The artsy club!

I am about to purchase a Mono Artsy- who uses an organizer on the inside? Pros? Cons?

When I first got my bag I used an organizer but the bag is so heavy empty that I decided not to use one anymore.
I just put my stuff in and use the six pockets that are already on the inside.
If you do decide to use one - try to get a soft one - the structured ones cause the base to stick out too far from the body - and may cause you to scratch the corners against walls and people lol.

When I first got my bag I used an organizer but the bag is so heavy empty that I decided not to use one anymore.
I just put my stuff in and use the six pockets that are already on the inside.
If you do decide to use one - try to get a soft one - the structured ones cause the base to stick out too far from the body - and may cause you to scratch the corners against walls and people lol.
Great feedback-thank you!

Hi I'm just about to join the club so I am a newbie! I'm going to LV tomorrow to buy the Zippy but I'm also pretty set on getting the Artsy in monogram too. For me, when it came to adding a new bag, I was going back and forth between the Graceful MM and the Artsy MM. Ultimately I found myself loving the look of the Artsy a lot more. Am I making the right choice getting the Artsy over the Graceful? I know their very different bags, but I don't think the store I am going to has the Graceful in stock so I will not have the chance to try it on. Also, has anyone used an Original Club or Pelikus organiser with the Artsy? What are your thoughts on them if so? I have also seen that some have used a base shaper with the bag but then some have said it can damage the bag, any thoughts on this too? Sorry for all the questions!

Reactions: Melfontana
Hi I'm just about to join the club so I am a newbie! I'm going to LV tomorrow to buy the Zippy but I'm also pretty set on getting the Artsy in monogram too. For me, when it came to adding a new bag, I was going back and forth between the Graceful MM and the Artsy MM. Ultimately I found myself loving the look of the Artsy a lot more. Am I making the right choice getting the Artsy over the Graceful? I know their very different bags, but I don't think the store I am going to has the Graceful in stock so I will not have the chance to try it on. Also, has anyone used an Original Club or Pelikus organiser with the Artsy? What are your thoughts on them if so? I have also seen that some have used a base shaper with the bag but then some have said it can damage the bag, any thoughts on this too? Sorry for all the questions!

Hi I do not have the Graceful but I do have the Delightful which is very similar and the Artsy.
In my opinion they are very different bags. I have a love/hate relationship with my Artsy. I received mine in 2011 it was my first LV bag and I agree it’s a beautiful bag but for me it’s a heavier bag and annoying to carry for long periods of time. I probably used it less then 10 times since I purchased it.
Reasons:
The drop from the top of the handle to the top of the bag isn’t that wide so for me it’s not comfortable with a puffy winter coat and I try not to wear it with sleeveless shirts because I don’t want to get deodorant on the top of the bag - that basically limits my use to fall and spring (light jacket or sleeves).
The base sticks pretty far out from my body so basically I’ve bumped into people, walls, etc. It could be carried on the crook of your arm but I feel its to heavy for that.
I have to take it off my shoulder and place on the counter to get my wallet out, phone, etc.

Like I said it’s a beautiful bag and it was my first bag so I keep it and use it every now and again. I’ve had no issues with the canvas or the handle. It’s made very well and the lining with the six pockets allowed me to forego the organizer. I did purchase a base shaper when I first got it but it really made the base of the bag stick out and I knocked into more things with it.
If it was my only bag I would probably sell it and purchase something I could use everyday but that’s just my opinion. I suggest you try it on and place your items in the bag and walk around the store with it to see how you feel with it on your shoulder. Good Luck with your decision.

Hi I do not have the Graceful but I do have the Delightful which is very similar and the Artsy.
In my opinion they are very different bags. I have a love/hate relationship with my Artsy. I received mine in 2011 it was my first LV bag and I agree it’s a beautiful bag but for me it’s a heavier bag and annoying to carry for long periods of time. I probably used it less then 10 times since I purchased it.
Reasons:
The drop from the top of the handle to the top of the bag isn’t that wide so for me it’s not comfortable with a puffy winter coat and I try not to wear it with sleeveless shirts because I don’t want to get deodorant on the top of the bag - that basically limits my use to fall and spring (light jacket or sleeves).
The base sticks pretty far out from my body so basically I’ve bumped into people, walls, etc. It could be carried on the crook of your arm but I feel its to heavy for that.
I have to take it off my shoulder and place on the counter to get my wallet out, phone, etc.

Like I said it’s a beautiful bag and it was my first bag so I keep it and use it every now and again. I’ve had no issues with the canvas or the handle. It’s made very well and the lining with the six pockets allowed me to forego the organizer. I did purchase a base shaper when I first got it but it really made the base of the bag stick out and I knocked into more things with it.
If it was my only bag I would probably sell it and purchase something I could use everyday but that’s just my opinion. I suggest you try it on and place your items in the bag and walk around the store with it to see how you feel with it on your shoulder. Good Luck with your decision.
I didn't get time to go yesterday so will be going tomorrow instead, and will try it out. Thanks for your thoughts!

Hi All,

I bought my Artsy Noir in Oct 2016, less than a year the handle started melting and it was replaced free of charge. Yesterday when I checked the thread is coming off.

Attachments

• 02DF4B91-C0D8-4383-970F-962E65871A31.jpeg
    02DF4B91-C0D8-4383-970F-962E65871A31.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 484
Reactions: lovingmybags
Hi All,

I bought my Artsy Noir in Oct 2016, less than a year the handle started melting and it was replaced free of charge. Yesterday when I checked the thread is coming off.

Oh my goodness. I would be completely freaking out and running to to boutique. I’ve never had this happen. I am one to change my bag every few days though. Is this an everyday bag for you? Not that it should matter really. With the price we pay for these they should be fireproof!

Reactions: QueenBee81