Defects on new bag

Classy_Sam

Jul 22, 2014
Hi all,

I bought my BA 3 weeks ago. After opening the box i immediatly saw multiple flaws on the bag. Went to Chanel and my SA ordered me a new one.. which was even worse. So I didn’t Exchange bags.

I’m taking my bag in on wednesday for a store credit (as my refund/Exchange period is almost to an end). I was wondering, can I ask my SA to order another one? Or do they only do that once? I really want this seasons BA because of the matte caviar lghw combo and I’m kinda afraid that in a year time (validation of the store credit) there won’t be another BA in the collections with the quilted on the flap. There’s only one Chanel boutique where I live so I can’t check other stores.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Why didn't you ask if you could see another when you turned down the replacement? I'm sure if there are any left the SA can try & get one for you. By waiting , they could be now sold out. If anything maybe try tracking one down from any source and take the other back before your return period ends.

Why didn't you ask if you could see another when you turned down the replacement? I'm sure if there are any left the SA can try & get one for you. By waiting , they could be now sold out. If anything maybe try tracking one down from any source and take the other back before your return period ends.

Because there where no other ones in store.
My SA already got the replacement bag from another store.

I was just wondering if it’s possible my SA tries to find another one for me, since I turned the replacement bag down she got from another store for me. Or is the Chanel policy that they only order a new one/ try to find another one, once? I’m fairly new so don’t know how this process works.

I could text my SA to see if that’s possible but I feel I already texted her to much about my bag being defected.[emoji5]

Damn. Another quality issue. I’m sorry it happened to you too. :sad:

I’ve just had my own Chanel quality issue as well and I’ll find time to write about it and share with everyone here when I’m over the frustration.

I want to get more Chanel bags, but if the quality has gone this bag then... bye.

Reactions: Classy_Sam
Because there where no other ones in store.
My SA already got the replacement bag from another store.

I was just wondering if it’s possible my SA tries to find another one for me, since I turned the replacement bag down she got from another store for me. Or is the Chanel policy that they only order a new one/ try to find another one, once? I’m fairly new so don’t know how this process works.

I could text my SA to see if that’s possible but I feel I already texted her to much about my bag being defected.[emoji5]

Well you won't know unless you ask, none of us can answer if she'll try to help you or not. I understand if you don't want to bother her again, but she obviously knows you were unhappy and left without a replacement. So why not give it a try before your time is up? Just let her know how much you loved this particular combo and you're afraid that even if Chanel brings the BA back again, it won't be the same so if possible you'd still like to try & exchange rather than give up.

Hi all,

I bought my BA 3 weeks ago. After opening the box i immediatly saw multiple flaws on the bag. Went to Chanel and my SA ordered me a new one.. which was even worse. So I didn’t Exchange bags.

I’m taking my bag in on wednesday for a store credit (as my refund/Exchange period is almost to an end). I was wondering, can I ask my SA to order another one? Or do they only do that once? I really want this seasons BA because of the matte caviar lghw combo and I’m kinda afraid that in a year time (validation of the store credit) there won’t be another BA in the collections with the quilted on the flap. There’s only one Chanel boutique where I live so I can’t check other stores.

Thanks!
I would definitely ask them if they could get a(nother) replacement. I'm sure they've seen the issues you reported with both bags, so they should understand why you wouldn't want to take the first replacement. It is pretty disappointing to pay such a high price tag to end up with a flawed bag.
Also, I don't see why they wouldn't try to help you and make you happy. This only translates into more sales for them in the future, after all.
Good luck!

Also, I own the BA bag from when it first came out in 2016, I think (not positive this was the first year, though), and although it's been sitting in my closet unworn ever since, I don't see any issues with the quilting. Interesting that the QC has been lacking!

Reactions: Classy_Sam
Well you won't know unless you ask, none of us can answer if she'll try to help you or not. I understand if you don't want to bother her again, but she obviously knows you were unhappy and left without a replacement. So why not give it a try before your time is up? Just let her know how much you loved this particular combo and you're afraid that even if Chanel brings the BA back again, it won't be the same so if possible you'd still like to try & exchange rather than give up.

Thanks for the reply. I will text her Tomorrow and ask if she can order me another one. She’s seen the flaws and said it’s not normal, ordered the other bag and said that that one also had the same issues...
I told her I really love this combo. With all this info, I will ask her (again) tomorrow.

I would definitely ask them if they could get a(nother) replacement. I'm sure they've seen the issues you reported with both bags, so they should understand why you wouldn't want to take the first replacement. It is pretty disappointing to pay such a high price tag to end up with a flawed bag.
Also, I don't see why they wouldn't try to help you and make you happy. This only translates into more sales for them in the future, after all.
Good luck!

Also, I own the BA bag from when it first came out in 2016, I think (not positive this was the first year, though), and although it's been sitting in my closet unworn ever since, I don't see any issues with the quilting. Interesting that the QC has been lacking!

Thanks for the reply. I have a very good relationship with my SA, and bought a lot from her in a year time. I will text her again and ask if she wants to order a new one for me. [emoji1317]

Regarding the qc;
I didn’t see the flaws untill further inspection at home. Not only the stitching on the corners is very bad, but the leather is also peeling on multiple places of the bag. I’m starting to think this bag was not “new out of the box”, seen the state that it’a in, there was no paper inside the bag and the black cloth between the flap and the base of the bag (you know what I mean?) was not there. The stickers did where still on the hardware..

Thanks for the reply. I have a very good relationship with my SA, and bought a lot from her in a year time. I will text her again and ask if she wants to order a new one for me. [emoji1317]

Regarding the qc;
I didn’t see the flaws untill further inspection at home. Not only the stitching on the corners is very bad, but the leather is also peeling on multiple places of the bag. I’m starting to think this bag was not “new out of the box”, seen the state that it’a in, there was no paper inside the bag and the black cloth between the flap and the base of the bag (you know what I mean?) was not there. The stickers did where still on the hardware..

Yes, definitely reach out to her, then! I really don't see why that would be a bother to her (I mean, in my opinion, it's much more of a bother to you!).

Ah, I see. I still think it's odd, though; do they accept returns and try to resell bags without carefully looking them over? The least they could do is put all the "cosmetics" back in place.
And yeah, I know what you mean, I always store mine with the black cloth! Though the protective stickers on the hardware are admittedly the first to go.

Yes, definitely reach out to her, then! I really don't see why that would be a bother to her (I mean, in my opinion, it's much more of a bother to you!).

Ah, I see. I still think it's odd, though; do they accept returns and try to resell bags without carefully looking them over? The least they could do is put all the "cosmetics" back in place.
And yeah, I know what you mean, I always store mine with the black cloth! Though the protective stickers on the hardware are admittedly the first to go.

It is a bother to me actually yes. Been thinking about it all weekend. I’m so bummed that an expensive bag like this has these flaws. And I’m also bummed that I have to bring it back (again). [emoji849]