okay, slight issue with my sunset blvd...will this matter?

vuittonamour

ooh let me see!
O.G.
Dec 24, 2006
i might need to exchange her for a different one, just because i am not happy with the imprinting on my bag. i am aware some are more deeply imprinted than others (i have seen other members' bags) and mine is very lightly done. i am aware this is normal, but i really just like deep imprinting on my vernis. i wasn't really paying attention to this detail while i was in the store to pick her up because i was just so excited i was finally able to go get her.

anyway, my store is in manhattan on 5th ave, and i am not sure when i will be able to get back up there. possibly this weekend i would but it's never definite. so there's a counter in saks not far from my school so i want to take it there to see if i can exchange for a different one.

problem is: my sales associate in nyc charged my card on 6/16, which i told her to go ahead and do because i wanted the bag. she told me i could always return it if i didn't like it. the receipt says 14 days for return or exchange, and it is obviously now past 14 days but i was not able to pick it up until last friday. so for me it will really only be 6 days, but there is no way to prove this to the SAs in bala cynwyd. do you think they will give me issues if i want to exchange my sunset for another? it's the same bag, unused, i don't see why not???

Just to add, my receipt says 'store credit' but one time I exchanged for something and they returned the balance directly into my debit card.

sometimes i think it just depends on the SA, condition of the item and the actual situation, something tells me their return policies really aren't set in stone.

Can you post pics of your old one compared to the new one when you get it? I would love to see the difference in Vernis...thanks!

sure. if there's no difference i'm going to stick with the one i got since it came from my regular store with my regular SA, but if there is a difference i will exchange it. i have current photos of the one i got in my collection thread, which you can get to by clicking the image in my signature.

okay, for those of you who wanted to see the difference in the vernis imprinting of the first sunset i purchased and the one i exchanged it for, here ya go.

first one i got:

new8.png

new9.png

and the newbie that's found its way home (lol):
-- sorry some of the pics are kinda crappy, my camera battery died and i had to use my phone for a couple.

newsun1.png

newsun2.png

newsun3.png

newsun4.png

You did good, the second one does look better.....:yes:

Congrats, its soooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!

With LVs, I notice that you need to pick from several of the same pieces for the one thats a bit better off......
I take soooo long doing this and it drives the SA crazy.....lol..