Red Classic Flap?

Sylly

Apr 18, 2018
A red mini has been on my wish list for a while now, but I haven’t seen the right one yet - I want a true red with not too much orange tones in it.
I will be in Paris is a few weeks, and my BFF and I plan on visiting as many Chanel Boutiques as possible. I know this seasons mini leans very orange, so I know that even if I find one available, it is likely that I will pass on it.

But I am wondering if there is a chance that either a small or medium/large classic flap bag would be available in a true red this season? Does anyone know?

And if not, I saw a beautful true red Business Afinity bag here on this forum. Are they hard to find?

I am also open to a true red Boy.

Thanks for any help and insight for my quest for the perfect True Red Chanel.

True red is so hard to find! I have not seen anything this season in true red - just that red-orange. My avatar is true red and it is from some years past - maybe 2011? Good luck in your journey!

Reactions: Sylly
Oh your red jumbo is gorgeous!

Yeah, I figured as much that the hunt for a true red would not be easy. I passed on a true red Boy last year because I want shiny hardware instead of ruthenium. There were several orange red boys last year, then suddenly my SA found a gorgeous true red chevron. But at that price point I didn’t want to settle on hw. I have not seen another true red since that bag.

So the hunt continues :smile:

Yes, I think that is what I will end up doing. I do like the blue toned 18B (I think that is right name of season that has the dark pink that looks red) or some of the really true reds like 17c, 15c, 12a, etc. I saw a gorgeous 15 series red mini on mytimelessluxuries last year, but while I was thinking about it, someone snapped it up. So I know once I decide to actively look at the pre-loved market, I have to act quickly.

I went to Paris mid-February and didn’t come across or seen any “true red”. The reds I seen had orange tones in it which I personally am not a fan of.

I recently ended up buying a 17B red preloved and it’s gorgeous [emoji7]

Sometimes the preloved route is the best route to go!

Hope you can find the perfect red bag [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

A red mini has been on my wish list for a while now, but I haven’t seen the right one yet - I want a true red with not too much orange tones in it.
I will be in Paris is a few weeks, and my BFF and I plan on visiting as many Chanel Boutiques as possible. I know this seasons mini leans very orange, so I know that even if I find one available, it is likely that I will pass on it.

But I am wondering if there is a chance that either a small or medium/large classic flap bag would be available in a true red this season? Does anyone know?

And if not, I saw a beautful true red Business Afinity bag here on this forum. Are they hard to find?

I am also open to a true red Boy.

Thanks for any help and insight for my quest for the perfect True Red Chanel.
I don’t know if you are interested- but I saw a red aged calfskin reissue- antique golf hardware size 225 about 1 month ago in NYC soho boutique. It’s a long shot if it is still there- worth calling? But it is the RIGHT red. Good luck