Saint Laurent's Subtle New Look - SS19

Aug 17, 2016
They've moved on from the big metal logo - how do you feel about the new look?

Attachments

• 7717763B-5D5C-43C0-B374-8793D84B376C.jpeg
    7717763B-5D5C-43C0-B374-8793D84B376C.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,207
  • 9123ACFD-72CF-41C6-939D-60E9D25E94BC.jpeg
    9123ACFD-72CF-41C6-939D-60E9D25E94BC.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,217
  • F5D31B59-7A08-4625-A827-71A5CB9C0B64.jpeg
    F5D31B59-7A08-4625-A827-71A5CB9C0B64.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,206
  • EA049F90-7C08-42A2-A1BD-FDAB5612A22D.jpeg
    EA049F90-7C08-42A2-A1BD-FDAB5612A22D.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,221
I picked up a jumbo Tribeca and am thinking about getting a leopard Talitha (we'll see if it makes the sale markdown). Also, interested in the Datcha. I was anticipating the Manhattan as well, but was not as enthused once I saw it in person (kinda too similar to things I have/had).

Though, these didn't interest me due the lack of/subtlety of the logo....moreso their aesthetic. I actually already have a few SLs without the logo and some without even SL printed on them.....which I bought for the same reason.

They've moved on from the big metal logo - how do you feel about the new look?
I like the 61 bag with the embossed logo. It’s good that they share designing bags that appeal to minimalist. Sometimes for work etc you may need a tote bag like the manhattan that has the Saint Laurent name gold bar but more discreet.

However I will always love the YSL logo, in my eyes it’s such a beautiful classic design. I go to YSL when I want something chic, classic and a bit of a statement. I feel the logo is like Chanel’s classic CC logo.

I’d be curious to see a SL Manhattan in person, defo looks like an Hermès look-alike... not sure how I feel about it. I’m drawn to it but I find I don’t use my two big Saint Laurent bags because they’re both heavy and the leather scratches soooo easily.

I’d be curious to see a SL Manhattan in person, defo looks like an Hermès look-alike... not sure how I feel about it. I’m drawn to it but I find I don’t use my two big Saint Laurent bags because they’re both heavy and the leather scratches soooo easily.
I’ve seen the Manhattan bag in person. It’s not heavy but it will definitely scratch easily.

The first two bags look like Rebecca Minkoff w/out the logo.

I second this... or something from the discount rack at Zara

I am liking this new closure assembly. Somehow I wish that fashion brands would invest more on creating their own signature closure hardware that’s easy to operate rather than slapping logos on everything and just use a normal magnetic closure.

The Manhattan is really amazing in person but the largest size is way too big.

For the Monogram All Over it would be really magical if they brought back the monogram canvas which only appeared for one season from Hedi Slimane era.

It's like the right and the left sides of the company's brain are not communicating lately. First they let someone change the name to SL(o)P, now some the bags look like generic 1980s dept store bags. I don't dislike these bags and I do like the embossed (a reissue of a vintage bag) but I would't be paying YSL prices for one.

Usually I'm an advocate of understated chic but the Iconic Cassandre designed YSL (designed 1961) is often the whole point of the bags. They are accessories to enliven an outfit, worn like costume jewellery, nonchalance and Rive Gauche spirit. I get they are trying to get in front of the no-logo wave plus great hardware is the most expensive part of a bag to make but these are too anonymous, too medium, too ubiquitous. These bags need a little something extra.

It's like the right and the left sides of the company's brain are not communicating lately. First they let someone change the name to SL(o)P, now some the bags look like generic 1980s dept store bags. I don't dislike these bags and I do like the embossed (a reissue of a vintage bag) but I would't be paying YSL prices for one.

Usually I'm an advocate of understated chic but the Iconic Cassandre designed YSL (designed 1961) is often the whole point of the bags. They are accessories to enliven an outfit, worn like costume jewellery, nonchalance and Rive Gauche spirit. I get they are trying to get in front of the no-logo wave plus great hardware is the most expensive part of a bag to make but these are too anonymous, too medium, too ubiquitous. These bags need a little something extra.

Totally agree. If you're going to have non-logo bags, you'll have to have recognizable designs. SLP needs to take notes on how Chloe does their bags.

I don't like it, but they are not allowed to use the Yves name anymore so they had to change the name to SLOP. I had a feeling this would happen and the logo would go to just SL or something smaller.