Sale pattern on seasonals?

bosslady

O.G.
May 19, 2008
I looked and couldn’t find this so if it exists my apologies. Is there a seasonal pattern to follow for the CL boutique sales? For example boots, do they go on sale in the boutiques during a certain month or time of year? I know I typically will stumble upon some pretty amazing sales when I walk into the boutique but I have been eyeing a pair of boots and assuming the time of year I would imagine they go on sale pretty soon but I can’t figure out what the rhyme or reason is on the boots going on sale throughout the boutiques. Does anyone have any insight or is there a pattern for how the seasonals get marked down? I would hate to pay full price only to see them go on sale in a couple of weeks when we hit spring.

Boutique sales are typically in June for Spring/Summer styles and December for Fall/Winter styles. My general rule of thumb for what makes the sale are seasonal styles readily available across the board at multiple retailers and the boutiques. Of course, what ends up on the sales rack can be a toss up.

From what season is the boots you're trying to nab on sale? If it was a FW2018 style, it should have been included in the past sale that started end of November. For example, my Fabiola OTK boots were part of the FW2017 collection and I got them on sale December 2017.

Reactions: bosslady
Boutique sales are typically in June for Spring/Summer styles and December for Fall/Winter styles. My general rule of thumb for what makes the sale are seasonal styles readily available across the board at multiple retailers and the boutiques. Of course, what ends up on the sales rack can be a toss up.

From what season is the boots you're trying to nab on sale? If it was a FW2018 style, it should have been included in the past sale that started end of November. For example, my Fabiola OTK boots were part of the FW2017 collection and I got them on sale December 2017.
I believe they’re Fall 2018 because all of the Department stores that had them already put them on sale and sold out. But I asked the boutique if they were on sale and she said the sale already ended so everything is regular price which was why I was confused if something was off-season I didn’t know that it would switch back to regular price if they still have stock left. I don’t do much buying from the boutiques directly just because it’s easier to have an SA at a department store and quite frankly where I live I have not found any boutique where the associates are very helpful or nice so I don’t enjoy shopping there but on a rare occasion I’ll get something from the boutique. I’ve noticed they usually have some pretty good sales. I guess I’m out of luck on this one LOL full price it is LOL Thank you so much for your response I really appreciate it :smile:

I believe they’re Fall 2018 because all of the Department stores that had them already put them on sale and sold out. But I asked the boutique if they were on sale and she said the sale already ended so everything is regular price which was why I was confused if something was off-season I didn’t know that it would switch back to regular price if they still have stock left. I don’t do much buying from the boutiques directly just because it’s easier to have an SA at a department store and quite frankly where I live I have not found any boutique where the associates are very helpful or nice so I don’t enjoy shopping there but on a rare occasion I’ll get something from the boutique. I’ve noticed they usually have some pretty good sales. I guess I’m out of luck on this one LOL full price it is LOL Thank you so much for your response I really appreciate it :smile:

When the sales are over at the boutiques, they don't hold over seasonal items and raise them back to regular price. Those items end up in the sample sale in NYC. You can also check yoox.com and theoutnet.com. They have random older season stock.

I looked and couldn’t find this so if it exists my apologies. Is there a seasonal pattern to follow for the CL boutique sales? For example boots, do they go on sale in the boutiques during a certain month or time of year? I know I typically will stumble upon some pretty amazing sales when I walk into the boutique but I have been eyeing a pair of boots and assuming the time of year I would imagine they go on sale pretty soon but I can’t figure out what the rhyme or reason is on the boots going on sale throughout the boutiques. Does anyone have any insight or is there a pattern for how the seasonals get marked down? I would hate to pay full price only to see them go on sale in a couple of weeks when we hit spring.

Saks just got their presale Louboutin lists today - 40% off. The boutiques usually are within a few days of that. If you contact your nearest boutique and ask to be added to the email list typically they will email a list of what is available.

I just came from Barneys, & Bergdorf's both started today for presale. Bergdorf had a much larger selection than Barneys. Check out the pictures I post for both stores in the sales & deals thread.

Reactions: jblady
I just came from Barneys, & Bergdorf's both started today for presale. Bergdorf had a much larger selection than Barneys. Check out the pictures I post for both stores in the sales & deals thread.
Hi! Do you ha e a sales person you can refer me to in Bergdorf? I believe they dint have any locations in Northern California?