only when you look super close at the HW. I know that leather surgeons can re-dip GHW (check out youtube). I might do that in a few years, but for now, it's perfect!

Attachments

• IMG_0931.JPG
    IMG_0931.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    332.8 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0855.jpg
    IMG_0855.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 420
Actually no. Chanel cc hardware is excellent quality it doesn't change colour. I have vintage over 20 years old gold plate is almost perfect. The new ones too. However the reissue gold hardware seems to fade not sure why...
Did you buy yours long time ago (maybe the quality went down nowadays? At least I heard the leather quality is not as good as old chanel bags).
I also love the reissue but the resell value seems to be not good. Reissue in what color+hardware combo have <= resell value of classic flap in what color+hardware combo? Thank you :smile:

Hey there. Just purchased my FIRST flap bag, preloaded! It's a 24 series. The GHW has turned silver in some spots..mostly on the nose. Not noticeable when wearing, only when you look super close at the HW. I know that leather surgeons can re-dip GHW (check out youtube). I might do that in a few years, but for now, it's perfect!
I would not worry about it, it’s part of the vintage charm. Beautiful bag - enjoy!

Hi guys,

I bought the vintage Chanel (6- series so made in year2001) beige color.

I got authenticated, however the gold hardware is worried me as it look pale gold. It doesn't have a deep yellowish of 24k plated. However, the chain has deeper yellow tone. I wonder the previous owner repaired it.

When I compared with my black classic flap (new version year 2019), this has much deeper yellow tone.

Does anyone come across having light gold plate in vintage?

Hope to get your thoughts on this please.:smile:

Attachments

• 8ECE0CAA-0ECC-47E3-87F1-297504084086.jpeg
    8ECE0CAA-0ECC-47E3-87F1-297504084086.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 08FE387D-8313-47D6-B459-FAF9AD195374.jpeg
    08FE387D-8313-47D6-B459-FAF9AD195374.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 15