Tokidoki Amigurumi

sparklyseahorse

Tater Salad
Apr 10, 2007
Maybe this is not the right place, but do any of you all do amigurumi of the Toki characters? I was going to try to do a couple, I've started on a Mou Mou but I don't think it's coming out right...anyone have pictures of ones they've tried? Sorry if this thread is misplaced, I don't know any other forum of Tokidoki.
Hmmm...maybe I'll try a Latte.....

Maybe this is not the right place, but do any of you all do amigurumi of the Toki characters? I was going to try to do a couple, I've started on a Mou Mou but I don't think it's coming out right...anyone have pictures of ones they've tried? Sorry if this thread is misplaced, I don't know any other forum of Tokidoki.
Hmmm...maybe I'll try a Latte.....

I don't, but after googling it, I think that I definitely want to learn how to do it.

I would love to see your finished product.

Ms. Kula_bear, amigurumi means "small knitted/crocheted toy" in Japanese (as I've been told!). I will post some pictures here in a bit, if I figure it out how to load in pics.
I've been crocheting for a while, but this is new for me. I'm working on a "Toki-insipired" toy right now from a pattern I created....it looks goofy, but it's fun! :P

Okay.....now you all are in for a letdown, I tried my best! I don't think the puppy likes the cat...:roflmfao: On the left is "Beatnik Boy"....it's not EXACTLY Toki...I'm working on it!
amigurumi.jpg

I haven't seen any kits for it- the things I've read, though, say that amigurumi must be single crochet, and if worked in the round, must be spiraled (American crochet "jumps up" to the next row- the Japanese way doesn't supposedly). I think it's just a matter of grabbing some yarn of any color and just see what happens!
Most patterns I've seen build up from 6 sc in the round, and increases 6 sc every round until the size is met, then no increase a few rounds, then decreasing back. Use a smaller hook than you normally would- it really does help make the stitches tight so the stuffing doesn't show.
Thnaks for the compliment Kula_Bear!! :smile: