10 motif as bracelet? Help choosing first piece.

Which one for a first piece?

• 5 motif bracelet

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • 10 motif necklace

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters

NurseAnn

O.G.
Apr 10, 2009
Hello! Forgive me if this topic has already been discussed. I did a search and could not find many pictures. Yesterday I purchased my first VCA piece: the 5motif MOP VA bracelet. It is stunning! Normally I plan out my purchases more, but with this item I purchased out of sheer love. After I got home, I got to thinking of how I would like to build my VCA collection and wondered if the bracelet was the correct choice for a first piece and if I should have selected the 10 motif necklace first as eventually I would love to have a 20motif necklace.

A little bit of background on me. I am a mom and lead a pretty casual life. I wear a size 17 love bracelet (but could have gotten away with a 16) and love to stack with it. I am 5ft tall. I would really like whichever item I choose to function primarily as a bracelet but also can’t stop thinking about my ultimate goal of having a 20motif. Would you

A) Keep the bracelet and save (seemingly forever) for a 10/20 motif down the line

B)Buy a 10 motif and wrap it multiple times.

Any photos of the 10motif worn as a bracelet would be much appreciated! Here is the beauty currently in my possession.

Attachments

• 71623184-746D-443E-8211-69B72B4A2F88.jpeg
    71623184-746D-443E-8211-69B72B4A2F88.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 619
You can’t really wear the 10 motif as a bracelet. It’s not the same length as 2 x 5-motif bracelets.

That’s good to know! I am quite new to the brand and thought I saw recommendations to wear it wrapped twice but didn’t see photos so this must be the reason why! Thank you for your feedback.

Reactions: BBC
That’s good to know! I am quite new to the brand and thought I saw recommendations to wear it wrapped twice but didn’t see photos so this must be the reason why! Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, it’s hard to explain but the 10-motif really does not work for me as a bracelet - at the end there’s too much left to let it hang, and not enough to wrap again.

Reactions: AnaBeavTheOG
Yes, it’s hard to explain but the 10-motif really does not work for me as a bracelet - at the end there’s too much left to let it hang, and not enough to wrap again.

Thank you for explaining! I think I see what you mean. Do you think it would look weird with a 2” extender to make it wrap 3x? I’m starting to come to terms with the fact that I just need to save for both. My wishlist is growing so long!

Reactions: Bee-licious
Thank you for explaining! I think I see what you mean. Do you think it would look weird with a 2” extender to make it wrap 3x? I’m starting to come to terms with the fact that I just need to save for both. My wishlist is growing so long!

I think you will have to try it, but yes - you’d have to hide the extender somehow.

Just an FYI: I had my VA 10 motif rose gold necklace extended (permanently) by VCA to 18" and can wrap it around my wrist three times with no problem. Hope this helps. 20190309_211255.jpg20190309_211414.jpg

Just an FYI: I had my VA 10 motif rose gold necklace extended (permanently) by VCA to 18" and can wrap it around my wrist three times with no problem. Hope this helps. View attachment 4367476View attachment 4367477

You’re my hero! Thank you so much. It looks beautiful on you. This is exactly the picture I’d hoped for. Only problem is that I keep adding to my ever-growing list.

Reactions: baghagg

I wear my 10 motif as a triple wrapped bracelet with a 2" extender. I find that I never notice the extender amongst all the motifs.

20190310_143149.jpg 20190310_143221.jpg