Parting ways with my Favorite PM DA...

shelli1039

Mar 21, 2014
I’ve stared at it for 2 weeks and finally decided that I want a bigger bag and no vachetta. I feel like I should love it, I know it is sought after but what I really want is a cream color empreinte speedy or or something like that for summer (which is not something they make currently). I’m more of a small wristlet or else a Pochette Metis type. The Favorite PM falls in between and I just don’t think I will use it. So as much as I stalked and stalked, it will go back. Anyway, if anyone in the King of Prussia area has been stalking it, they will have this one to sell within next couple of days.

that's the cheapest bag you can buy from LV now from now on unless you can find Pochette acessories, nothing is going to be under $1000. I would keep it or give it as a gift to someone I'm close to. I'm right now stocking up all these bags that around $1,000 or under.

that's the cheapest bag you can buy from LV now from now on unless you can find Pochette acessories, nothing is going to be under $1000. I would keep it or give it as a gift to someone I'm close to. I'm right now stocking up all these bags that around $1,000 or under.
Stocking up on things under $1,000 may not work for everyone especially if they want to put the money towards something they’d use. Doesn’t seem like from OP’s post she’s looking for the cheapest/bag under $1,000. Not everyone gives gifts worth a few hundred dollars or has someone to gift such an expense item...

I may not have a popular opinion with this but I do not understand "stocking up" on thousands of dollars of items just because they are limited. It is a bad cycle because people scooping up items that they really don't want causes them to in fact become limited.
OP I think it is a good idea to return if you do not see yourself using the bag. What about the new cream colored Empreinte Saintonge?

haha, when the time comes poeople are paying $1,500 and upwards for the tiny newly designed small bags and these more practical and many ways to wear $1,000 and under bags such as Eva clutch, Pochette acessories and Favoirtes will be so much more appreciated. Yeah, $1,000 stock up seems a lot of money to some people who maybe just start buying into more expensive bags, but $1,000 is almost the lowest price point for luxury brand bags.

And they are so hard to get! only got 3 so far and that's after texting my SAs almost everyday!

Last edited:
Reactions: shelli1039
Stocking up on things under $1,000 may not work for everyone especially if they want to put the money towards something they’d use. Doesn’t seem like from OP’s post she’s looking for the cheapest/bag under $1,000. Not everyone gives gifts worth a few hundred dollars or has someone to gift such an expense item...

Thank you - couldn’t have said it better! I’m just looking for something useful and not the lowest price point (and also not the highest). Also right on point as far as the potential for a gift - this is not in the price range of gifts we gift in my family or circle of friends. It’s a great “in between” bag for someone looking for that. I’m hoping someone is ecstatic when they find it in my local store and wears it well!

I may not have a popular opinion with this but I do not understand "stocking up" on thousands of dollars of items just because they are limited. It is a bad cycle because people scooping up items that they really don't want causes them to in fact become limited.
OP I think it is a good idea to return if you do not see yourself using the bag. What about the new cream colored Empreinte Saintonge?

That’s definitely one of the bags I want to look at when I take this one back (maybe today even). That one seems like it has possibilities!

Reactions: karman
haha, when the time comes poeople are paying $1,500 and upwards for the tiny newly designed small bags and these more practical and many ways to wear $1,000 and under bags such as Eva clutch, Pochette acessories and Favoirtes will be so much more appreciated. Yeah, $1,000 stock up seems a lot of money to some people who maybe just start buying into more expensive bags, but $1,000 is almost the lowest price point for luxury brand bags.

And they are so hard to get! only got 3 so far and that's after texting my SAs almost everyday!

That’s great you got money to burn. $1,000 or $1,500, if I don’t get use out of them then the price I paid or how much money I “saved” doesn’t really matter.

Reactions: Cthai and onlyk
That’s great you got money to burn. $1,000 or $1,500, if I don’t get use out of them then the price I paid or how much money I “saved” doesn’t really matter.
Agree with you that is waste of money if not used. I am planing to use them of course or give them out as gifts, such as weddings, a wedding would cost me $1,000 and more for travel expense, hotels, gifts etc and don't even count on the money I'm losing when I'm not working. So instead of going to attend the wedding that I don't have to be present, I may just send a bag like that as gift, ha.

I also still remember the “good old days” when a Speedy was $600... even at that time knowing all the price increases, I don’t remember hearing about stocking up on speedys.
Becasue we didn't think like that at that time, otherwise I would had stocked up Chanel double flap s or m in black with gold or silver hardware! Thank god at least bought one.

Reactions: OCMomof3 and karman