Vintage Pieces. is it worth it the buy?

Recently I have found the cutest little vintage piece. Naturally, I just HAD to have it for my collection. Once I submitted my order, I found myself asking what the future value of this piece would be. Although, I have done my time with countless hours of research it seems to me that I am having a hard time determining the future value of some pieces I am interested in. I came here today looking for Louis Vuitton Experts or even just enthusiasts like myself, to help guide me with the potential future value of my latest vintage find.

1998 LV Bleecker Box in the color mint.
now I do know there is limited "production" of this piece and that recently LV released a remake of this very piece.
  • So, I am wondering any estimations on the possible future value?

Recently I have found the cutest little vintage piece. Naturally, I just HAD to have it for my collection. Once I submitted my order, I found myself asking what the future value of this piece would be. Although, I have done my time with countless hours of research it seems to me that I am having a hard time determining the future value of some pieces I am interested in. I came here today looking for Louis Vuitton Experts or even just enthusiasts like myself, to help guide me with the potential future value of my latest vintage find.

now I do know there is limited "production" of this piece and that recently LV released a remake of this very piece.
If it makes your heart sing go for it. That's how i rate my purchases.

Isn't this really a thread about speculation buying and reselling?

If you intend to make money by obtaining vintage LV with the hope of lovely profit down the road, chances are high that you will take a bath. There is so much stuff in the resale environment for LV, acres and acres of used LV (just look at the Japan market alone). It mostly wasn't made in limited numbers, and almost all items in regular production decline significantly from their original retail price over time. Even "limited" is tricky, because LV can suggest something's limited then turn around and keep supplying it.

Buy what you like and want. If you want a career, LV flipping ain't it.

It's always a risk to buy a fashion item and see if will increase/decrease in value with time, most decrease.

I would not recommend buying Vernis pieces with the intention of resale, because it is patent leather which often doesn't age well and can't be repaired. Particularly a light color like mint which has a high chance of discoloration with time, or staining.

It's always a risk to buy a fashion item and see if will increase/decrease in value with time, most decrease.

I would not recommend buying Vernis pieces with the intention of resale, because it is patent leather which often doesn't age well and can't be repaired. Particularly a light color like mint which has a high chance of discoloration with time, or staining.

Thank you your post was very helpful. I appreciate it.

Reactions: DreamingBeauty
Isn't this really a thread about speculation buying and reselling?

If you intend to make money by obtaining vintage LV with the hope of lovely profit down the road, chances are high that you will take a bath. There is so much stuff in the resale environment for LV, acres and acres of used LV (just look at the Japan market alone). It mostly wasn't made in limited numbers, and almost all items in regular production decline significantly from their original retail price over time. Even "limited" is tricky, because LV can suggest something's limited then turn around and keep supplying it.

Buy what you like and want. If you want a career, LV flipping ain't it.

Thankfully I have a great career, not looking to make any money off of it, I honestly fell in love with the piece. I was just curious if in 30+ years it will be worth something. I do see where you are coming from saying that there is so much stuff in resale. Thanks for your insight.

I don’t think the vernis piece will hold up 30 years from now. From my past experiences some Vernis colors do not age well. If this is vintage and not used it may be in excellent condition now, but with age, exposure to sun and weather some Vernis colors change drastically.

Last edited:
Reactions: fabuleux
Based on the pictures I've seen, it will not hold its value well and it will probably sell for less than what you bought it for. The colour is hard to match, verni does not age well and many prefer to have a strap.