Quality with Celine Trio bag

Ashbe14

Feb 2, 2016
Hi everyone
I've just received my first Celine bag (made online) and I'm a little unsure about the quality of the bag, mainly the lining seems a little too big so the bag looks creased already? I understand it's a very soft bag and in time will likely crease but I don't like that effect when brand new. I don't know if it's just mine with this lining or they're all like that, and if so if it's something I can get used to.

Can anybody share what their brand new Trio looked like please, to compare?

Thank You :smile:

Hi everyone
I've just received my first Celine bag (made online) and I'm a little unsure about the quality of the bag, mainly the lining seems a little too big so the bag looks creased already? I understand it's a very soft bag and in time will likely crease but I don't like that effect when brand new. I don't know if it's just mine with this lining or they're all like that, and if so if it's something I can get used to.

Can anybody share what their brand new Trio looked like please, to compare?

Thank You :smile:

What year is your Trio bag?

What year is your Trio bag?
I'll have to check when I get home, but looking at others' Trios on YouTube, theirs have felt linings but mine has a black lining which isn't attached to the inside of the bag. The lining is a creases in areas which then causes a wrinkle/crease in the leather on the outside, If that makes sense. Only the from of the 3 pouches are like that which makes me think it might be an abnormality rather than the norm?

I'll have to check when I get home, but looking at others' Trios on YouTube, theirs have felt linings but mine has a black lining which isn't attached to the inside of the bag. The lining is a creases in areas which then causes a wrinkle/crease in the leather on the outside, If that makes sense. Only the from of the 3 pouches are like that which makes me think it might be an abnormality rather than the norm?

So you actually have the new Trios under the new creative director Hedi Slimane. Honestly, I've played around with the new Trios with the new black lining and I found them to be a bit crap when it comes to craftsmanship especially when compared to Phoebe-era Trios.

Reactions: wheihk
So you actually have the new Trios under the new creative director Hedi Slimane. Honestly, I've played around with the new Trios with the new black lining and I found them to be a bit crap when it comes to craftsmanship especially when compared to Phoebe-era Trios.
Ahh no really? Other than that I love the bag but I can't get past the creases. I'll exchange for another and see if that one's any better. Thanks for your help :smile:

Reactions: Sophia
I noticed quite a few trios with creases when I was visiting my local celine store. The SA insisted it’s common with trios even before the Nylon lined versions were introduced but I’m doubtful. I never noticed it before with the Phoebe version. I suspect the new lining is the issue.

I noticed quite a few trios with creases when I was visiting my local celine store. The SA insisted it’s common with trios even before the Nylon lined versions were introduced but I’m doubtful. I never noticed it before with the Phoebe version. I suspect the new lining is the issue.
Thanks, I was hoping I just had a dud one. I've arranged an exchange so will have a look at the replacement, fingers crossed anyway. If it's the same I'll have to get something else...

Thanks, i wonder what the chances of being sent a Phoebe- era bag is...?!
Can I ask what the wear and tear is like generally with this bag, with it being soft/unstructured. Does it say or look scruffy?

Thanks, i wonder what the chances of being sent a Phoebe- era bag is...?!
Can I ask what the wear and tear is like generally with this bag, with it being soft/unstructured. Does it say or look scruffy?

I wouldn’t say it looks scruffy but there are definitely scratches on mine and a bit of loss of color on the corners. But I used it nearly everyday for 8 months and there were times I really loaded it up.

Reactions: Ashbe14