Which two bags should I sell out of these three? Opinion on the Boy Bag?

Should I sell the Boy or the Mini flap?

• Boy

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Mini

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters

Anesthestia

Nov 7, 2017
I've made the decision to sell some bags to put money towards savings. Since these three are a very similar combination (all have black leather, gold hardware), I've singled them out and want to sell two of the three.

I have: (1) medium Business Affinity, (2) Mini Flap in chevron lambskin gold hardware, (3) old medium Chanel Boy in aged gold hardware. All are excellent condition. The Mini Flap and Business Affinity sell for around the same while the Boy

I'm thinking I'll definitely sell the Affinity, but I can't pick between the Mini Flap and the Boy. They're both pretty new as I just bought it around December, while the Mini is from the summer 2018. I love the look of both but I'm a little worried about the value of the Boy as I've heard so many debates about whether or not it's classic, and now that Karl Lagerfeld has passed, I'm not sure what impact that might make on Chanel! I believe the Mini could only go up in value, but it is a lambskin. (I also have a Mini in quilted caviar, silver hardware that I'm not selling.) I'm semi concerned about the value since reselling in the future is always an option. I'm not sure how both bags will wear in the future; I've heard lots of things about how the Boy doesn't wear well in corners, but lots of people have also said the lambskin on the Mini is delicate-- tho I feel it isn't.

Any opinions on the value of the Boy and whether it could possibly get discontinued or plummet even more in popularity? Do you think it's a classic? I'm really struggling and I don't know which direction the Boy could go.

[e] I also just ordered a mini Coco handle in green, gold hardware, from Fashionphile, if that helps any.

Last edited:
People love minis so that’s why they’re telling you to sell the boy. I’ve read that the boy is outselling the classic flap - not sure in which country. I personally love the boy! I have no idea why so many are telling you to sell that bag. I guess it depends on which day you ask people’s opinions, and who’s on this forum on any given day.
Thanks for input! I've never heard that before, that's interesting!
I love both the CF and boy, my problem with the boy is just that I'm extremely worried about the longevity... Don't know if the popularity will go down more and more and Chanel will eventually discontinue the style, like they did with the cambon collection (also very popular before) and the GST (which was originally deemed part of the classic collection as well). Same feeling with the gabrielle chanel bag, I'm just not sure about the longevity.

Do you have any thoughts about longevity?

Thanks for input! I've never heard that before, that's interesting!
I love both the CF and boy, my problem with the boy is just that I'm extremely worried about the longevity... Don't know if the popularity will go down more and more and Chanel will eventually discontinue the style, like they did with the cambon collection (also very popular before) and the GST (which was originally deemed part of the classic collection as well). Same feeling with the gabrielle chanel bag, I'm just not sure about the longevity.

Do you have any thoughts about longevity?

I’ve been to a number of designer fashion shows and the audience was equally divided between carrying the boy & classic flap. I can’t predict the future but I imagine the three premiere designs to own are the classic flap, reissue & boy. The flap design is signature Chanel - and all three are configured this way. The other designs that went out of style are not flap bags. The Gabrielle is not my favorite, but people want a more practical alternative to the flap. I don’t own a Gabrielle because I don’t love it but that can change if they come out with a transformative color. I think the mini bag obsession is a phase, and I have no idea for how long.

Reactions: lovieluvslux
Funny your writing about this for i have a friend searching high and low for a boy through a Facebook Chanel buy and sell group. There’s none to be found. (She’s not looking for new) but still. No one is selling any. I do see a lot of classic flaps for sale (jumbo and MED) i think people gravitate these days to crossbody bags

Reactions: WillWork4Fashion
I would personally sell both the mini and the boy. Minis sell well now so I would sell it to make the most out of it, given you have another mini in caviar already. I also think the boy is not classic enough and it will not hold its value in the long run so sell it while demand is still there.

People love minis so that’s why they’re telling you to sell the boy. I’ve read that the boy is outselling the classic flap - not sure in which country. I personally love the boy! I have no idea why so many are telling you to sell that bag. I guess it depends on which day you ask people’s opinions, and who’s on this forum on any given day.
Actually, some just don't like the look of the Boy. Personal taste.

Reactions: BettyLouboo