Let's Show How We Do LV Hacks!! Share Your Innovative Ideas and Ways to Modify LV

I bought an mcraft strap for my PA as soon as I got it. Periodically I use the short strap the PA came with but mostly the long. It has developed the exact same patina as the tab on the PA and I've had it for 2 years. I often forget that the strap isn't from LV, I wouldn't hesitate to buy more for other bags.
thanks for the info! really giving me something to think about lol

Lv should get ideas from you! The bag looks awesome. How long did it take to do the piping?

Thank you! I’d be happy if they periodically threw a couple bags my way as payment! :graucho::yahoo:

What took me the longest was really taping off the areas of purse that I didn’t want paint to get on. I used that black electrical tape instead of masking tape or freezer tape. It stuck the best, has a decent amount of stretch so taping around any odd shaped areas was fairly easy. Any of the adhesive that may have stuck to the purse after removing the tape was easily removed with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. It didn’t damage the canvas in any way. If I had to guesstimate how long the piping took me I’d say maybe 5 minutes to paint and I used a heat gun for a few minutes in between coats. I bought this heat gun from Walmart for about $25! In total I’d say 30-45 minutes and I did 4 layers of paint. To seal the paint I used Angelus Matte Leather finisher. I used Angelus paints as well. I ordered them from Michael’s.

I’m actually working on updating another older bag that was stained. I lost the pictures that I took before I started tho

Attachments

• 7654E691-1040-47A9-8B19-FAB78D36D298.jpeg
    7654E691-1040-47A9-8B19-FAB78D36D298.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 1,405
  • 99A4E760-FDB2-4FDE-ABAA-C01DD9AAE4BC.jpeg
    99A4E760-FDB2-4FDE-ABAA-C01DD9AAE4BC.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 1,395
Thank you! I’d be happy if they periodically threw a couple bags my way as payment! :graucho::yahoo:

What took me the longest was really taping off the areas of purse that I didn’t want paint to get on. I used that black electrical tape instead of masking tape or freezer tape. It stuck the best, has a decent amount of stretch so taping around any odd shaped areas was fairly easy. Any of the adhesive that may have stuck to the purse after removing the tape was easily removed with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. It didn’t damage the canvas in any way. If I had to guesstimate how long the piping took me I’d say maybe 5 minutes to paint and I used a heat gun for a few minutes in between coats. I bought this heat gun from Walmart for about $25! In total I’d say 30-45 minutes and I did 4 layers of paint. To seal the paint I used Angelus Matte Leather finisher. I used Angelus paints as well. I ordered them from Michael’s.

I’m actually working on updating another older bag that was stained. I lost the pictures that I took before I started tho
Amazing, not only would I have not been able to do this without getting paint allover the bag (I can't even paint my fingernails without it looking like a 5 year old did them) but I certain wouldn't have been able to do it with long nails. The LV with the red trim looks great. LV needs to contact and hire you to help them design some bags.

So I’m working on another bag, buuuuuuut this time I lost the few “before” pics that I took before. The piping had a very sizable wine stain on both sides. Years ago I knocked over a full glass of red wine and ruined my bag. I never thought about painting it until recently. I was caught between painting the trim black, use a honey colored paint or change it COMPLETELY! I was inspired by this LV NéoNoé bucket with red trim. The red trim had black edge coating on it and I HAD to try and recreate this modern color choice on an older bag. Here’s the bag that inspired me AND my updated/hacked monogram Papillon 30.

Attachments

• E4F2856E-7E52-415B-8EC9-FDD6A2407CCE.jpeg
    E4F2856E-7E52-415B-8EC9-FDD6A2407CCE.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 1,455
  • 7D004D24-27A1-42EC-B266-FD85F87C1646.jpeg
    7D004D24-27A1-42EC-B266-FD85F87C1646.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 1,442
  • 3800E241-E8EB-466E-B384-9492F993EA3F.jpeg
    3800E241-E8EB-466E-B384-9492F993EA3F.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,435
  • 27E0383D-C88E-44AD-825E-DBA72BAB0254.jpeg
    27E0383D-C88E-44AD-825E-DBA72BAB0254.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,423
Amazing, not only would I have not been able to do this without getting paint allover the bag (I can't even paint my fingernails without it looking like a 5 year old did them) but I certain wouldn't have been able to do it with long nails. The LV with the red trim looks great. LV needs to contact and hire you to help them design some bags.

I’d jump on that opportunity SOOOOOOO fast! I’m serious about them paying me in bags tho :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I have long nails majority of the times. I’m also a self taught nail technician so I’m sure that has taught me how to pay attention to minute details with a straight hand!:idea::flowers::smile:

Reactions: Jeny09 and bayborn
So I’m working on another bag, buuuuuuut this time I lost the few “before” pics that I took before. The piping had a very sizable wine stain on both sides. Years ago I knocked over a full glass of red wine and ruined my bag. I never thought about painting it until recently. I was caught between painting the trim black, use a honey colored paint or change it COMPLETELY! I was inspired by this LV NéoNoé bucket with red trim. The red trim had black edge coating on it and I HAD to try and recreate this modern color choice on an older bag. Here’s the bag that inspired me AND my updated/hacked monogram Papillon 30.

GORGEOUS!!! You brought new life to this Papillon bag. Sooooooooooo pretty!!! You’re very talented. Let’s us know how this wears in the coming months.

It's stunning. Great job!

Reactions: 504Crystal

:heart::heart:Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous :heart::heart:

You are so very talented! :nuts:

Wow beautiful! The painting looks perfect!!! What kind of brush/ paint did you use?? And how long does it take to paint the edges?

I’m not sure if this is considered a “hack” but here goes! This Damier Azur Speedy 30 was given to me back in 2009. It originally had the vachetta leather trim and handles. This was the 1st LV bag that I ever owned. I’m new to the LV game and I knew absolutely NOTHING about caring for vachetta leather. Needless to say I trashed the handles and no amount of cleaning that I tried made any difference. I packed her away and never used it again. I was recently inspired by the Monogram bags with black leather trim so I just said “what the hell”! It wasn’t like I was using the bag anyway. I’m pretty artistic and I also am a self taught nail tech so I have very steady hands. I painted all the trim black with acrylic leather paint and used a satin finish as a top coat. I wanted them to be just a little shiny buuuuuut it came out way shinier than I expected :hrmm: I then printed an enlarged LV symbol from the internet and traced it onto the bag. I used the same paint and I am sooooooooo pleased with how it came out (besides the shiny black that is). I only painted one side, but I think I want to do something to the other side. Maybe a “racing stripe” down the center of the other side with my initials? I don’t know...what do you ladies think? :confused1: Do you think that’ll be too much? I’m thinking it’ll give me the option of wearing either side and it would be like having 2 bags instead of one. All suggestions are welcomed :flowers::idea::smile:

It looks awesome! Nice work! You ladies are all so brave! Painting and hole punching your bags! I give you all credit! Very clever!

GORGEOUS!!! You brought new life to this Papillon bag. Sooooooooooo pretty!!! You’re very talented. Let’s us know how this wears in the coming months.
I certainly will!!! I used an Angelus brand acrylic finisher to seal in all the work. I’ll be paying close attention to the piping. I’m an ole New Orleans girl that does NOT believe in placing my purses on the ground so we’ll see! Lol

It's stunning. Great job!
Thank you!!!

:heart::heart:Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous :heart::heart:

You are so very talented! :nuts:
Thank you so much! I owe my steady hands to always being pretty artistic and doing nails for YEARS LOL

Wow beautiful! The painting looks perfect!!! What kind of brush/ paint did you use?? And how long does it take to paint the edges?
Thank you!!! I actually bought a cheap set of brushes from Michael’s. That way it doesn’t bother me to throw one out if it gets rough. I used Angelus leather paint and finisher. They have a website and Michael’s carries them online too. The longest part was taping off the areas that I didn’t want paint getting on. Electric tape is virtual MAGIC for this step! Because of the texture of the Monogram LV...you’ll have A LITTLE bit of seepage. I took a pointy pair of tweezers and carefully picked off the parts that I could see. Your tape job determines how much touching up you’ll have to do. I have a heat gun ($25ish from Walmart) and using that in between layers of paint cuts down time tremendously! I hope this helped!!!

It looks awesome! Nice work! You ladies are all so brave! Painting and hole punching your bags! I give you all credit! Very clever!
Thank you! It’s a bit nerve racking I can honestly say. I mean you’re essentially voiding any warranties LV would give. That said...if you’ve spent ALL that coinage and the purse ends up not being a practical use for you. It’ll sit in the closet. Also...$600-700 to replace the leather may seem expensive to some. This is a way to give an old friend a new “outfit” ☺️

Reactions: Born4thjuly