Help me decide: Raisin Box Calf too similar to Chocolate Togo?

Should I return the Raisin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 13, 2013
I need your opinions!

I recently acquired the Raisin Birkin 35 in box calf with PHW. I thought it would look more purple that it does and compared to my Chocolate Togo Birkin 35 with GHW it looks really similar. I was surprised how dark and brown Raisin is in real life.

Do you think it’s worth having both? Do see a big enough difference to justify keeping both? I’m torn!

The pictures are with flash so the colors can appear brighter. Without flash and in normal lighting the difference is even less pronounced. Day light doesn’t seem to make much of a difference either. Let me know your thoughts!

0A1B0E69-AD66-469E-BAC5-1A88FC626122.jpeg 27A79840-0036-42E2-9D8C-CD541A2B02B9.jpeg 885FBDFC-3AA4-4B7E-9939-658928819124.jpeg F0E2751F-BB65-40F1-9CC6-9E56187C77B9.jpeg

hmmm tough choice...
I think it would depend on the rest of your outfit...
If you have more blue tones, jeans, or neutrals like camel, I think they compliment well with the chocolate B. However if you decide to change up your outfit and have more brighter blue, purple, or even red tones, I think this would go well with Raisin box.
Good luck!

hi i understand that you are inquiring on the color but IMO its very much worth keeping and justifies holding on to both them because of the leather (box calf). i am a great fan of chocolate color and i have b30. i also have raisin in chèvre and it is a great glowy purple in this specific leather. anyways cut to the chase i just wanted to let you know that your BOX CALF is beautiful

Reactions: seccrenicche
hmmm tough choice...
I think it would depend on the rest of your outfit...
If you have more blue tones, jeans, or neutrals like camel, I think they compliment well with the chocolate B. However if you decide to change up your outfit and have more brighter blue, purple, or even red tones, I think this would go well with Raisin box.
Good luck!
Definitely have a neutral wardrobe. Camel, black, muted pinks, greens, beige. I wish I was a pop of color person, but I’m just not. Thanks for your reply!

hi i understand that you are inquiring on the color but IMO its very much worth keeping and justifies holding on to both them because of the leather (box calf). i am a great fan of chocolate color and i have b30. i also have raisin in chèvre and it is a great glowy purple in this specific leather. anyways cut to the chase i just wanted to let you know that your BOX CALF is beautiful
Thank you, that’s similar to what others said. Keep it for the leather. Ahh...I just might now.

As xiaoxiao wrote, without any Devil Wears Prada irony, they are so different.
The are both covetable.
What is significant for you is:
how aware you are of the difference of cast (tonal quality) in the colours, that unfortunately does not show very well in your pictures;
how important the hardware is (GHW v PHW) when choosing accessories;
how much you appreciate and enjoy the different skins.

I can imagine that one will become the favoured 'go to' bag and it could be either.
If you decide to let one go, it will be self-selecting.

As xiaoxiao wrote, without any Devil Wears Prada irony, they are so different.
The are both covetable.
What is significant for you is:
how aware you are of the difference of cast (tonal quality) in the colours, that unfortunately does not show very well in your pictures;
how important the hardware is (GHW v PHW) when choosing accessories;
how much you appreciate and enjoy the different skins.

I can imagine that one will become the favoured 'go to' bag and it could be either.
If you decide to let one go, it will be self-selecting.

They definitely have a different “feel” to them for me. The chocolate is more casual, slouchy, warm. The raisin is more formal, structured and cool feeling due to the hardware and leather type. I really like both but I just don’t know if they will really change an outfit enough in their own different ways. Ugh. So undecided.

Can you still return the raisin box calf?
It appears to have an identification tag.

Are you are disappointed with the colour cast of it and it was not what you were hoping for?
If that is the case, then you are the only who knows whether it will grow on you or whether it will continue to disappoint.
Just because it appears to be covetable by others does not mean that you should want it.

If you can return it now, perhaps you should consider doing so and look out for another with that special colour tone you were hoping for.

I think that if you have to ask, you know already that it's not quite right. I appreciate the difference but on first impression they look virtually identical. I would return and get something that feels distinctive and different.
Yes, that’s what I was afraid of. I know there are differences in the leather, hardware, color that us Hermes lovers would appreciate and see but overall, I feel like they look basically the same.

Can you still return the raisin box calf?
It appears to have an identification tag.

Are you are disappointed with the colour cast of it and it was not what you were hoping for?
If that is the case, then you are the only who knows whether it will grow on you or whether it will continue to disappoint.
Just because it appears to be covetable by others does not mean that you should want it.

If you can return it now, perhaps you should consider doing so and look out for another with that special colour tone you were hoping for.
Yes, I can return it.

I just saw other pictures of raisin online and thought it would be more like this:
64DF608F-AC12-4AAD-802D-CC09309005D0.jpeg 1BE21034-41D7-40FC-98AE-24FB1922CF2F.jpeg

But it really isn’t. But at the same time, it’s box calf and it’s so hard to get in Raisin...

Reactions: periogirl28