Saint Laurent YSL Niki Bag

Just can’t decide between YSL niki “storm” color or balenciaga city edge gris acier small i am afraid that the distress leather will get boring on ysl niki but i am looking for something classy and lightweight
I have balenciaga city classsic in gris fossile, but I plan on buying a niki medium in storm soon. Balenciaga is definitely my everyday bag, but I love the chain on niki. People told me that the glazed leather on niki won't get boring at all. I personally find balenciaga more casual... Sorry maybe this doesn't help.

My bag arrived today (large in black with silver hw) from Mytheresa, there was some glue residue on the front of the bag but I cleaned it off quite easily.

This may be a really stupid question, but are the chains on the bag meant to look this tarnished? I can't tell if they are supposed to from other pictures. Please help! :smile:

IMG_5298.JPG

My bag arrived today (large in black with silver hw) from Mytheresa, there was some glue residue on the front of the bag but I cleaned it off quite easily.

This may be a really stupid question, but are the chains on the bag meant to look this tarnished? I can't tell if they are supposed to from other pictures. Please help! :smile:

View attachment 4364069
Yes. That is the look. Enjoy the bag!

Reactions: deepsouthgypsy

View attachment 4364069

Yep. Brushed metal look. Do u find the chains heavy?

I have balenciaga city classsic in gris fossile, but I plan on buying a niki medium in storm soon. Balenciaga is definitely my everyday bag, but I love the chain on niki. People told me that the glazed leather on niki won't get boring at all. I personally find balenciaga more casual... Sorry maybe this doesn't help.

Hahaaa ikr! Does your balenciaga hurt your shoulder when you wear it all day? I’ve never tried a balenciaga irl but i heard that it’s kinda heavy.. and maybe niki is more lightweight? Have you tried a niki before? Thanks:biggrin:

Just ordered the large Niki in black! I couldn't resist thanks to everyone's lovely pics here, oops :biggrin:

I'm a bit worried that it might be too large for my short frame, but while I love the medium it has similar dimensions to my Balenciaga City S and I wanted something that would fit a little more, but isn't as large as my current every day bag, the YSL Shopping tote.

Now to wait patiently until it ships... :nuts:
Hellooo :] does your balenciaga S hurt your shoulder when you wear it all day? I am in a though decision between balenciaga Met edge S n medium niki all black/storm

I need something lightweight, casual but not too casual ( i mean losing the luxury feels of the bag)
And iam a lil bit worry that the crinkled look in niki will get boring and i’ve always love the gold hardware on balenciaga

Thanksss :biggrin:

Yes. That is the look. Enjoy the bag!
Thank you!

Yep. Brushed metal look. Do u find the chains heavy?
Thanks a lot! The chains aren't as heavy as they look, but they're quite substantial, more so than the chains on my small loulou.

Hellooo :] does your balenciaga S hurt your shoulder when you wear it all day? I am in a though decision between balenciaga Met edge S n medium niki all black/storm

I need something lightweight, casual but not too casual ( i mean losing the luxury feels of the bag)
And iam a lil bit worry that the crinkled look in niki will get boring and i’ve always love the gold hardware on balenciaga

Thanksss :biggrin:
Hey! I have the metallic edge too, but the all black hardware version. Without delving too much as this is the Saint Laurent section, I think the ME version is slightly heavier than the equivalent lambskin Cities because of the hardware. However in saying that, because it's the Small version I can't really put too much in there for it to feel that heavy. On a regular day I have my card holder, LV key pouch with car & house keys, a small pouch for misc. items and a small water bottle and it's honestly not that heavy or noticeable for me. Hope that helps, feel free to PM me if you have any questions :smile:

Thank you!

Thanks a lot! The chains aren't as heavy as they look, but they're quite substantial, more so than the chains on my small loulou.

Hey! I have the metallic edge too, but the all black hardware version. Without delving too much as this is the Saint Laurent section, I think the ME version is slightly heavier than the equivalent lambskin Cities because of the hardware. However in saying that, because it's the Small version I can't really put too much in there for it to feel that heavy. On a regular day I have my card holder, LV key pouch with car & house keys, a small pouch for misc. items and a small water bottle and it's honestly not that heavy or noticeable for me. Hope that helps, feel free to PM me if you have any questions :smile:

Thankssssss

I’ve attached some real life reference pics of the large Niki in black tulip if anyone’s interested.

Front: love the vintage look of the leather and how the YSL logo blends inView attachment 3993825
Back pocket: big enough to fit a larger IPAD; also has hidden magnets at the top to secure the smaller items you may place in thereView attachment 3993826

Interior: has two compartments-(i) a large back compartment that will fit up to a 12 in laptop (the one pictured is 11 inch…but I also tried a 12 inch); that compartment also has two pockets, a large zippered pocket at the back and a smaller slit/open pocket in the front and (ii) a smaller nice sized front compartment.View attachment 3993828 View attachment 3993829

Overall a very nice bag for the price. I usually avoid paying retail, but this one seems to pack a lot of bang for the buck given its size and functionality (so paying retail is more justifiable for me than say a medium College/Kate which are around the same price but much smaller). There also seems to be limited availability for this style given the high demand….so who knows if they’ll even still be available come sale season
As many wonder how the bag wears, I figured I'd post a condition update as the 1 year anniversary for my large Black Tulip recently passed
20190309_095809.jpg 20190309_095750.jpg 20190309_095723.jpg 20190309_095705.jpg 20190309_095643.jpg
...still looks great IMO and not seeing any issues of concern:tup:

HTH

I have just ordered this bag and wondered if anyone had any experience they could share about wear on the leather? It’s matte croc embossed leather. I love the look but not sure if I’d be better with the more patent finish?

Any advice appreciated!!!

IMG_2358.JPG

Reactions: SarinaLV
Hahaaa ikr! Does your balenciaga hurt your shoulder when you wear it all day? I’ve never tried a balenciaga irl but i heard that it’s kinda heavy.. and maybe niki is more lightweight? Have you tried a niki before? Thanks:biggrin:
Saw this only now. My balenciaga never hurt my shoulder. And the classic is not heavy. I went to a YSL store to try the niki, and it seems to be lightweight as well although it has a chain.